The wait is over! Treetops Adventure is the new high ropes course at St Ives Showground, and it officially opens on Sunday 14 November. Time to book those tickets for some Summer school holiday fun. It’s sure to get your blood pumping and bring out that inner thrillseeker.
After months of lockdown, it doesn’t get much better than this. Nothing beats Summer holidays spent climbing in the great outdoors…right on your very own doorstep. Check out the new high ropes course opening in St Ives.
Let the adventures begin…
The new adventure park will officially open on Sunday 14 November, featuring eight different high rope courses offering fun-filled and exhilarating challenges for kids ages from three years to adventure-seeking adults. Over one kilometre of cables span the designed area hosting more than 95 aerial obstacles, including ziplines, wobbly wooden obstacles, tight ropes and nets – all suspended between each platform to create a maze of activities for a unique outdoor experience.
Once open, up to 180 people will be able to access the course at one time within a COVID-safe plan that will be implemented for all visitors. Visitors will be offered a 2.5-hour session where they can choose from the eight different courses, starting from a two-metre height and soaring all the way up to a 15-metre high challenge.
Mayor Jennifer Anderson said the high ropes adventure course was the latest in a series of new initiatives for the Showground.
“Families have been enthralled by the new regional playground and this latest attraction will make the Showground a great day out for everyone.”
Fun for all ages…
There will be fun-filled and exhilarating challenges for kids ages from three years to adventure-seeking adults.
- Junior (3-7 years): This is where their youngest adventurers start out, building up their skills and confidence as they climb solo! Separate non-paying Grown-Up supervision from the ground is required. Grown-Ups are not permitted on courses for this age group.
- Junior Pro (3-7 years): Little adventurers can really start to branch out and test their skills on our Pro courses. These courses take our Juniors to the next level in both height and obstacle difficulty. Separate non-paying Grown-Up supervision from the ground is required. Grown-Ups are not permitted on this course.
- Beginner (8+ years): If you’ve never done a tree ropes course, beginner is the place to start. Learn the ropes here (literally), test your strength and agility and satisfy your adventurous side! 1 participating Grown-Up is required per up to 4 children (8-12yrs).
- Intermediate (8+ years): Legs a little wobbly? Intermediate courses provide a thrill for those who are new to climbing but want a heart-pumping, adrenaline hit too! 1 participating Grown-Up is required per up to 4 children (8-12 years).
- Advanced (10+ years): Now we’re reaching new heights! If you’re confident in zipping, swaying and climbing through the trees, these advanced courses will stretch your limbs and test your abilities. 1 participating Grown-Up per up to 4 children (aged 8-12 years).
- Expert (13+ years): Top of the world! Their expert courses will test the agility and fitness of any climbing extraordinaire. Grown-Up supervision is required from the ground for climbers aged 13-17yrs. Climbers must have successfully completed a red course beforehand.
The high ropes adventure course in St Ives has been installed by TreeTops Adventure Holdings, which has a track record in high ropes installations in 13 sites across Australia. You may have already visited one (or two) of their courses across Sydney, on the Central Coast, Newcastle, The Hills, Western Sydney and Coffs Harbour.
Under the agreement with TreeTop Adventure Holdings, the high ropes course will be installed in a way that will protect trees in the area.
Essential Details: High Ropes Adventures
- Opening: Sunday 14 November
School Term: Monday – Friday, 10am – 5pm | Saturday & Sunday, 9am – 5pm
School & Public Holidays: Monday – Sunday, 9am – 5pm
Closed Christmas Day & New Years Day
- Location: St Ives Showgrounds, 450 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
- Book now