Whether you’re looking to organise a child-free catch up with the girls or want celebrate a big occasion, high tea makes for a decadent and memorable experience. To help you decide where to indulge, we’ve rounded up our top places for high tea on Sydney’s North Shore. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon surrounded by good food, good drinks and good company – and in some cases, an amazing view for you to soak it all up with.
There are so many great excuses to book high tea on the North Shore – a baby shower, a milestone birthday, a Hen’s day or just an excuse to have a lovely afternoon out with your girlfriends!
High tea on the North Shore:
- Gunners Barracks, Mosman
- Burnt Orange, Mosman
- Sugar’n Spice, Chatswood Chase
- Hornsby RSL
- Ferris Wheel High Tea, Luna Park – closed for renovations until mid 2021
- Boronia Tea Room, Mosman – temporarily closed due to Covid-19
1. Gunners Barracks, Mosman
With the sparkling Sydney Harbour as its backdrop, Gunners Barracks is undoubtedly one of the most picturesque locations to enjoy a high tea on Sydney’s North Shore. You can soak up the incredible views with a delicious assortment of cakes, scones, sandwiches and savoury pastries served on tiered silver stands.
Treat yourself to Asia Pacific’s largest selection of Ronnefeldt teas, and mix it up with some of the other refreshing beverages on offer. You can choose from a Sparkling High Tea, served with a glass of Australian Sparkling, a Cocktail High Tea, served with your choice of cocktail, or take things up a notch with their Champagne High Tea, served with a piccolo of French champagne.
Gunners Barracks also offers a Children’s High Tea option, making it the perfect day out on weekends and holidays.
- Address: End of Suakin Drive, Georges Heights, Mosman
- Phone: (02) 8962 5900
- Available: From 10am weekdays and weekends. Call to book, as they often have private functions on the weekend.
- Traditional High Tea $60
- Sparkling High Tea $65
- Cocktail High Tea $75
- Champagne High Tea $85
- Children’s High Tea $40
- Website: gunnersbarracks.com.au
2. Burnt Orange, Mosman
Another amazing Mosman location on Sydney’s North Shore, Burnt Orange has a elegant yet casual vibe, whilst offering some amazing views of Sydney Harbour as you enjoy a delicious high tea. Sit back, relax and unwind on their wrap-around verandah that makes sure those views don’t get missed. Originally built in the 1920s, this stunning high tea spot is also rich in history and culture.
Their high tea is served on Avoca crockery and includes some familiar staples, such as finger sandwiches and freshly baked scones, along with their signature tart with blood orange curd and some other tantalising treats. Wash it down with a tea or coffee, or a glass of bubbles if you fancy!
Let’s not forget their delightful kid’s menu, with sprinkles galore, gingerbread topped sandwiches, and other delicious treats. Perfect option for a special day out, or even a kid’s birthday party.
- Address: 1109 Middle Head Road, Mosman
- Phone: (02) 9969 1120
- Available: Weekdays from 12pm and weekends at 3.30pm. A 50% deposit is required to secure the booking.
- Traditional High Tea $55
- Sparking High Tea $65
- Children’s High Tea $40
- Website: burntorange.com.au
3. Sugar’n Spice
There’s no time like tea time! At Sugar ‘n Spice at Chatswood Chase, Alice and friends would like to invite you to enjoy the best dining experience ever! Their whimsical interior (based on a modern take of a scene in ‘Alice in Wonderland’) is sure to transport you into a fantasy world where “food is made fun”. This is a magical spot for high tea on the North Shore… especially if you have little ones!
Adult High Tea: 2 freshly baked scones of choice with home-made jam and clotted cream. Two handmade cakes per person. One handmade filled chocolate sculpture per person. Two flavours of ribbon sandwiches per person. Three flavours of canape per person. 1 large pot of tea from our T2 selection OR 2 small pots with flavour of choice.
Kids High Tea: Ribbon sandwich, banana and Nutella roll-up topped with M&M’s, fresh strawberries with Belgian chocolate for dipping, a pig cupcake, churro bites with Nutella dipping sauce and a choice of kid’s milkshake, iced tea or juice.
- Address: Ground Floor, G-056, Chatswood Chase
- Phone: (02) 9419 2217
- Price: Adults $99 for two | Kids $23
- Website: sugarnspice.com.au
4. Hornsby RSL Club
On the upper north shore, Hornsby RSL does an amazing high tea! Level One Lounge (which has a funky bar-like vibe), serves high tea on Sunday afternoons and offers assorted sandwiches, petit fours, mini quiches and freshly baked scones with preserves and cream. If you’re looking for the best value high tea, this is where you will find it.
Choose from four different options:
- Standard ($41)– this comes with tea only
- Bubbly ($48) – comes with a glass of Seppelt Fleur De Lys
- Cocktail ($54)– includes an exclusive or class cocktail
- French ($63) – with a glass of Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label Brut
- Kids (28) – choose from a special kids menu
- Address: Level One Lounge, 4 High Street, Hornsby
- Phone: (02) 9477 7777
- Available: First Sunday of the month from 1pm
- Price: Standard $34, Bubbly $41, Cocktail $44, French $52
- Website: hornsbyrsl.com.au
5. Boronia Tea Room, Mosman
Update: Temporarily closed due to Covid-19. Check website for latest situation.
- Address: Boronia House, 624 Military Rd, Mosman
- Phone: (02) 9188 5021
- Website: mosmancatering.com