It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas! One of the best parts about the festive season is being able to get out and about with the family to spend some quality time together enjoying some of the fun events that are on! It’s a chance to throw on that Santa hat and create your own magic. Make the most of the season with this fabulous round-up of the best Christmas events for kids in Sydney.
Looking to create some lasting memories with the kids this Christmas? After the year we’ve had, you deserve it! Use the quicklinks below to discover the best Christmas events for kids in Sydney.
Christmas Events around Sydney
- Christmas at Patchwork Ponies, Dural
- Christmas at The Mix, Chatswood
- Christmas at Home HQ Artarmon
- Deck the Harbour at Darling Harbour
- Hunter Valley Gardens Christmas Lights
- Sydney Christmas Fair, Entertainment Quarter
- Santa’s Fun Fair, Rouse Hill Town Centre
- Santa’s Studio, The Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
- Book in a Kids High Tea
- Christmas carol concerts in Sydney
- Santa photos across Sydney
- Where to get a real Christmas tree
- Where to find Christmas lights
Sydney Christmas Fair, Entertainment Quarter
This family-friendly extravaganza will feature a huge line-up of entertainment for all the family to enjoy, including all your favourite Carnival Rides and Games, interactive Elf Workshops, Gingerbread House Party, Letters to Santa and so much more.
Get into the spirit of Christmas at the Sydney Christmas Fair and look forward to carnival rides, games, elf workshops, Santa photos and more!
- When: Saturday 11 & 18 December, 10am-7pm | Sunday 12 & 19 December, 10am-4pm
- Where: Entertainment Quarter, 122 Lang Rd, Moore Park NSW 2021
- Cost: from $5
Christmas at the Mix, Chatswood
Head to The Mix at Chatswood Place for free weekend entertainment:
- Bubble-ist: Saturday 11 December, 10am-2pm
- Balloonist: Saturday 18 December, 10am-2pm
Plus, see their Christmas elf to collect a FREE Christmas Pop-it for the kids! Available from 10am to 2pm or while stocks last. Located on Plaza Level.
In the evenings, catch up and enjoy Christmas carols from 6pm to 9pm, Saturday 11 & Saturday 18 December, located on Restaurant Level.
- When & Where: Chatswood Place, 260 Victoria Ave, Chatswood
- Suited for: 4 to 10 years
- Cost: Free
Christmas at Patchwork Ponies, Dural
Head over and join in the festive spirit at Patchwork Ponies in Dural! Book in a 1.5 hour session that includes a 15-minute led pony ride on one of their Christmas themed ponies, as well as Christmas craft and activities, including decorating a gingerbread house!
- When: Sunday 19 December, 9.30am-11.30am
- Where: 6 Rosella Street, Dural
- Age: 3-9 year olds with a weight limit of 40kgs
Deck the Harbour, Darling Harbour
Darling Harbour is decking their halls for the silly season, with giant floating baubles on Cockle Bay, Christmas-themed pedal boats, a building-sized bauble at the Convention Centre Forecourt, competitions, incredible outdoor dining options and a larger-than-life, interactive Sky Castle.
Tumbalong Park will also host four days of Christmas festivities including live music and dance, kid’s entertainment, delicious food stalls and holiday treats.
- When: Now until Sunday 26 December
- Where: Darling Harbour
Hunter Valley Christmas Lights
Enjoy the magic of Christmas at Australia’s largest Christmas Lights display. Immerse yourself in spectacular Christmas themed light displays. Including the popular Lover’s Tunnel, ‘Hunter’ the giant teddy bear, Giant Castle, Around the World and more…Plus, amazing amusement rides, roving entertainment, hearty food and beverages.
- When: Until 26 January 2022, 5.30pm-10.30pm
- Where: Broke Road, Pokolbin NSW 2320
- Cost: Adult $32, Child (4-15 years) $25, Family (2A+2C) $79
Santa’s Fun Fair, Rouse Hill Town Centre
Santa’s Fun Fair is back with a classic two storey carousel, Santa train, fairy floss and more! Located at Market Square (near the Santa House) join in the fun and games of Christmas and join them to ride the carousel, jump on the mini tramps, ride the Santa train and more. It’s one of the best Christmas events for kids in Sydney.
