If a plastic fantastic tree isn’t quite what you’re after this Christmas, get yourself a real Christmas tree this year. The fresh pine fragrance is sure to enhance the Christmas ambience at home! Here’s where you can buy a beautiful Christmas tree near the North Shore.
Christmas Tree Farms
Dural Christmas Tree Farm
Dural Christmas Tree Farm is Sydney’s largest fresh Christmas tree farm and has been established since 200. Go to the farm, choose your tree and then sit back as you await delivery. They have real reindeers and other farm animals, and Santa often drops in over the weekends. There’s a jumping castle, sausage size, ice-creams and cold drinks to keep the whole family happy!
If you’re unable to visit the farm before Christmas, you can buy your tree online and have your real Christmas tree delivered to your door.
- Where: Dural Christmas Tree Farm, 879 Old Northern Road, Dural (opposite Hargraves Nursery)
- When: The farm will be open for tagging from 9am Saturday 16 November – Tuesday 19 November 2019.
- Cost: $88 – $168+ according to size, stands and delivery is extra.
- Dural Christmas Tree Farm
Watch one family get their tree delivered and decorated!
“We decided to get a Christmas tree this year since Waverley is old enough to enjoy it. A great little farm outside of town (Dural Christmas Tree Farm) delivers and installs them hassle free. After Dan got home from work we decorated it and Wave had so much fun pulling ornaments from boxes and handing them to us, although we couldn’t wrestle the beaded garland away from her. You haven’t smelled Christmas until you’ve had a pine tree indoors in the summer! It has instantly made things more Christmassy, which is good since we won’t be going away this year as I am obviously too pregnant – 6 weeks to go! From our home to yours, wherever you may be, Merry Christmas!” – Tasmin Brown
Karl’s Christmas Trees
For 30 years, Karl’s Christmas Trees have offered fresh, locally grown and hand shaped Christmas trees.
The farm is run by Karl and Marianne, who moved to Glenorie in 1984, and began farming Christmas Trees a year or so after that. They pride themselves on only selling fresh trees, and not importing pre-cut trees. They have always used only collected water and limited use of pesticides, and are very happy to help you.
- Cost: $110 (many 8+ foot high)
- Where: 1329 Old Northern Road, Glenorie
- When: Saturday 30 November. Weekends 09:30m-6pm | Weekdays 10am-5:30pm
- Karl’s Christmas Trees
Sydney Christmas Tree Farm, Duffys Forest
The Sydney Christmas Tree Farm is located in Duffys Forest (5km out from Terrey Hills off Mona Vale Road). Choose your own fresh tree from the farm, which are grown and pruned for the Christmas tree market.
- Where: 6 Namba Road, Duffys Forest
- When: Friday 29 November at 4.30pm. Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays, 4.30-6pm | Saturday & Sunday, 9am-5pm.
- Cost: $80 (5-foot) – $165 (8-foot)
- Sydney Christmas Tree Farm
Christmas World, Terrey Hills
Cnr Mona Vale Rd and Forestway, Terrey Hills (at Forestway Fresh Fruit Market)
Christmas World was the first to introduce the perfectly shaped fresh-cut USA style to the Sydney market more than 20 years ago. Christmas World guarantees your tree will be fresh and radiant for 4-6 weeks if you follow the instructions provided. Each one is as unique as you and your family.
- Cost: From $80
- When: Available throughout December. Open 7 days from 9am to 6pm.
- Christmas World
Christmas Tree Man, Wingello
Order online from The Christmas Tree Man and have your tree delivered straight to your door! The Christmas Tree Man trees have fullness and freshness, along with a beautiful fragrance. The tree species used are Pinus Radiata Christmas Tree variety.
As well as free delivery, customers have the option of installation of the tree into the stand (additional cost) as well as a tree pickup service in early January.
