It’s the moment so many of us have been waiting for! Woolworths Metro North Turramurra is now open and offers a range of fresh, easy, delicious meal solutions in addition to fresh fruit and veg and pantry staples.
The new Woolworths Metro at North Turramurra officially opened on 3 November. It’s a great local and convenient option for everyone in the area, but what exactly is a metro store and how does it differ to a Woolworths supermarket? We have all the answers to help you out!
What is a Woolworths Metro store?
With a focus on fresh and healthy food options at affordable prices, each Metro store is tailored to the community it serves. Whether around the corner from your home or workplace, you’ll always be able to walk or drive by and pick up exactly what you need.
Here are some of the differences you will notice between Metro stores and Woolworths supermarkets.
Metro stores are thoughtfully tailored to the local community – from the store layout, shopping experience, shopping occasions they focus on, to the suppliers they partner with and the product range.
Metro stores are more food-focused – you’ll find fresh in-season fruit and veg, artisan bakery, entertaining, easy dinner ranges and a great range of everyday essentials for your home.
Metro stores are at easy to find and convenient locations – quick and easy to get in and out of.
What will you find in store at Metro North Turramurra?
Now you know that each Metro store is tailored to the local community, what exactly can you expect to find at North Turramurra? Local shoppers will have a convenient new place to pick up fresh food for breakfast, lunch, dinner, fresh fruit and veg and pantry staples. Some of the exciting things in store include:
- In-store artisan bakehouse managed in partnership with The Bread & Butter Project – Australia’s first social enterprise bakery. Every slice of their delicious artisan bread helps provide training and employment for people seeking refuge and asylum in Australia. The range includes sourdough loaves, baguettes, brioche and buns, as well as savoury and sweet treats. More info on The Bread & Butter Project here.
- Fresh sushi, made in-store by their sushi chefs – you’ll find sashimi, nigiri, maki rolls, summer rolls and more.
- Dinner made easy: pre-prepped meals, dinner shortcuts and fresh ready meals(meat and plant-based).
- An expansive range of gourmet and speciality products from local suppliers.
- Local and international entertaining cheeses, crackers, gourmet dips and antipasto.
- Fresh in-season and organic fruit and veg.
- Pantry staples.
In-store or Direct to Boot pickup is available at Metro North Turramurra. You can order online and pick up at a preselected time. Get shopping!
Drop in today!
Come and say hello when you’re at North Turramurra shops next, meet their friendly store team and see all the fresh food and convenient meal solutions they have in store.
Essential Details: Woolworths Metro North Turramurra
- Address: 290 Bobbin Head Road, North Turramurra
- Hours: 7am – 10pm every day
- Free parking onsite
- View store locator