Do your children get excited at seeing the little ducklings, rabbits or goats whenever a Kindifarm comes to the local fete or market? A trip to a ‘real’ farm is a whole lot better! We’ve compiled a list of the closest options to the North Shore, so your kiddies can experience the real thing.
Golden Ridge Animal Farm
Golden Ridge Animal Farm has a large variety of friendly farm animals, most of which have been hand raised on the farm – everything from small pet mice up to the big bulls! Arrive in the morning for the 1.5 hour organised Farm Tours – where you can feed the animals ($5 for a large tub of feed), milk cows, bottle feed goats and cuddle baby animals, plus you’re free to explore the farm after the organised activities. They sometimes have a bouncy castle and pony rides ($5 extra). The Feed Shed serves coffee, drinks, snacks and meals, but you are also welcome to pack a picnic.
- Entry Fees: $15 adults, $15 children (age 1+). Cash only. Bookings are essential, call 9651 1028 or email via their website.
- Farm Tours: 10.30am Mon – Fri, 11am Saturday, Sunday & Public Holidays.
Calmsley Hill City Farm
At Calmsley Hill, you can get up close to a range of native and farmyard animals. They have shows on throughout the day (It makes a great family day out! You can bring your own picnic lunch, bring some sausages and use their electric BBQ’s or simply buy take-away food from the Farm House Cafe.
- Entry Fees: $25.50 adults, $15 children (3-16 years), $75 family (2 adults, 3 kids)
- Open: Every day, 9:00am – 4:30pm
170 Yarramalong Road, Wyong Creek (45 mins drive along M1 from Wahroonga)
There is lots to enjoy at Amazement Park! As well as an animal farm, there are also several magical mazes and puzzles to explore, a games courtyard, sporting activities, adult pedal cars and a Wild Woods forest walk.
- Entry Fees: $16 adults, $12 children (2-16 years), $50 family (2 adults, 2 kids)
- Open: Friday – Sunday, 10:00am – 4:00pm, plus every day during School Holidays.
Bradley’s Head Road, Mosman
At the Backyard to Bush Farm, you’ll meet sheep, goats, pigs, chickens, rabbits, guinea pigs, ducks and more! There is a awesome adventure playground in this area too with lots of climbing, ropes and slides as well as a water play area for the toddlers (pack swimmers or a change of clothes if you can fit it in!).
- Entry Fees: $46 adults, $26 children (4-15 years). The best value is an annual Zoo Friends membership – adults can buy an Annual Pass online for $99 and take two children with them FREE each time.
Want to see even more animals?