- Cost: $145 (6ft tree) – $225 (8ft tree), including delivery
- Christmas Tree Man
Willy’s Christmas Tree Farm, Vineyard
Cut your own genuine Christmas tree at Willy’s Christmas Tree Farm. There are 30 different sizes and shapes to choose from. Bring the kids and wander through the farm until you find the perfect tree. Or choose one of the pre-cut trees.
Home to fresh, beautifully shaped, radiata pine Christmas Trees, Willy’s farm is the ultimate destination to bring the whole family to create Christmas Memories and Traditions.
- Where: 281 Windsor Rd, Vineyard
- When: Open from Saturday 23 November 2019. Open 7 days a week from 9am to 6pm
- Cost: $90 for a 6-foot tree (1.8m) – $120 for 8-foot tree (2.4m)
- Willy’s Christmas Tree Farm
Merlino’s Christmas Trees
Merlino’s Christmas Trees is a family owned and run business, growing, supplying and selling real Christmas trees to Sydney for over 50 years. They sell shaped freshly cut Christmas trees and live potted christmas trees direct to the public from their warehouse in Five Dock. Christmas Trees are available in a variety of sizes.
- Where: 260 Great North Road, Wareemba (near Five Dock)
- When: The store will be open from Wednesday 27 November from 9am to 6pm, 7 days a week (while stock is available).
- Cost: $70 (5ft) – $250 (9ft). Free delivery within a 2km radius of Five Dock, or pick-up is available 7 days a week during business hours.
- Merlino’s Christmas Tree
The wonderful thing about buying a Christmas Tree from Scouts or Apex, is that all the profits go right back into the community, or an important charity. So scroll on to find one near you!
1st North Sydney Scouts
- Where: North Sydney Demonstration School, Bay Road entrance to the school
- When: Saturday 7 & 14 December
- Cost: $70 for a small tree and up to $150 for a Monster Tree. Go to North Sydney Scouts website for more information.
1st Northbridge Sea Scouts
- Where: 347 Sailors Bay Rd, Northbridge
- When: Friday 6 & 13 December – 2:30pm to 7:00pm, Saturday 7 & 14 December – 8:30pm to 4:00pm (unless sold out earlier)
- Cost: $60 for a 6ft tree. Go to Northbridge Sea Scouts website for more information.
Lane Cove Scouts
- Where: Bunnings Artarmon
- When: Saturday 7 & 14 December
- Cost: $70 for a 5ft tree. Go to Lane Cove Scouts website for more information.
- Where: Chatswood Brake and Clutch, 113 Fullers Road (corner Millwood Avenue)
- When: Saturday 14 (6am-3pm) & Sunday 15 December from (6am-1pm). Go to Chatswood Scouts website for more information.
1st Sailors Bay Sea Scouts
- Castlecrag – Scout Hall @ 43 Eastern Valley Way, Castlecrag. Fri 6 Dec: 3pm-6pm | Sat 7 Dec: 8am-4pm | Sun 8 Dec: 8am-2pm
- Artarmon – Artarmon Public School, McMillan Road Artarmon. Saturday 7 Dec: 8am-4pm
- Seaforth – Seaforth Oval, off Wakehurst Parkway. Saturday 7 Dec: 8am-4pm
- Bunnings Chatswood – Smith Street, Chatswood. Saturday 14 Dec: 8am-4pm
1st Kissing Point Rover Crew
- Where: South Turramurra Shops, South Turramurra
- When: Saturday 14 December, 7am-1pm.
Mt Colah / Mt Kuring-gai Scouts
- Where: Hunt Reserve, Pacific Hwy, Mt Colah
- When: Saturday 7 December from 8am to 3pm at
- Cost: From $50. Home delivery service available for surrounding suburbs from $10. More information
Fancy more festive fun? Then take a look at our dedicated Christmas Corner for Santa locations, streets with incredible Christmas lights, carols, pantomimes, real trees, elf on the shelf, Christmas markets, gift ideas and more!