The playground makeover at Willoughby Park is complete, and it’s fantastic! Since opening last week, hundreds of local families have flocked to try out the new equipment. This is the biggest playground overhaul for Willoughby Council in 2020, and it’s now ready for fun…
Costing around $500,000, the upgraded playground at Willoughby Park includes:
- An elevated tower fort with challenging rope ladders & bridge
- Three slides (including a must-try tube slide)
- In-ground trampolines
- Basket swing and marble run
- Climbing nets
- Monkey bars
- Distorting mirror
- Swings (for children of all ages and abilities)
- Tunnel running under a mound
Pack your scooters or bikes too, as Willoughby Park now has an awesome bike track with road signs and markings for little riders.
Set under beautiful gum trees and next to the oval, there’s plenty of natural shade. There’s also a fully fenced area alongside picnic tables and barbeques.
We love it!
Getting to Willoughby Park
Car: Off street parking at the northern end of the Warrane Road side of the park and along the Robert Street side of the park, and on street parking on all other boundaries of the park.
Bus: There is a bus stop 25m from the park entrance in McClelland Street.
Essential Details: Willoughby Park
- Address: McClelland Street, Willoughby East