Honeycomb Slice is a sweet treat that’s super easy to make and tastes incredible! With just six ingredients and no baking, the kids can get involved and create it themselves. Plus, if you don’t love honeycomb, simply replace with your favourite chocolate bar instead. Yummo!
With more time at home, there’s more time to explore other creative endeavours… like cooking! For a fun activity, we decided to make the delicious Honeycomb Slice to pass some time and make a sweet treat for the whole family. Watch our video to see it come together, and scroll down for the recipe so you can make your own Honeycomb Slice.
Recipe: How to make Honeycomb Slice
- 3 Crunchie chocolate honeycomb bars (150g)
- 200g arrowroot biscuits
- 100g butter
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 250g milk chocolate melts
- 1 tbs coconut oil
- Food processor
- Baking tray (24cm x 24xcm square)
- Mixing bowl
- Melt butter and condensed milk in a saucepan over a low heat.
- Blitz the biscuits in a food processor until they are a fine crumb. Add the Crunchie bars and blitz again.
- Add the Crunchie and cookie crumbs to the melted condensed milk and butter mixture, and mix well.
- Press the mixture firmly into a greased slice pan and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Put the chocolate melts and oil into a glass bowl and melt it in short 30 second bursts in the microwave until smooth. Pour melted chocolate over the base and refrigerate for about 15-20 minutes, or until firm.
- Cut into squares and keep in an airtight container in the fridge or pantry. Can last for up to seven days.
Make it your own!
- Rather than use Crunchies, try it with another favourite chocolate bar – like Cherry Ripe, Violet Crumble, M&Ms or even Marshmallows.
- Rather than Arrowroot biscuits, choose another plain biscuit base – like Shortbread, Butternut Snap or Marie, Granita or Yo Yo
Want to make your own Kids in the Kitchen video?
Does your child like to cook and create videos? We’d love to feature their creation on our website… just like this one! If you’d like to share a video, simply send an email to [email protected] and we’ll let you know the next steps…