If you love belting out some Christmas tunes & being surrounded by the festive mood, then visiting one of the many carol concerts happening around the North Shore is probably a cherished tradition. Pack those picnics, roll up your picnic blanket and head along for a night of festive fun.
Do you have your singing voices ready? It’s time to check out some of these carol concerts happening around Sydney’s North Shore this Christmas:
Carols: Weekend of 24-26 November
- Sing Noel, Wahroonga
Carols: Weekend of 1-3 December
- Carols in Willoughby Park, Willoughby
- Mona Vale Christmas Carols, Mona Vale
- Pyrmont Christmas Concert, Pyrmont
- Surry Hills Christmas Concert, Surry Hills
- Christmas Carols at Manly Vale Public School
- Carols Under The Star, Berowra
- Carols by Candelight, Fagan Park, Galston
- Balmoral Carols, Mosman
- San Carols 2023, Wahroonga
- West Ryde Christmas Carols, West Ryde
- Christmas Choral Concert, Manly Oval
- LaVoce Community Choir Carols, Lane Cove
Carols: Weekend of 15-17 December
- Carols by the Beach, Dee Why
- Carols in the Domain, Sydney
- Taronga Zoo Christmas Concert, Mosman
- Carols by the Lake, Narrabeen
- Turramurra Community Carols
- Thornleigh Community Christmas Carols, Thornleigh
- Carols on the Common, North Ryde
Saturday 25 November
Sing Noel Christmas Carols 2023
Don’t miss the Sing Noel 2023 – Glorious Christmas Carols at the Wahroonga Seventh-day Adventist Church on Saturday 25 November from 7-9pm.
Experience the jubilant sounds of Christmas with magnificent orchestra and stirring voices. Sing Noel is back with a concert of classic carols, congregational singing, and spoken reflections. Capture the true meaning of the season in this beloved annual tradition for all ages! More info.
- When: Saturday 25 November, 7pm-9pm
- Where: Wahroonga Seventh-Day Adventist Church, 183 Fox Valley Road, Wahroonga
- Cost: Child (3-17 years): $15, Adult: $30, Family (up to 4): $80
Friday 1 December
Pyrmont Christmas Concert
It’s time to dust off your reindeer ears, put on your party shoes and kick off Christmas at this free Pyrmont Christmas Concert at Pirrama Park on Friday 1 December.
Join The Listies, Tiptoe Giants, Endeavour Harmony, The Beanies and The Baker Boys Band to sing and dance in the spirit of Sydney Christmas. Santa will also make a special guest appearance.
There’ll be craft activities, table tennis and giant Jenga and other games for the kids (and the kids at heart).
Pack your picnic rug and get in early for the best spots. There’ll be a community barbeque, food trucks and Gelato Messina available to buy or bring your own picnic. More info.
- When: Friday 1 December, 6pm-8pm
- Where: Pirrama Park, Pirrama Road, Pyrmont
Saturday 2 December
Carols in Willoughby Park
Bring your deck chairs and blankets and settle in for an evening of festive family fun at Carols in Willoughby Park on Saturday 2 December. Now in its 15th year, this free event will be a welcome community celebration during the lead-up to Christmas.
The fun starts at 4pm with loads of activities to get you in the Christmas mood. Entertain the kids with fairground rides and indulge in an extensive range of international food. Look out for our special guest, Santa, who will be making a personal appearance.
The stage will be filled with local entertainment and as the sun sets, get your voices ready for a spectacular carol sing-along extravaganza from 6:30pm. The Willoughby Band and Willoughby Symphony Choir will get you into the Christmas spirit with traditional carols and some funky favourites. More info.
- When: Saturday 2 December, from 4pm
Surry Hills Christmas Concert
It’s time to dust off your reindeer ears, put on your party shoes and kick off Christmas at our free, family-friendly Christmas concert. The Surry Hills Christmas Concert is being held on Saturday 2 December from 6-8pm.
Join The Listies, Tiptoe Giants, The Octanauts Christmas Show, Justine Clarke and Lah Lah’s Big Live Band to sing and dance in the spirit of Sydney Christmas. Santa will also make a special guest appearance.
There’ll be craft activities, table tennis and giant Jenga and other games for the kids (and kids at heart). Pack your picnic rug and get in early for the best spots. There will be food trucks and Gelato Messina or bring your own picnic. More info.
- When: Saturday 2 December, 6pm-8pm
- Where: Prince Alfred Park, Chalmers Street, Surry Hills
Christmas Carols at Manly Vale Public School
Join for Christmas Carols at Manly Vale Public School on Saturday 2 December 2023 from 5-8.30pm.
• Free Sausage Sizzle
• School Bands & Choir Performances
• Face Painting
• Jumping Castle
• Freestyle Football Skills Demonstration by Ben Kelly
• Nativity Photo Booth & more family fun!
Everyone is welcome! More info!
- When: Saturday 2 December, from 5pm
- Where: Manly Vale Public School, Sunshine Street, Manly Vale
Monday 4 December
Mona Vale Christmas Carols
Don’t miss the Mona Vale Christmas Carols at Mona Vale Library on Monday 4 December. Drop in and listen to the Mona Vale Public School Choir sing some popular Christmas carols and share the festive spirit.
- When: Monday 4 December, 11am-12pm
- Where: Mona Vale Library, Park Street, Mona Vale
Thursday 7 December
Carols Under the Star, Berowra Heights
The Combined Churches of Berowra are joining to together to present another exciting night of carols. Pr-eshow activities begin at 5.30 with market stalls, photo booth, food and kids activities. The main event – the carols – begin at 7pm. The event will be raising funds for the Berowra Rural Fire Brigade.
Pack and picnic and join us down at Warrina St Oval, Berowra to celebrate Christmas. More info.
- When: Thursday 7 December, 5.30pm. Carols at 7pm.
- Where: Warrina Street Oval, Berowra
LaVoce Community Choir Carols
Don’t miss the LaVoce Community Choir Carols at Lane Cove Library on Thursday 7 December from 6:30-7:30pm.
Enjoy a free Christmas performance from LaVoce – a community choir who sing for fun and good health. This is a free event, but bookings essential.
- When: Thursday 7 December,6.30pm-7.30pm.
- Where: Lane Cove Library, Lane Cove
Christmas Choral Concert 2023
Head to the Christmas Choral Concert 2023 at Manly Oval on Thursday 7 December to ignite your festive season spirits!
Enjoy your favourite Christmas carols performed by the Northern Beaches Orchestra, our Community Christmas Choir and local artists who will have you singing together all night long. There will be face painting and even a visit from Santa himself!
This is a free event. Gates will open at 5pm with the concert commencing at 6.30pm.
Bring your picnic blanket and feast, or choose to order from our delicious food vendors operating from 5pm to 8.30pm. More info.
- When: Thursday 7 December, 5pm-8.30pm.
- Where: Manly Oval, Belgrave Street, Manly
Saturday 9 December
Carols by Candelight at Fagan Park
Don’t miss Carols by Candlelight at the beautiful Fagan Park on Saturday 9 December. This is the inaugural year of what promises to be a fun celebration of the festive season.
Come and watch local school performing, dance schools, singers, food trucks and so much more. Bring the family, pack a picnic blanket and enjoy a family fun community event. More info.
- When: Saturday 9 December, 4pm-8pm
- Where: Fagan Park, Arcadia Road, Galston
Balmoral Carols, Mosman
Mosman Village Church is proud to bring their Community Choir to Balmoral Beach and rejoice in the music of Christmas on Saturday 9 December.
Bring a picnic blanket and food of choice to a patch of grass around the Rotunda, to be part of this year’s family-friendly event.
Join them from 5 pm for kids’ activities, including face painting, craft and a treasure hunt with your friends and family for this Community event. Carols will commence at 7pm. More info.
- When: Saturday 9 December, 5pm-8.30pm
- Where: Rotunda At Balmoral Beach, The Esplanade, Mosman
Christmas Carols in West Ryde
Come to Anzac Park in West Ryde on Saturday 9 December from 6-8pm for an evening of fun as the community gathers to enjoy the Christmas Season!
They have a fantastic lineup of talented local performers who will fill the air with beautiful Christmas carols, as well as fun for the whole family at the petting zoo, pony rides, free face painting and food vans plus so much more.
Bring your picnic blankets, chairs, and a sense of community as we come together to celebrate this joyous occasion. Indulge in delicious food and drinks available from local vendors, and don’t forget to keep an eye out for Santa’s special helpers who may make a special appearance!
- When: Saturday 9 December, 6-8pm
- Where: Anzac Park, Wattle Street, West Ryde
Sunday 10 December
San Carols 2023
Returning to the Village Green at Sydney Adventist Hospital, this years’ Sans Carols event will commence at 4pm with kids and family activities, food stalls and Santa photos, followed by their popular kids concert at 7pm.
The main event will this year feature musical theatre star Ashleigh Rubenach, Jarrod Draper, Meredith Cheng, Phil Davidson, The Promise and The Beanies. More info.
