Looking for a large, indoor space with coffee and snacks to host your next Mother’s Group catch up? With bubs and toddlers, you’ll be looking for a spot that has space for prams and also perhaps an area for older siblings to play. The good news, is that there are lots of options around Sydney’s North Shore! Just be sure to call ahead if you have a big group.
Use these quicklinks to navigate your way through the best indoor venues for Mothers’ Group on the North Shore:
- Kirribilli Club, Lavender Bay
- The Union Hotel, North Sydney
- The Greens, North Sydney
- The Oaks, Neutral Bay
- Kurtosh, Crows Nest
- Wild Sage, Cammeray
- Eat n Chill Wholefoods Cafe, Naremburn
- Great Northern Hotel, Chatswood
- The Incinerator, Willoughby
- Sugar n Spice, Chatswood Chase
- Dragon Fly Cafe, Ryde
- The Ranch Hotel, Marsfield
- Deli in the Park, Lindfield
- The Sawmill, West Pymble
- Papa’s Pizza & Pasta, St Ives
- Piemonte, Terry Hills
- Belrose Hotel, Belrose
- Hotel Pennant Hills
- PCYC Hornsby
- 20. Jamaica Blue, Hornsby
- Sourdough Bakery, Hornsby
- The Ladybird Cafe, Mt Colah
- Berowra Village Tavern
1. Kirribilli Club, Lavender Bay
If you’re looking for somewhere outdoors with a view, this is the perfect place. You can sit back with the babies, and not have to worry about making too much noise – you are outdoors after all. Plus, the views are enough to boost your mood no matter how much sleep you got the night before.
- Address: 11 Harbour View Crescent, Lavender Bay
- Phone: (02) 9955 2245
- Website: kirribilliclub.com.au
2. The Union Hotel, North Sydney
If it’s space your after, then this place is it. You can easily weave all the prams and strollers in and set them up around a table, with plenty of space lot over to sit down and enjoy some conversation with friends. Plus, it’s a busy bistro area, so you don’t have to worry about the kids being too noisy – they will fit right in!
- Address: 271 Pacific Hwy, North Sydney
- Phone: (02) 9955 5844
- Website: unionhotel.com.au
3. The Greens, North Sydney
Whether you have little kids or big kids, The Greens makes the best venue for catch ups. There is so much room, so you don’t have to worry about bulky prams and strollers. Plus, with so much outdoor space, the big kids can run around, while little ones can fuss without being noticed. You can even enjoy a game of bowls if it takes your fancy!
- Address: St Leonards Park, Ridge Street, North Sydney
- Phone: (02) 9245 3000
- Website: thegreensnorthsydney.com.au
4. The Oaks, Neutral Bay
Conveniently located in the heart of Neutral Bay, the place is easy to get to, with so much space to sit back and chat. There’s a gorgeous tree in the courtyard that adds to atmosphere, with lots of space to wheel in those prams, nappy bags and all. Plus, they have a delicious menu to choose from.
- Address: 118 Military Road, Neutral Bay
- Phone: (02) 9953 5515
- Website: oakshotel.com.au
5. Kurtosh, Crows Nest
If you’re a pastry lover then you won’t be able to keep yourself away from this place. You can enjoy pastries, cakes and loaves over a well-deserved cup of coffee to get those energy levels right back up again. You can sit indoors and outdoors and even join a few tables together for a bigger group.
- Address: 110 – 112 Willoughby Road, Crows Nest
- Phone: (02) 9439 4563
- Website: kurtosh.com.au
6. Wild Sage, Cammeray
If you’re a fan of places where you can grab a bite to eat that is Instagram-worthy, then this is your spot. From delicious meals, to superb coffee, once you plant yourself you won’t want to leave. It lends itself to long catch ups with mothers’ group while indulging on all the delicious treats. There’s plenty of indoor and outdoor seating options as well.
- Address: Stocklands Mall, Corner Miller & Amherst Streets, Cammeray
- Phone: (02) 9929 8455
- Website: wildsage.com.au
7. Eat n Chill Wholefoods Cafe, Naremburn
Recently rebranded from Sprout Wholefoods Cafe to Eat n Chill, this place has the most incredible menu of nutritious and delicious meals, catering for gluten free, vegetarian, raw, paleo and dairy free diets. There’s even an outdoor area out the back with a cubby for the bigger kids to run around with.
- Address: 272-274 Willoughby Road, Naremburn
- Phone: (02) 8094 8101
- Website: facebook.com/EatNChillWholeFoodCafe
8. Great Northern Hotel, Chatswood
A local landmark in Chatswood, this place is conveniently located with multiple dining areas for you to sit back and chat in. There is plenty of indoor and outdoor space, with room for prams and strollers. You can also enjoy a range of tasty meals.
- Address: 522 Pacific Highway, Chatswood
- Phone: (02) 9419 4555
- Website: greatnorthernhotel.com.au
9. The Incinerator, Willoughby
This is a fabulous venue in Willoughby with a range of delicious, Instagram-worthy meals to choose from. They believe in using fresh and sustainable produce, letting premium ingredients drive each dish’s rich flavour. There’s outdoor seating, and right next to Hallstrom Park for a play afterwards.
- Address: 2 Small Street, Willoughby
- Phone: (02) 8188 2220
- Website: theincinerator.com.au
10. Sugar ‘n Spice, Chatswood Chase
Whether you are looking for something nice and sweet, or a wholesome breakfast meal to see you through the day, this cafe is worth a visit. Pull up a pram and dig in while you chat about all things baby.