- When: Friday 10 December – Sunday 2 January, 10am-8pm
- Where: White Hart Dr, Rouse Hill NSW 2155
- Cost: from $25
Santa’s Studio, The Royal Botanic Garden Sydney
Your little elves can create beautiful Christmas crafts and presents for their family and friends. Children will be introduced to a range of art mediums and natural materials to make presents your parents and grandparents will love. Dress ups encouraged!
Make a day of it! Join them for Dreaming of a Green Christmas outdoor theatre to bring in the festive season with the cheeky elves, Elvis and Elvin.
- When: Monday 20 December, 12pm-1.30pm
- Where: Mrs Macquaries Rd, Sydney NSW 2000
- Ages: 4-10 years
- Cost: $18 per child
Christmas at Home HQ, Artarmon
Home HQ has lots in store with Santa Paws + Family Photos plus a weekend full of festivities with face painting, fairy floss & lolly cart, gingerbread workshops and special visits from Frosty the Snowman and Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer!
- When: Saturday 11 & Sunday 12 December, 11am-2pm
- Where: HomeHQ Artarmon, 1 Frederick Street Artarmon
Christmas on the North Shore
Where to get your Santa photo in Sydney
Wondering where to get a Santa photo on Sydney’s North Shore this Christmas? Things are still a little different in 2021, but you can still get a photo with Santa… just a physically distanced one! No more screaming kids and no more bribing them onto Santa’s lap… Santa is still popping up all over Sydney’s North Shore. Discover the best places to get your Santa photos in 2021 in our post: Santa photos! Where to get your Christmas pics around Sydney’s North Shore.
Where to get a real Christmas Tree
If you want to get a real Christmas tree this year, there are lots of Christmas Tree Farms scattered all over Sydney. This family tradition is one of the best Christmas events for kids in Sydney. Enjoy a leisurely country drive to one of the farms for a festive family day out. Or, if you’re strapped for time, order online and get it delivered direct to your home. The smell of fresh pine is guaranteed to make you feel festive! Find out Where to buy a real Christmas tree in Sydney 2021 in our dedicated article!
- Dural Christmas Tree Farm
- Sydney Christmas Tree Farm, Duffys Forest
- Christmas World, Belrose
- Royal Far West Christmas Trees, Manly
- Willy’s Christmas Tree Farm, Windsor
- Merlino’s Christmas Trees
- Elf Help
Christmas Carol Concerts in Sydney
If you love belting out some Christmas tunes & being surrounded by the festive mood, then visiting one of the many carol concerts happening around the North Shore is probably a cherished tradition. In 2021, many of our favourite carol events are back, while some remain online, ready for you to rock out in your living room! Here’s your Ultimate Guide to Christmas Carol Concerts 2021.
- Carols in the Domain, Sydney
- Taronga Zoo Christmas Concert, Mosman
- Thornleigh Community Christmas Carols, Thornleigh
- Turramurra Community Carols
- Carols in Willoughby Park, Willoughby
- Rotary Carols, North Ryde
Christmas Kids High Teas
Christmas kids high teas are plentiful this year, so why not start a new tradition? Tuck into gingerbread, sip on festive cinnamon teas and feel the stirring of the Christmas spirit at these fancy spots in Sydney for a children’s Christmas treat! Check out our post on Christmas kids high tea in Sydney for more!
- QVB Kids Christmas High Tea with Santa
- Shangri-la Christmas High Tea
- A Very Langham Christmas Tea
- Hornsby RSL Christmas Kids High Tea
Where to find streets with spectacular Christmas lights
Visiting one of Sydney’s North Shore neighbourhoods with spectacular Christmas light displays is often a highlight of the festive season. Christmas lights are back, and we’re excited to share the best streets for North Shore Christmas light displays in 2021. Head to our post on Best streets for North Shore Christmas light displays.