Sprinkles have got to be one of the most versatile ways to whoosh up an ordinary sweet treat.
We’d like to show you an inexpensive, quick but seriously cute way to add a little sprinkle of extra cheer at your Christmas party or just a pretty way to serve up Santa’s milk and cookies.
This trick works best on glasses with a lip or rim such as jam jars or mini milk bottles (such as these). Plastic versions are also available at the Reject Shop, but you can experiment with any vessel really…
YOU WILL NEED:
- 6 x rimmed milk bottles or jam jars
- 1 x bag of white chocolate melts at any supermarket- we used Nestle brand)
- ½ cup of sprinkles or other edible embellishments
- Take the bag of white chocolate melts and melt according to packet instructions. Ideally use a dish wide enough to fit the rim of your vessel or else just pour in once melted.
- Pour your sprinkles into a separate dish also wide enough to fit the rim of your vessel.
- Take your clean glass jar and dip upside down into the melted chocolate for 5-10 seconds, coating the rim. Lift back up and let the excess drip off whilst still upside down.
- Straight away dip the chocolate coated rim into the sprinkles for 5-10 seconds.
- Remove and allow to set (a couple of minutes, no need to refrigerate).
- Depending on the width of the rim, you may have need to pour drinks through a funnel into the glass to avoid splashing the sprinkles.
- Pop in a straw and serve on a tray with a jug of something delicious! Personally, on Christmas Eve it will be our Gin Cocktail for the adults and ice cold milk for the juniors.