- Address: G-056 Chatswood Chase, Chatswood
- Phone: (02) 9958 0747
- Website: sugarnspice.com.au
11. Dragonfly Cafe @ Eden Gardens, Ryde
Choose to sit inside or outside by the lovely plants. Afterwards you can have a stroll around the gardens, pick up some stylish homewares or visit the nature playground. This is the perfect place to sit down for a chat, before taking a wander an enjoying the great outdoors.
- Address: Eden Gardens, 301/307 Lane Cove Road, North Ryde
- Phone: (02) 9491 9900
- Website: edengardens.com.au
12. The Ranch Hotel, Marsfield
This place has so much space for prams and all the baby paraphernalia in general, with a big outdoor play area for any of the older kids. It’s a nice and casual option for a mothers’ group catch up. Click here to read our review.
If you can leave the bubs at home with Dad, it’s also a great spot for a night out with the girls!
- Address: 108 Herring Rd, Marsfield
- Phone: (02) 9887 2411
- Website: theranch.com.au
13. Deli in the Park, East Lindfield
This lovely cafe is next to a lovely park with playground about 20 metres away, which so handy if you have an older child who needs to run around too! If you are looking for a bit of fresh air and the chance to get out and about with the bubs, this space is the perfect way to soak up some of that much-needed vitamin D.
- Address: 15 Hughes Place, East Lindfield
- Phone: (02) 9415-6556
- Website: deliinthepark.com.au
14. The Sawmill, West Pymble
The Sawmill is the perfect place to sit outside and chat on a nice, sunny day. There is room for up to eight mums and bubs, prams and all, but it is always a good idea to call ahead and book a space just to make sure. It makes an ideal venues for Mothers’ Group. If you’re looking for a nearby playground, Bicentennial Park is just a few minutes drive.
15. Papa’s Pizza and Pasta, St Ives
Who doesn’t love pizza? This particular pizza shop opens in the morning and has a full brunch menu that will have your mouth watering. They have a really spacious interior, with plenty of room for prams and strollers and are very centrally located in the heart of St.Ives.
- Address: Shop 17, 166 Mona Vale Road, St Ives Shopping Village, St Ives
- Phone: (02) 9988 3200
- Website: papaspizza.com.au
16. Piemonte Cafe, Terrey Hills
This family-run restaurant is the perfect venue for a mothers’ group catch up. They offer delicious, Modern Australian cuisine, with a big kid’s playground that the older kids will just love.
- Address: 287 Mona Vale Road, Terrey Hills
- Phone: (02) 9486 3677
- Website: piemonte.com.au
17. Belrose Hotel, Belrose
Boasting the largest indoor play centre in any bar in Australia, this venue will see you through from babies to 10 year olds! The coffee is great and the menu is extensive. A great option for a rainy or windy day, it’s a great venues for Mothers’ Group.
- Address: 5 Hews Parade, Belrose
- Phone: (02) 9451 8585
- Website: belrosehotel.com.au
18. Hotel Pennant Hills
This is another great, relaxed venue to host your next mums’ catch up. There is plenty of food options to choose from, lots of space for prams and the like, as well as an awesome play area for the bigger kids to let off some steam.
- Address: 352 Pennant Hills Road, Pennant Hills
- Phone: (02) 9484 2266
- Website: hotelpennanthills.com.au
19. PCYC Hornsby
Recently built, this is a fabulous place for a catch up. In fact, they now hold the Hornsby mothers’ group program at the Early Childhood Health Centre here as there is so much space. You can choose from inside or outside tables, bigger kids can enjoy the soft play area, or you can walk down to the new Waitara Playground at the end of the oval. If you are looking for a bit of exercise, you can even take the prams on laps around the oval.
- Address: 1 Park Lane, Waitara
- Phone: (02) 8998 5400
- Website: pcycnsw.org.au/hornsby-ku-ring-gai
20. Jamaica Blue, Hornsby
Jamaica Blue at Westfield Hornsby is a great option on a cold, rainy, windy or super hot day. If you can snag a table around the outside of the cafe, there’s room to leave your prams without disturbing other shoppers. Once you’ve had your caffeine fix and catch up, you can hit the shops too!
- Address: Level 2, Westfield Hornsby (near Myer)
- Phone: (02) 9476 6685
- Website: westfield.com.au/hornsby
21. Sourdough Bakery, Hornsby
Another great option at Hornsby Westfield, Sourdough has a great outside area off the the side that is just perfect for a mothers’ group gathering. Older kids can run around and have a play, and prams can be parked against the wall and out of the way. Plus, have you seen their amazing milkshake menu?
- Address: 236 Pacific Hwy, Hornsby NSW 2077
- Phone: (02) 9476 3522
- Website: www.facebook.com/Hornsbysourdough
22. The Ladybird Cafe @ The Plant Bug, Mount Colah
A nursery trip and cafe stop all in one, this place is the perfect change of scenery, out in the open, for you to relax and catch up with friends. Enjoy some coffee and cake, with a walk around the plants afterwards. It’s the perfect venues for Mothers’ Group.
- Address: Four Seasons Plant Bug Garden Centre, 525 Pacific Highway, Mt Colah
- Phone: (02) 9477 1222
- Website: fourseasonsnursery.com.au
23. Berowra Village Tavern, Berowra Heights
There’s lots of room to spread out at Berowra Village Tavern. Sit outside on a sunny day, there’s even a small playground for older kiddies. Or there’s plenty of room inside for prams too. There are so many delicious things to choose from on the menu, you could stay all day.
- Address: 1 Turner Road, Berowra Heights
- Phone: (02) 9456 2193
- Website: berowravillagetavern.com