For a true adventure, your little climbers will love being above the treetops on a high-ropes course. These four top offerings are all on or near the North Shore and will keep your monkeys clambering for hours while building confidence and agility.
1. Wesley Vision Valley, Hornsby
- Where: Wesley Vision Valley, 7 Vision Valley Road, Arcadia NSW 2159
- Website: Vision Valley
Run by Wesley Mission, the Vision Valley adventure line-up includes team challenges and individual courses- which many of us might remember from school excursions! Try the Dual Flying Fox (pictured)x which carries brave riders across a span of 120 metres! There’s also ziplines, high and low ropes courses, and a ‘All Aboard’ group activity in which you help others climb a telegraph pole to reach the top (or try i on your own!). The centre is most suited to registering as a group for a day of activities, or as a family joining the Urban Expeditions program, an Amazing Race style adventures with puzzles and challenges.
2. The Hills TreeTops Sydney, West Pennant Hills
- Where: The Hills, Cumberland State Forest, 95 Castle Hill Rd, West Pennant Hills
- Website: The Hills Treetops Sydney
The Hills children’s courses reach up to 10 metres, but don’t let a fear of heights stop you! The courses are for all different levels of experience and bravery, determined by each individual climber. Just keep in mind that children’s courses for 3-9 year olds could be slightly more challenging for younger or less confident children. There’s also the Monkey Room (indoor) or the Jungle (outdoor) party rooms.
- Child 3-9yrs old: $28.00
- Junior 10-17yrs old: (participants must be at least 1.4m tall) $38.00
- Adult 18yrs + (participants must be at least 1.4m tall.) $48.00
3. Wild Ropes Course, Taronga Zoo
- Where: Taronga Zoo, Bradleys Head Road, Mosman. Look for Wild Ropes sign inside the Zoo
- Website: Wild Ropes Taronga Zoo
You can visit Wild Ropes without Zoo tickets, or you can combine both into one day of adventure! The program has four courses with 60 challenges to try, all set against the spectacular backdrop of the bushland surrounds of Taronga Zoo and Sydney Harbour. If you’re eagle-eyed, you may spot koalas, kangaroos, emus and wallabies during the 90-minute outdoor activity.
Cost (for two courses)
- Child/Junior: $32
- Adult 18yrs +: $37
Cost for adventure package and Zoo:
- Child/Junior: $47
- Adult: $71
4. Urban Jungle Adventure Park, Sydney Olympic Park
- Where: Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre, Olympic Blvd, Sydney Olympic Park
- Website: Urban Adventure Park
Urban Jungle is in the grounds of the Sydney Olympic Park Aquatic Centre, so you can double up with a sky-high adventure and a swim in the water! There are four treetop courses, with over 50 aerial activities to keep you occupied. Some are low to the ground at two metres and other, more challenging ones are up to 6 metres in the sky. Each course finishes with an amazing flying fox to get you back to ground level.
- Child/Junior: (must be 1.25m tall) $39.50
- Adult 18yrs + (participants must be at least 1.25 tall.) $39.50