Want to advertise to mums on Sydney’s North Shore? Whether you run your own local business or manage the marketing for a national brand, we have advertising options for all budgets. As the biggest media platform for families on Sydney’s North Shore, North Shore Mums provides highly targeted and cost effective advertising options for businesses, services and products to reach local families.
Overview: North Shore Mums
Since launching in 2012, North Shore Mums has established itself as the most popular online source of information, inspiration and ideas for local parents. Packed full of practical information, our website features the latest news, reviews, parenting tips, events guide, local business directory, job board and exclusive offers.
Run by a professional team of passionate women, our mission is to help other mums get the most out of living on the North Shore with kids, whilst navigating parenthood from pregnancy through to the teen years.
We’ve got advertising options to suit companies of all sizes. Whether you’re looking for cost-effective options to promote your local business, or want strong exposure for a big brand, we’ve got packages to suit all businesses looking to reach local mums.
North Shore Mums: The Readership Stats
Website Traffic (monthly)
- Users: 74,517
- Sessions: 97,202
- Page Views: 133,218
(Google Analytics, September 2023)
Social Media & Email Marketing
- Facebook Group: 39,000 members
- Facebook Page: 30,000 followers
- E-newsletter: 12,000 subscribers
- Instagram: 11,000 followers
Statistics updated: 1 October 2023
North Shore Mums: Reader Profile
- Age: 90% are aged in the 25-49 age group
- Number of children: 45% of readers have two children, 35% have one child, 12% have three children.
- Age of children: 2% of our readers are currently pregnant, 12% have a baby (0-11 months), 20% have a toddler (1-2 years) and 34% have a pre-schooler (3-4 years). 54% have at least one child in primary school, and 19% have a child in high school.
- Working status: 55% of North Shore Mums work full-time, 23% part-time and 8% are self-employed. Only 14% are not currently working (due to maternity leave, stay-at-home mum or looking for work).
- Annual household income:The household income for North Shore Mums households is much higher than that of Greater Sydney, with 81% of families earning more than $100,000 per year. This compares to Greater Sydney, where the median annual household income is $108,004 (Census, 2021).
Click here to view the Reader Survey 2023 results with detailed demographic information and insights.
The North Shore Mums Directory is the most cost-effective long-term advertising option available, and is a great way of being discovered by North Shore Mums searching for specific services. You’ll get your very own page on our website! More details or list your business.
Banner Advertising gives businesses exposure on across our website, and is an effective strategy to increase awareness of your product or service, so your business becomes ‘top of mind’ when North Shore Mums need you. Find out more.
E-newsletter & Facebook Packages
Want to promote your event, special offer or new launch to thousands of local mums? We have a range of E-newsletter and Facebook Packages to suit all budgets, which are a great way to create awareness and generate sales. More details or submit an ad.
We also offer Solus E-newsletters (that is, newsletters purely for your business!). We’re quite selective about the advertising emails we send, so please get in touch to let us know about what you’d like to promote. Just mention it in the contact form below.
Advertorial & Review Packages
Our team of professional journalists can create a sponsored article for your business – that is useful, relatable and influential. We have a range of different advertorial and review packages to suit different purposes. Find out more.
Promotions run in the Offers section, and are a highly effective mechanic for encouraging mums to try your business with special offer (for example, a free trial or discount). Businesses get their own page on the website, a spot in the weekly newsletter and two Facebook posts. More details or submit a promotion.
Get your brand in the ears of local parents, through the popular Parenting Couch podcast. Sponsor an episode and have your marketing message shared by co-hosts Rachel & Sarah. More details
Want to promote an event? A Featured What’s On listing ensures you are top of category, and means your event will be easily seen by the thousands of mums who search our What’s On section for events and activities. More details or submit an ad.
Advertising with North Shore Mums really works… but don’t just take our word for it! Click here to read lots of testimonials from local businesses who have seen a measurable impact from advertising.
Download the North Shore Mums Media Kit!
Want to get the full Media Kit emailed to you instantly? Simply fill out the form below: