Are you interested in boosting your credibility in your industry? Want to write about relevant topics to educate North Shore Mums, and position yourself as a position of authority? Becoming a Contributor for North Shore Mums is an excellent way to do just that!
Who can become a professional contributor?
- You must be a mum living on Sydney’s North Shore.
- If writing for professional reasons, you must have an active Annual Featured Gold listing in our Directory, or have done some other form of advertising with us in the last 12 months. Click here to list your business or explore other advertising options.
Benefits of becoming a contributor with North Shore Mums
- The article will remain on the website indefinitely and will be optimised for search engines. It can include one backlink to your website, boosting your credibility with google.
- After publication, the article will be promoted on the weekly newsletter and a facebook post.
- You get a Writer Profile at the bottom of all the articles you write – which include a headshot, bio and links to your website and social media pages.
What should the article be about?
- Articles should be about a topic or issue that relates to your business, that is interesting and relevant to North Shore Mums. For example:
- A Paediatric Dietitian could write an article on 6 Tips for keeping our kids healthy during the festive season!
- A Swim School Director could write an article on Six tips to keep your kids safe around pools
- A Childcare Director could write an article on Top tips: How to choose the right childcare centre
- A Personal Fashion Stylist could write an article on Decluttering your clothes: Choosing what to chuck!
- A Buyers Agent could write an article on Five reasons why YOU make a good property investor!
- Before you start writing, you’ll need to first pitch the idea to our Editor, so we can check it’s the right fit and we haven’t published something similar recently.
- All text — even sections of text — must be original and exclusive to North Shore Mums. Once written, the articles become the property of North Shore Mums and cannot be published elsewhere on personal blogs or websites. You are welcome to share the article on your social media channels.
Tips for writing a great article
- Length: 600-1000 words
- Style: conversational, easy to read
- Format: Rather than long sections of text, the article should be broken up into sections for easy reading. Think along the lines of paragraphs that have sub-headings, bullet points, and so on.
- All articles will be edited by North Shore Mums prior to publication.
If you’re keen to join our team of contributors, please complete the application form below: