Father’s Day is just around the corner, on Sunday 1 September. If you haven’t yet made plans to celebrate, why not make Dad’s day by treating him to a special meal with the family? There are dozens of family-friendly restaurants, cafes & pubs on the North Shore where you can treat Dad – whether it’s breakfast, lunch or dinner.
1. The Mix at Chatswood Place
You’re spoilt for choice with a huge range of dining options at The Mix – Thai, Woodfired Pizza, African, Mediterranean, Japanese and more! Book a spot for breakfast, lunch or dinner at one of the many family-friendly restaurants or cafes including: Shuk, Niko and…, Kellys Bar and Grill, Eat Fuh, Chat Thai, Zundo Sapporo or Terrazza Woodfired Pizzeria. For something fast, try Fishbowl or Saikyo. This Father’s Day, they’ll be live music creating a fun and festive vibe from 11am. Customers can enjoy 3 hours free parking, or free parking after 6pm.
- Address: 260 Victoria Ave, Chatswood
2. Pumphouse Sydney
Plan the ultimate day for dad this Father’s Day at Pumphouse Sydney! Book dad a high tea he’ll never forget, with this Mr Tea and a Trim offer! Indulge dad’s tastebuds with a high tea of double stacked nachos, Canadian poutine, wagyu sliders, jalapeno poppers, JD chicken wings and MORE, plus a Jack Daniels cocktail to top it off.
In addition, they’ll also have Jack Daniel’s Brand Ambassador in the house, fun things to keep the kids entertained PLUS the opportunity for Dad to get a free beard or hair trim by GQ’s Barbershop of the year, The Barberhood.
- Address: 17 Little Pier Street, Darling Harbour
- Phone: (02) 8217 4090
3. The Greens, North Sydney
There are spectacular harbour views at The Greens to take in while you dine.Spoil dad with a free pint of Heineken on arrival, plus a signature keepsake Greens Father’s Day glass*. There will be a range of kid’s entertainment, live music plus their signature special seafood platter.
After your meal, test Dad’s skill with a game of bowls or venture outside to St Leonards Park to the playground. The Greens is also open for lunch and dinner.
If you live locally (within five kilometres of the club) you’ll need to be a member to visit ($10/year, you can sign-up when you arrive) or be signed in by a current member.
- Address: 50 Ridge Street, North Sydney
- Phone: (02) 9245 3099
4. The Ranch, North Ryde
Get out of the house and into the pub for a family meal this Fathers Day! There’s lots to keep the kids entertained at The Ranch – a fabulous outdoor shaded playground, jumping castle (weather permitting), ping pong tables, arcade area and kids activity packs and face painting. Plus, kids eat free all day! Find out what to expect at The Ranch by reading Emma’s review.
- Address: Cnr Epping & Herring Rds, North Ryde, NSW, 2122
- Phone: (02) 9887 2411
5. Borruso’s Pizza and Pasta, Northbridge & Crows Nest
It began as a takeaway shop but has grown to be a bustling Italian restaurant serving wood-fired pizzas and classic pasta dishes for dinner. It’s family-friendly and its menu states “benvenuto alla famiglia” which roughly translates to “welcome to the family.”
- Address: 1/59-65 Strathallen Ave, Northbridge & 83 Willoughby Rd, Crows Nest
- Phone: (02) 9967 5706
6. Not Bread Alone, Crows Nest
If the kids are early risers head to Not Bread Alone for Father’s Day – it’s open from 7am. There are lots of choices on the breakfast menu including a BLT, eggs benedict, hotcakes and corn fritters. Plus they roast their own coffee beans. They’re also open for lunch. There’s a kids’ menu for under-12s. There are indoor and footpath tables and plenty of room for prams.
- Address: Shop 2, 376 Pacific Highway, Crows Nest
- Phone: (02) 9966 9788
7. Ripples Milsons Point
For a top-notch location, it’s hard to beat – especially on a sunny day. Ripples Milsons Point is set on Sydney Harbour’s foreshore and has sweeping waterfront views of the Bridge, Opera House and CBD skyscrapers.
There’s a fully fenced playground at the nearby Bradfield Park or, if you’re feeling adventurous, Luna Park is just around the corner.
- Address: Olympic Drive Milsons Point
- Phone: (02) 9929 7722
8. The Longueville Hotel, Lane Cove
The pub is known to locals as ‘The Longy’ and has two main eating areas.
The Dining Room has communal wooden tables plus an open fire. Or, you can soak up the sun on the outdoor Garden Terrace during the day or admire the views from your table at night.
The pub’s bistro has an extensive menu that includes steaks, seafood, burgers and pizzas. There are six different $10 options on the kids’ (under 12’s) menu – and you can substitute seasonal vegetables for those meals served with chips. Plus kids get a free ice cream and soft drink.
- Address: 80 Longueville Road, Lane Cove
- Phone: (02) 9427 2021
9. Cafe Patina, Wahroonga
The beautiful Cafe Patina, set in the leafy surrounds opposite Wahroonga Park, has a delicious menu for Father’s Day. For breakfast, it’s an a la carte menu. Choose from delights like banana bread “french toast”, eggs benedict or house smoked slow cooked beef brisket with potato kimchi bake, chargrilled broccolini, toasted seeds, special sauce & poached egg).
Lunch is a 3-course set menu for $68 and a kids menu for $25.
After your feast, head across the road for a play at Wahroonga Park!
10. West Pymble Bicentennial Club
West Pymble Bicentennial Club is an excellent option for relaxed, casual, family-friendly dining. This Father’s Day, Dad gets a free drink on arrival, there’s free bare foot bowls and a Creation Station where kids can make a present for Dad.
Wondering what to buy Dad?
Can’t celebrate Father’s Day with your Dad this year? Not sure what to get him? Why not surprise him with a beautiful gift box of premium wines (from some of the best Australian award-winning boutique wineries!) from Bird and Barrel.
They also offer wine subscriptions, which can be ordered at intervals of your choice and custom built according to wine variety preferences.
Order before Monday 26 August to receive free Australia wide delivery and for your first order you’ll receive $20 off!
Even more options…
Spots with an outdoor space for the kids to play!
- The Vines @ Flower Power Nursery, Terrey Hills
- Deli in the Park, East Lindfield
- Dragonfly Café @ Eden Gardens, North Ryde
- Harbord Diggers, Freshwater
- Piemonte Cafe Restaurant, Terrey Hills
- The Diddy, Longueville
- The Grounds Keeper Cafe, Ryde
- The Ranch Hotel, North Ryde
- Club Willoughby
- Greengate Hotel, Killara
- Hunters Hill Hotel, Hunters Hill
- Longueville Hotel, Lane Cove
- Marciano’s, Lindfield
- Sugar ‘n Spice, Chatswood
- The Blue Gum, Waitara
- The Great Northern Hotel, Chatswood
- The Oaks, Neutral Bay
- The Willoughby Hotel, North Willoughby
- Union Hotel, North Sydney
- The Sawmill, West Pymble
- West Pymble Bicentennial Club
- Via Alta, Willoughby
- Via Napoli Pizzeria, Lane Cove and Hunters Hill
- Berowra Village Tavern, Berowra Heights
Hotels with indoor play areas
- Magpies, Waitara
- Hotel Pennant Hills, Pennant Hills
- North Ryde RSL, North Ryde
- Terrey Hills Tavern, Terrey Hills
- The Belrose Hotel, Belrose
Beautiful spots by the water
- Aqua Dining, Milsons Point
- Bather’s Pavilion, Balmoral
- Burnt Orange, Mosman
- Deckhouse, Woolwich
- Echo on the Marina, Roseville
- Flying Fox Cafe, Mona Vale
- Hugos Manly, Manly
- Ormeggio at The Spit, Mosman
- Pilu at Freshwater, Freshwater
- Plonk! Beach Cafe, Mosman
- Ripples Milsons Point, Milsons Point
- Ripples Chowder Bay, Mosman
- The Bathers’ Pavilion, Balmoral
- The Boathouse Shelly Beach, Manly
- The Boathouse Palm Beach, Palm Beach
- Zalis, Hotel Novotel Manly Pacific, Manly
Somewhere else a bit special
- Argo Restaurant, Pymble
- Café Lyon, Lindfield
- Clareville Kiosk, Clareville
- Cafe Patina, Wahroonga
- Kiplings Garage Bar, Turramurra
- Martha’s, Castlecrag
- MUMU Grill, Crows Nest
- Reel on Redleaf, Wahroonga
- Reevs Modern Italian & Spanish Restaurant, Chatswood
- Sous le Soleil, Roseville
- The BoVine Brasserie, St Ives
- The Cook’s Garden, North Turramurra
- Woodland Kitchen and Bar, Neutral Bay
- Urban Tadka, Terrey Hills
Want even more ideas?