Want to give your kids a day on the farm, but looking for the best options near Sydney? If your children get excited at seeing the little ducklings, rabbits or goats whenever a Kindifarm comes to the local fete or market, a trip to a ‘real’ farm is a whole lot better! We’ve compiled a list of the closest options to the North Shore, so your kiddies can experience the real thing…
Golden Ridge Animal Farm
Golden Ridge Animal Farm has a large variety of friendly farm animals, most of which have been hand raised on the farm – everything from small pet mice up to the big bulls! Arrive in the morning for the 1.5 hour organised Farm Tours – where you can feed the animals ($5 for a large tub of feed), milk cows, bottle feed goats and cuddle baby animals, plus you’re free to explore the farm after the organised activities. They sometimes have a bouncy castle and pony rides ($5 extra). The Feed Shed serves coffee, drinks, snacks and meals, but you are also welcome to pack a picnic.
- Address: 686 Old Northern Road, Dural NSW
- Entry Fees: 2-hour visit is $20 adults & children (age 1+). Book your session online then pay cash or card on arrival.
Calmsley Hill City Farm
Calmsley Hill City Farm is an interactive farm, close to the heart of Sydney just off the M7 at Elizabeth Drive. Get up close to a range of native and farmyard animals! You can feed the nursery animals and join in on our shows and demonstrations.
Bring your own picnic lunch, or use the free electric BBQ’s to cook your own lunch. Take-away food can be purchased at the Farmhouse Kiosk.
- Address: 31 Darling Street Abbotsbury
- Entry Fees: $27.50 adults, $15.50 children (3-16 years), $82.50 family (2 adults, 3 kids)
- Open: Wed – Fri 9am-3pm | Saturday & Sunday, 9am-14pm & Public Holidays.
Amazement Farm & Fun Park
From magical mazes to friendly farm animals and many more amazing attractions and activities on offer. The Amazement Farm and Fun Park is a world of fun for the whole family.
Explore their multiple magical mazes, friendly farm animals, scheduled petting shows, pony rides. There is also the bird sanctuary area, kids playground area, rhinoplay unit, yard activities, sporting games, giant board games, Maze terrace cafe, picnic areas and much, much more.
- Address: 170 Yarramalong Road, Wyong Creek (45 mins drive along M1 from Wahroonga)
- Entry Fees: $20 adults, $14 children (2-16 years), $60 family (2 adults, 2 kids)
- Open: Wednesday – Sunday, 9:30am – 4:00pm, plus every day during School Holidays.