With the warm weather here, you might be looking for a local pool around Sydney’s North Shore for a swim or splash. Whether you’re looking to do some laps for exercise or a splash in the shallows with your toddler, there are plenty of fabulous Aquatic Centres with outdoor areas to visit. To help you choose where to go, we’ve put together a list of the North Shore outdoor pools & aquatic centres.
Whether you’re on the hunt for an outdoor splash during Summer, or an indoor pool to see you through the cooler months, we have plenty of options right here on the North Shore! Use the quicklinks below and plan your trip.
- Ku-ring-gai Fitness & Aquatic Centre, West Pymble
- Hornsby Aquatic & Leisure Centre
- Lane Cove Aquatic Leisure Centre
- Manly Andrew Boy Charlton Swim Centre
- North Sydney Olympic Pool
- Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre
- Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre
- Warringah Aquatic Centre
- Willoughby Leisure Centre
Pools & Aquatic Centres on Sydney’s North Shore
1. Willoughby Leisure Centre
The Willoughby Leisure Centre features an eight-lane, 25-metre indoor heated swimming pool that is never below 28 degrees. The pool is used for lap lane swimming, squads, aqua classes, swimming lessons as well as kid’s wet and wild activities including the giant inflatable obstacle course. The pool is wheelchair accessible. The pool hall also includes a 1.1 metre deep slide pool used for swimming lessons and recovery sessions, toddler pool ideal for small kids and babies and a turbo pool equipped with benches and air bubbles. Find out more from Emma’s review.
- Phone: 9958 5799
- Address: 2 Small Street, Willoughby
- Website: Willoughby Leisure Centre
2. Lane Cove Aquatic Leisure Centre
There are a number of facilities available in the aquatic area. Whether you are wanting to lap-swim for fitness, cool down on a hot day or bring the kids in for some fun, there is a pool suitable for your needs. There is a 25m heated indoor pool, 50m outdoor pool, heated indoor leisure pool ideal for family fun and recreation, warm water program pool, cafe and free timed parking.
- Phone: 9418 8888
- Address: 2 Little Street, Lane Cove
- Website: Lane Cove Aquatic Leisure Centre
3. Ku-ring-gai Fitness & Aquatic Centre, West Pymble
Ku-ring-gai Fitness & Aquatic Centre in West Pymble features a 25m heated indoor pool, 50m outdoor pool, heated indoor leisure pool, indoor and outdoor shaded toddlers pool, fun water play splash deck, cafe and free parking!
- Phone: 9499 2005
- Address: Prince of Wales Drive, West Pymble
- Website: YMCA NSW
4. Hornsby Aquatic & Leisure Centre
The Hornsby Aquatic and Leisure Centre (Hornsby Pool) is a state-of-the-art facility with a heated eight-lane, 50-metre outdoor pool for lap swimming and water polo and a heated, ten-metre by 25-metre indoor pool for learn-to-swim activities. There’s also a heated leisure pool that kids can walk into, with plenty of fun water features, including an enclosed water slide.
- Phone: 9847 6300
- Address: 203 Peats Ferry Road, Hornsby
- Website: Hornsby Shire Council
5. Warringah Aquatic Centre
The Warringah Aquatic Centre has a 25 metre lap pool and a toddler wading pool. There is also a playground, barbecue, picnic tables and plenty of grassy open space for families.
- Phone: 9451 8000
- Address: Aquatic Drive, Frenchs Forest
- Website: Warringah Council
6. Manly Andrew Boy Charlton Swim Centre
The aquatic centre features lots of facilities such as a 50 metre heated outdoor pool, 25-metre heated outdoor pool, shade covered baby and heated toddler pool, 25-metre indoor heated pool with ramp entry, a children’s Water Play and Leisure Pool, spa, steam and sauna room, a Wellness Centre with state of the art fitness equipment, crèche, cafe and locker hire.
- Phone: 9976 1495
- Address: 1 Kenneth Road, Manly
- Website: manlyaquatic.com.au
7. North Sydney Olympic Pool
North Sydney Olympic Pool closed in February 2021 for a two-year redevelopment and will reopen once work is complete.
- Phone: 9955 2309
- Address: 4 Alfred Street South, Milsons Point
- Website: Read more about the project.
Pools & Aquatic Centres further afield
Looking for pools & aquatic centres just beyond Sydney’s North Shore? Here are a few more options that are well-worth the drive.
8. Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre
The Ryde Aquatic Leisure Centre features a 50m indoor Olympic pool, 25m indoor pool, 40m wave pool, children’s wading pool, Bubble whirl pools, Rapid River and 56m giant water slide.
- Phone: 8878 5111
- Address: 504 Victoria Road, Ryde
- Website: City of Ryde
9. Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre
Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre is indoor and heated to a comfortable 26 degrees all year round. The Aquatic Centre’s water wonderland includes five spas, sauna and steam room, river rapid ride, spray jets, spurting volcanos, water slide and bubble beach, surrounded by lush palm trees and colourful mosaics plus a huge indoor water playground.
Note: The competition pool is open however, all other pools remain closed until early February 2022 due to the Major Capital Works happening at the Aquatic Centre.
- Phone: 9714 7500
- Address: Olympic Boulevard, Sydney Olympic Park
- Website: Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre