Looking for a local pool around Sydney’s North Shore for a dip? Whether you’re looking to do some laps for exercise or a splash in the shallows with your toddler, there are plenty of fabulous Aquatic Centres to visit. To help you choose where to go, we’ve put together a list of the North Shore aquatic centres and a few further afield…
- North Sydney Olympic Pool
- Lane Cove Aquatic Leisure Centre
- Willoughby Leisure Centre
- Ku-ring-gai Fitness & Aquatic Centre, West Pymble
- Hornsby Aquatic & Leisure Centre
- Warringah Aquatic Centre
- Manly Andrew Boy Charlton Swim Centre
- Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre
- Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre, Homebush
Pools & Aquatic Centres on Sydney’s North Shore
1. North Sydney Olympic Pool
The Olympic Pool complex allows everyone to combine swimming with other leisure or fitness pursuits in the one spectacular location overlooking Sydney Harbour, next door to Luna Park and the Sydney Harbour Bridge. The complex features a 50m outdoor pool, 25m indoor pool, toddler pool, spa, sauna, cafe on site… and the best views in Sydney!
- Entry Fees: $7.50 per adult, $3.80 per child
- Phone: 9955 2309
- Address: 4 Alfred Street South, Milsons Point
- Website: North Sydney Council
2. Lane Cove Aquatic Leisure Centre
There are a number of facilities available in the aquatic area. Whether you are wanting to lap-swim for fitness, cool down on a hot day or bring the kids in for some fun, there is a pool suitable for your needs. There is a 25m heated indoor pool, 50m outdoor pool, heated indoor leisure pool ideal for family fun and recreation, warm water program pool, cafe and free timed parking.
- Entry Fees: $8 per adult, $7 per child, free for children under 5
- Phone: 9418 8888
- Address: 2 Little Street, Lane Cove
- Website: Lane Cove Aquatic Leisure Centre
3. Willoughby Leisure Centre
The Willoughby Leisure Centre features an eight lane, 25 metre indoor heated swimming pool that is never below 27 degrees. The pool is used for lap lane swimming, squads, aqua classes, swimming lessons as well as kid’s wet and wild activities including the giant inflatable obstacle course. The pool is wheel chair accessible. The pool hall also includes a 1.1 metre deep slide pool used for swimming lessons and recovery sessions, toddler pool ideal for small kids and babies and a turbo pool equipped with benches and air bubbles. Find out more from Emma’s review.
- Entry Fees: $7.70 per adult, $6.20 per child, $8.50 for inflatable entry
- Phone: 9958 5799
- Address: Small Street, Willoughby
- Website: Willoughby Leisure Centre
4. Ku-ring-gai Fitness & Aquatic Centre, West Pymble
Ku-ring-gai Fitness & Aquatic Centre in West Pymble features a 25m heated indoor pool, 50m outdoor pool, heated indoor leisure pool, indoor and outdoor shaded toddlers pool, fun water play splash deck, cafe and free parking!
- Entry Fees: $6 per adult, $4.50 per child
- Phone: 9499 2005
- Address: Prince of Wales Drive, West Pymble
- Website: YMCA NSW
5. Hornsby Aquatic & Leisure Centre
The Hornsby Aquatic & Leisure Centre, which opened in 2014, features three heated pools (two indoor pools and a 50m outdoor pool), play equipment for the kids, cafe, gym and a water slide.
- Entry Fees: $7 per adult, $5 per child
- Phone: 9847 6300
- Address: 203 Peats Ferry Road, Hornsby
- Website: Hornsby Shire Council
Pools & Aquatic Centres on Sydney’s Northern Beaches
6. Warringah Aquatic Centre
The Warringah Aquatic Centre features a 50 metre indoor Olympic pool that is heated to 27-28 degrees with an attached indoor diving pool. The outdoor area has a 25 metre lap pool and a toddler wading pool. They are both solar heated.y. There is also a playground, a barbecue, picnic tables and plenty of grassy open space for families.
- Entry Fees: $7 per adult, $5.20 per child
- Phone: 9451 8000
- Address: Aquatic Drive, Frenchs Forest
- Website: Warringah Council
7. Manly Andrew Boy Charlton Swim Centre
Manly Andrew Boy Charlton Aquatic Centre reopened in August 2016 after a major renovation. It features lots of facilities such as a 50 metre heated outdoor pool, 25 metre heated outdoor pool, shade covered baby and heated toddler pool, 25 metre indoor heated pool with ramp entry, a children’s Water Play and Leisure Pool, spa, steam and sauna room, a Wellness Centre with state of the art fitness equipment (cardio, pin loaded and free weights), crèche, cafe and locker hire.
- Entry Fees: $8 per adult, $6 per child, Under 4 free
- Phone: 9976 1495
- Address: 1 Kenneth Road, Manly
- Website: manlyaquatic.com.au
Pools & Aquatic Centres on Sydney’s Northern Suburbs
8. Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre
The Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre features a 50m indoor Olympic pool, 25m indoor pool, 40m wave pool, children’s wading pool, Bubble whirl pools, Rapid River and 56m giant water slide.
- Entry Fees: $7.80 per adult, $6 per child
- Phone: 8878 5111
- Address: 504 Victoria Road, Ryde
- Website: City of Ryde
9. Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre
Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre is indoor and heated to a comfortable 26 degrees all year round. The Aquatic Centre’s water wonderland includes five spas, sauna and steam room, river rapid ride, spray jets, spurting volcanos, water slide and bubble beach, surrounded by lush palm trees and colourful mosaics plus a huge indoor water playground.
- Entry Fees: $7.50 per adult, $6 per child
- Phone: 9714 7500
- Address: Olympic Boulevard, Sydney Olympic Park
- Website: Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre