Yes, we’re heading for the Christmas season again…and if the thought of preparing a feast for the extended family fills you with dread, why not let someone else do all the hard work this Christmas? Luckily, there are lots of local restaurants that are opening their doors on Christmas Day (Tuesday 25 December) for a scrumptious Christmas lunch. But make sure you reserve your table soon, as they always book out!
Ripples Milsons Point
Entertaining overseas guests? Or just want to enjoy Christmas lunch in true Sydney style? It doesn’t get much better than this! Enjoy Christmas Lunch underneath the Sydney Harbour Bridge at Ripples.
They’re offering a three-course set menu. $215 per adult, $95 per child (under 12 years).
- Address: Olympic Drive, Milsons Point
- Phone: (02) 9929 7722
- Visit Ripples.
Aqua Dining, Milsons Point
Boasting unrivalled views of Sydney Harbour, Aqua Dining is a picturesque spot for an indulgent Christmas lunch.
Three-course set menu. $255 per adult, $95 per child (12 years and under). Matched wines available for $75 per person. Beverages charged on consumption.
- Address: Cnr Paul & Northcliff Streets, Milsons Point
- Phone: (02) 9964 9998
- Visit Aqua Dining.
Nestled in the stunning Lavender Bay opposite Clark Park & Wendy’s Secret Garden it is easy to feel like you’ve discovered a hidden gem at the Kirribilli Club.
For Christmas Lunch, they offer an all-inclusive package which includes a 3-course set menu and a premium drinks package. $185 adults, $65 per child (under 12) and includes main course, juice & soft drink, desert and gift from Santa.
- Address: 11 Harbour View Crescent, Lavender Bay
- Phone: (02) 9955 2245
- Visit Kirribilli Club.
Ormeggio at The Spit
Ormeggio overlooks Middle Harbour and Pearl Bay. It was awarded two Chef’s Hats in the Sydney Morning Herald’s Good Food Guide 2018, and has been a hatted restaurant since opening in 2009. Ormeggio is currently rated #44 in Gourmet Traveller’s Australia’s Top 100 Restaurants.
For Christmas lunch, they’re offering a memorable four-course menu. $285 per adult, kids meal $99 per child (under 12 years).
- Address: D’Albora Marinas, The Spit, Mosman
- Phone: (02) 9969 4088
- Visit Ormeggio At The Spit.
Ripples Chowder Bay
Surrounded by beautiful views of nearby Clifton Gardens, Ripples Chowder Bay is the perfect spot to enjoy a lunch with loved ones.
The three course set menu will be on offer for $215 per adult, $95 per child (12 years and under).
- Address: Building 7, Deck C, Chowder Bay Rd, Mosman
- Phone: (02) 9960 3000
- Visit Ripples Chowder Bay.
Chiosco by Ormeggio, Mosman
Chiosco By Ormeggio is a real Italian trattoria by the sea, with stunning views. No matter what the weather is doing, you’ll be comfortable inside Chiosco – with heating, misting spray, fans, shade, and waterproof blinds.
Set four course sharing feast for $199 per adult and $79 for children under 12.
- Address: The Jetty, d’Albora Marina, The Spit, Mosman
- Phone: (02) 9046 7333
- Visit Chiosco by Ormeggio
Bathers’ Pavilion, Balmoral
Enjoy Christmas lunch by stunning inner harbour Balmoral beach. Bathers’ Pavilion have several options:
- Brunch in the restaurant $125 per adult, $65 per child (8.30am to 10.30am finish).
- Christmas Lunch in the Restaurant, 3 courses $285 per adult, $95 per child (under 10)
- Christmas lunch in the Cafe, 3 courses $195 per adult, $95 per child (under 10) (11.30am to 2pm or 2.30pm to 5pm)
- Buffet lunch in the ROOM, $225 including drinks, $95 per child (under 10). 12-3pm. Minimum 4 adults per table
- Address: 4 The Esplanade, Balmoral
- Phone: (02) 9969 5050
- Visit Bathers’ Pavilion
Q Station Manly
Explore Q Station’s beautiful National Park on Sydney Harbour with your family and friends before enjoying a feast in either the majestic ballroom or harbourside restaurant. Q Station has two Christmas lunch options:
- P27 Governor Bourke Ballroom: Family seafood buffet. $185 per adult, $90 child (5-12 years), $35 child (1-4years). Includes house beer, wine and soft drinks. A special present from Santa for children under 12.
- Boilerhouse Restaurant & Bar: 6 Course Degustation Menu. $205 per adult, $155 per child (9-12 years). Includes 3 hour dining and drinks (house beer, wine and soft drinks).
- Address: 1 North Head Scenic Drive, Manly
- Phone: (02) 9466 1500
- Visit Q Station.
North Sydney Leagues club (NORTHS) is a modern, vibrant, family friendly club. Enjoy a traditional Christmas Day Buffet lunch or dinner at NORTHS. Adults $99, and children $30 (under 12). Bookings essential.
- Address: 12 Abbott St, Cammeray
- Phone: (02) 9245 3000
- Visit NORTHS
Via Alta, Willoughby
Take the stress out of Christmas Day by booking a table at the lively neighbourhood trattoria, Vila Alta. They’re doing a four-course Italian set menu. $125 per adult, kids three-course menu $45.
- Address: 197 High Street, Willoughby
- Phone: (02) 9958 1110
- Visit Via Alta.
Celebrate Christmas and feast in stress-free style with the family. Gourmet seafood, a visit by Santa and a decadent dessert feast. Members $109.50, non members $115.50 and children $49 (under 2 years FREE).
- Address: 45 – 47 Rawson St, Epping
- Phone: (02) 9876 4357
- Visit Epping Club.
The Ranch, North Ryde
Sit back, relax and enjoy a delicious seafood buffet with a special visit from Santa. Christmas is stressful enough without the hassle of entertaining; so dust off your Santa hat and let The Ranch bring you the best present of all – no cooking or cleaning. Plus, there’s a playground there too!
Adults $90, Children $35 (12 and under) and Seniors $65, Children under 3 free.
- Address: Cnr Epping & Herring Rd, North Ryde
- Phone: (02) 9887 2411
- Visit The Ranch.
Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific
The Grand Ballroom at Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific is an excellent option for families. They’re offering live food stations including fresh seafood, Christmas carvery, asian street food, a special kid’s station, kids entertainment, plus a special visit from Santa delivering gifts for all children under the age of 12. Adults $190 (Accor+ members $180), child (5-12) $80, 4 years and under free. Plus a Christmas gift for all kids under 12.
- Zali’s Restaurant: 12.30-3.30pm: Adults only lunch with the ultimate seafood buffet and Christmas carvery plus premium beer, wine & soft drinks. Adults $210 (Accor+ members $200)
- Zali’s Restaurant Christmas evening dinner: 6pm, Seafood buffet and Christmas carvery, soft drink, juice & mineral water. Plus a Christmas gift for all kids under 12. Adults $155 (Accor+ members $145), Children (5-12) $60, kids 4 years and under Free.
- Address: 55 North Steyne, Manly
- Phone: (02) 9977 7666
- Visit Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific.