Father’s Day gift ideas can help show the dad in your life how much you love them (even if you don’t love their dad jokes…!) This year, celebrate with some of these unique gift ideas from RedBalloon. And for those in lockdown, there are a few extra experiences and offers that work in quarantine. Happy Father’s Day to all the dads in our lives!
Father’s Day gifts in 2020 are a tricky thing to get right, given how unpredictable the year has been! But finding that perfect gift is as easy as checking out some online options, whether you’re looking to spoil your own dad or your partner (or anyone who is meaningful to you this Father’s Day!).
Fathers Day Gift Ideas: Mega adventure
Shark Diving at SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium
Experience the adrenaline rush of coming face-to-face with a shark, one of the most feared creatures of the deep. Take the plunge inside SEA LIFE Sydney’s Oceanarium…if dad dares! He’ll also encounter giant stingrays and hundreds of exotic fish on this guided dive tour.
- General admission into SEA LIFE Sydney Aquarium
- Shark dive experience
- All equipment
- Full safety briefing and diver training
- Certificate of completion
Fathers Day Gift Ideas: Sports mad dads
Behind the Scenes Tour of Sydney Cricket Ground
Take a behind-the-scenes tour of the SCG and get up close to iconic sports memorabilia like Don Bradman’s 1948 baggy green cap. Dad (and any guests who tag along!) can see the fields of play, the dressing rooms, the SCG museum and even venture down the Walk of Honour. A great gift for cricket and sports fanatics!
- Behind the scenes guided walking tour of the Sydney Cricket Ground
- Tour the stadium, grounds, Members Pavilion and the SCG Museum
- See the dressing rooms and iconic sports memorabilia
- 90 minute guided walking tour of the SCG and SCG Museum
- Knowledgeable guide
Cost: $30 per person
Mystery Box! Make dad’s day with a hamper
Did someone say ‘gift hamper’! A big box arriving on the doorstep is one of those lovely thrilling moments just full of anticipation for a lucky man. Send one along to brighten someone’s Father’s Day in isolation (or share one with your other half at home!)
This Australian Craft Beer Box pamper pack comes with popular beer brands for those discerning drinkers.
- 4 x Stone & Wood Green Coast Lager
- 4 x Moon Dog Old Mate Pale Ale
- 4 x Young Henrys Newtowner Australian Pale Ale
- 4 x Holgate Brewhouse Mt. Macedon Pale Ale
- Tasting Notes
- Beer Glass Guide
- Personalised Gift Card (Optional)
Father’s Day for foodie dads!
Botanic House 11 Course Tasting Menu with Wine
Dad (and maybe you too!) can enjoy a world-class dining experience amidst the stunning foliage of the Royal Botanic Gardens with glimpses of Sydney Harbour. Specially curated by Luke Nguyen, he’ll sit down to indulge in an 11 course tasting menu that marries South East Asian flavours, Australian produce and native ingredients with a fresh, modern twist. Other delights include seared scallop betel leaves, market fish with lemon myrtle infused coconut milk and soy sauce ice cream, paired with a premium bottle of wine.
- Indulgent 11 course tasting menu curated by renowned chef Luke Nguyen
- Gorgeous blend of South East Asian flavours with native Australian ingredients
- An iconic location in Sydney’s Royal Botanic Garden
- 11 course shared tasting menu for two people
- A choice of a bottle of selected premium wines
- Tea and coffee
- Welcome cocktail/mocktail on arrival
Cost: $220 for two
Or take a look at this 3 Course Steakhouse Dinner with Wine for Two at Barangaroo or make it a hands-on experience with a Cheese Making Class.
Lockdown life? Some online ideas
Virtual Whisky and Cheese Experience on a Wooden Boat
For those who can’t go out for the moment, these amazing experiences happen right inside the home!
Grab dad something fancy like a Virtual Whisky and Cheese Experience on a Wooden Boat, and he’ll practically feel the wind in his hair! With Captain Stu to virtually welcome guests aboard the gorgeous Ellen R, dad will soon be floating across the world famous Sydney Harbour complete with glimpses of iconic highlights (while mixing up some nifty drinks!).
- Virtual cocktail making experience aboard Ellen R
- Interact with Captain Stu during the session
Cost: $85 per passenger
Get the gift he chooses!
Don’t forget, you can always make sure you get dad’s gift right by opting for a gift voucher. RedBalloon have some incredible options, from hot air ballooning to jet skiing, so grab a gift voucher and use it to book something he chooses himself.
RedBalloon offers thousands of experiences which guarantees you are sure to find something your dad will love for Father’s Day. From exhilarating experiences like race car driving and jet boating, to indulging experiences like a winery tour or BBQ cooking class, the options are endless at RedBalloon.