Friday 15 December
Christmas by the Beach, Dee Why
Join at James Meehan Reserve for their annual Christmas By The Beach to enjoy all your favourite traditional carols and a children’s Christmas show with fun entertainment for the whole family. Bring your own picnic, takeaway from one of Dee Why’s many restaurants or choose something delicious from a range of food vendors operating onsite from 4 – 7.30pm.
The event opens at 4pm with free face painting as well as free Santa photos which will be available for download after the event. The show starts at 5pm and is headlined by The Vegetable Plot, ARIA-nominated Australian Children’s band to keep the kids entertained. Aspara Gus, Sir Paul McCarrotney and Ru Barb will be serving up a funky-fresh soundtrack for the kids, families and foodies.
Following The Vegetable Plot they will have traditional Christmas carols brought to you by Northern Beaches Chorus and Northern Beaches Symphonic Wind Ensemble and even a visit from Santa himself. More info.
- When: Friday 15 December, from 4pm
- Where: James Meehan Reserve, Dee Why
Saturday 16 December
Taronga Zoo Christmas Concert
Set amongst the delightful surrounds of Taronga Zoo Sydney, this family friendly event on Saturday 16 December features an all-star line up of performers, singers, musicians and of course, Santa with special guest Mrs Claus!
Created specifically for Taronga Zoo, the Christmas Concert is the pinnacle of family friendly entertainment and is one not to miss! Bring the whole family and enjoy an amazing summer evening set against the iconic backdrop of Sydney Harbour.
A variety of food and beverage options will be available to purchase on the night or you can pack a picnic to enjoy with the family. More info.
- When: Saturday 16 December, 7pm – 8.30pm (Gates open 6pm).
- Location: Taronga Zoo, Sydney
- Tickets: $29 Adults | $24 Children (4-15 years) | Under 4 free
Carols by the Lake, North Narrabeen
Carols by the Lake in North Narrabeen has grown from humble beginnings to now being a fantastic community event on the Northern Beaches. Enjoy an evening of Christmas carols finishing off with fireworks over the lake!
‘Carols by the Lake’ is presented by Link Events, hosted by The Link Church, and is supported by Northern Beaches Council and Pittwater RSL.
- When: Saturday 16 December, 6pm for 7pm carols
- Where: Lakeside Park, North Narrabeen
Carols in the Domain
Billed as ‘Australia’s Biggest Christmas Party’, this year’s Carols promises a celebratory mood in keeping with its big birthday celebrations. It’s going to be full of great singalong moments, spectacular fireworks and plenty of surprises to help the nation get into the Christmas spirit.
Book a seat in the reserved seating section or there is a huge, free, non-ticketed, general admission area available called The Festive Lawn.
- When: Saturday 16 December, 7.30pm
- Location: The Domain, Sydney
- Tickets: From $79, or free seating on The Festive Lawn
Sunday 17 December
Turramurra Community Carols
Don’t miss the Turramurra Community Carols at Cameron Park in Turramurra on Sunday 17 December. There’s an exciting new line-up of activities for the young ones and families from 5:30pm before the carols start at 6:30 pm. More info.
- When: Sunday 17 December, 5:30pm for 6:30pm carols.
- Where: Cameron Park, Turramurra
Thornleigh Community Christmas Carols
Celebrate Christmas with the local community at Thornleigh’s favourite Carols in Headen Park on Sunday 17 December. The markets will be a perfect chance to get some last minute Christmas shopping done while supporting locals. This year, the markets will be supporting the work of Baptist World Aid, whose mission is to help Australians tackle the injustice of global poverty and act together in ending it. More info.
- When: Sunday 17 December, 5pm-9pm
- Where: Headen Park, 6 Sinclair Ave, Thornleigh
Carols on the Common, North Ryde
Carols on the Common is an authentic carols experience at Sydney’s second largest Christmas carols. It’s happening on Sunday 17 December 2023.
Kicking off at 5pm and running through the night is the Carols on the Common performance, featuring all your favourite classic carols with the best performers from all over Sydney. To close out the night, the whole family will be treated to an awe-inspiring firework display.
Come in early to experience their amusement activities and keep the kids entertained with the giant slide, or dodgem cars and dozens of other rides. Food vendors and a sausage sizzle will be serving throughout the night. Limited parking is available on-site with a gold coin donation. More info.
- When: Sunday 17 December, 5pm-9.30pm
- Where: North Ryde Common, Wicks Road, North Ryde
Want more Christmas inspiration?
- Santa photos! Where to get your Christmas pics around Sydney’s North Shore
- North Shore restaurants open for Christmas Day lunch
- Where to buy a real Christmas tree in Sydney
- Best Christmas Markets around Sydney’s North Shore
- Guide: Special Christmas Photo Shoots by North Shore photographers