As we age, it’s no secret that our priorities change. You’ll have fond memories of your big family home that was once filled with your siblings’ loud laughter and even louder footsteps. As you’ve all moved out and had your own families, your parents have been left with a lot empty space to upkeep and maintain. It might be time to consider packing their bags and sending them on a permanent holiday, where they can enjoy luxury living in an over 55s development in Greenwich with resort-style facilities and breathtaking views.
Akoya Greenwich has set a new benchmark in apartment living on Sydney’s leafy Lower North Shore. There are some perks that come with growing older, many of which your parents will find in this small boutique development that’s exclusive to over 55s. The project is being developed by Alceon Group and construction is currently underway, set for completion in late 2022/early 2023.
Residents can settle back and soak up panoramic views of the Sydney skyline, take a dip in the heated infinity pool, warm up at one of the fire pits, and enjoy a bite at the on-site cafe. And of course, they can make use of the many five-star facilities. The club lounge includes a 10-seat cinema, virtual golf driving range, library, bar and private dining area and private wine cellars.
Greenwich is perhaps the Lower North Shore’s best-kept secret (that offers so much!). It is located just five minutes from St Leonards and 10 minutes from Crows Nest with the new Metro train station arriving in 2024.
This convenient location still manages to maintain a village feel with the Greenwich Baths and many harbourside walks around the Greenwich, Waverton & Balls Head Reserve area. There’s also a new retail hub adjacent to St Leonard’s Station which will include 30,000 m² of retail, restaurants and supermarkets and house a new library and Park area.
Akoya Greenwich Over 55s Facilities
There are 40 apartments currently being built in this over 55s development in Greenwich, including four one-bedroom apartments, 14 two-bedroom apartments and 22 three-bedroom apartments. Each apartment will have a study, and luxury finishes such as stone kitchens with Wolf appliances, sub-zero integrated fridge, and spacious balconies where residents can soak up the views.
Roof Top Retreat
Residents can head up to the roof for panoramic views of the Sydney skyline Sydney Harbour Bridge, Opera House across Barangaroo right out to Homebush. You can actually see four bridges from this location: Harbour Bridge, Anzac Bridge, Iron Cove Bridge and Gladesville Bridge.
The Infinity edge heated lap pool with relaxation area consists of:
- Two gas fire pits
- Two outdoor kitchens
- Two dining pods
- Large general lounge area
This exclusive lounge is one of the many perks on offer. It includes:
- Virtual golf simulator
- Private dining room with finishing kitchen
- Wine Cellar
- Library with fireplace
- Casual seating
The parcel room can be managed via the concierge who will be able to sign for deliveries on residents’ behalf (with prior approval).
The concierge’s role is to make day-to-day life of the residents at Akoya as convenient as possible. The developer will cover the cost of the concierge service for the first 12 months. It will then be up to the owners if they wish to change the concierge times or alter the service.
Here are some of the main services the concierge is able to provide and organise on residents behalf:
- Housekeeping for your apartment
- Chauffeur services
- Coordination of delivery, services and maintenance people (are also able to provide access to your apartment with permission)
- Coordination of catering and decorators for personal events in both the private residences and private dining suite
- Bookings for the theatre, concerts and major events
- Restaurant bookings
- Health and wellness providers – such as PTs, yoga / Pilates instructors, physios, etc.
- Home delivery from shops within the Greenwich Village
- Pet care – such as dog walking, dog day care and grooming
The finishes in Akoya are exquisite. Every detail has been carefully thought through by the interiors team at Marchese Partners.
- Living rooms have built-in Ambe Fireplaces. Most have floor-to-ceiling glass to make the most of the exceptional views back to the Harbour.
- Kitchens are equipped with integrated sub-zero fridges and 59 bottle sub zero dual zone wine fridges. Each one is features a full range of Wolf appliances, along with sculptured island bench tops.
- All apartments have generous living areas, master bedrooms and ensuites.
There is a choice of finishes including brushed brass accessories, twin shower sets and freestanding bath tubs. All apartments have living rooms opening on to terraces many with lushly landscaped planter boxes that add intimacy to the resident & visual appeal to facade of the building.
About The Developer
Alceon Group (“Alceon”) is a privately-owned financier and investment company with extensive experience in real estate development, finance and investment. Established in 2010, Alceon is headquartered in Sydney and has offices in Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth and has invested over $4 billion into various real estate opportunities across all sectors.
- One bedroom + study: From $1,350,000
- Two bedroom + study: From $1,995,000
- Three bedroom + study: From $2,750,000
Essential Details: Akoya, Greenwich
- Address: 2 Greenwich Road, Greenwich
- Construction: Construction targeting for this over 55s complex in Greenwich has begun with completion anticipated for end of 2022/early 2023
- Sales Agent: