It’s a playground with some of the best views in Sydney! Check out the new equipment and playground at waterfront Kesterton Park, North Sydney. The gorgeous grounds are set against sandstone cliffs and feature spectacular harbour views.
With its creamy sandstone cliffs and picturesque ferry wharf, Kesterton Park has been a secret favourite playground for North Sydney locals for years. But now the park has had a modern makeover, upgrading its playground and outdoor fitness area to be a drawcard for families all across the North Shore.
This North Sydney playground features an exciting range of new equipment for users of diverse ages and abilities. The updated setup are in addition to the park’s ferry wharf and the fully-fenced children’s playground.
The new playground features a custom-designed climb and slide structure for daring little monkeys, a multi-person spinning pyramid to test balance and improve co-ordination, and a massive triple-bay swing set with a ‘parent and child’ swing so you can be close to your little ones, an accessible swing for the differently-abled, and basket swings.
- There are seats, picnic tables, a bubbler, a covered shelter with seats and a table and a custom-designed, fully-fenced playground.
- Mature Eucalypts along the cliff base provide some shade, and Figs cling to the sandstone escarpment.
- Dogs are welcome in Kesterton Park however they are not permitted within 10m of the playground.
- Outdoor fitness equipment next to the fully fenced playground.
- Embankment provides shade.
- Park is located on the harbour foreshore and has a ferry wharf and excellent harbour views.
“Right next to the fun new playground at Kesterton Park we’ve built a new outdoor fitness facility that will allow adults and teens to exercise while the children play,” says North Sydney Mayor Jilly Gibson.
“The harbourside park is a lovely well-shaded spot for the whole family to enjoy and I know it’ll be well-loved by the community.”
On top of the upgrades, new park furniture, footpaths and turf has also been added throughout Kesterton Park.
Additionally, there is a new over-water pathway that connects Kesterton Park to the recently opened Sub Base Platypus site. Sub Base Platypus is a new waterfront urban park being developed by the Sydney Harbour Federation Trust.
Kesterton Park: Essential Details
- Address: High St, North Sydney
- Getting there: Located at the southern end of High Street, North Sydney, Kesterton Park is within walking distance of North Sydney railway station, or you can park in High Street. The nearby High Street ferry wharf connects the Park to Circular Quay and other northern harbour locations.
- Fully fenced playground
- Seat & picnic tables
- Water fountain
- Closest coffee? The Flying Bear on McDougall Street at Milsons Park
- North Sydney Council website
For more ideas of things to do on and around the North Shore, browse our Out & About section.