Mother’s Day is Sunday 8 May, and we’re on a mission to find the North Shore’s most inspiring Mum for 2016!
Do you know an amazing North Shore Mum? We want hear about a real standout mum who is inspirational to you, your children or others. It could be a friend, your mum, a colleague, a sibling or even a mother-in-law.
There are so many fabulous mums on the North Shore. It could be someone who raises her kids but finds time to help out with other families or charities; it could be a mum juggling five children; it could be a mum who has gone through very difficult times with her health, her family or her children and is triumphing over the odds; it could be a mum who works tirelessly to help sick children; it could be a mum who is simply doing a great job at being a mum – we think all of these mums deserve to get noticed!
We’ve got over $2000 worth of prizes to be won, and are calling upon YOU to nominate someone who you think deserves to win the crown. Both the nominators and the inspirational mums will win some fabulous prizes.
Need some inspiration? Click here to read some of the entries from 2015:
- ‘She lost her husband to depression, and continues to put others before herself.’
- ‘She migrated from Fiji and worked hard to build her family up from nothing.’
- ‘She’s an Irish mum of four who can’t say no to anyone in need.’
- ‘She has a daughter with autism and is doing great things to raise autism awareness.’
- ‘She has a rare lung condition…but nothing is too much trouble for Kate.’
The incredible prizes up for grabs…
1st Prize: Most Inspiring North Shore Mum
$1000 weekend at Mowbray Park Farmstay, Picton
The most amazing mum will win a weekend farmstay at Mowbray Park Farmstay in Picton, just 90 minutes from Sydney. This brilliant prize includes family accommodation for two adults and two children, three daily meals plus activities such as tennis, swimming, table tennis, canoeing, archery, boomerang throwing, sheep shearing, whip cracking, farmyard activities including hayride and feeding the cattle, collecting eggs and milking the cows. The weekend is valued at $1000!
2nd Prize: Runner-up Inspiring North Shore Mum
$500 ‘Mama & Me’ Photo Session with RockSalt Photography
The mum who is chosen as a ‘close second’ will receive a Mama and Me shoot with RockSalt Photography, and the best 20 high-res digital files for you to use as you please!
Sara Kiyork from RockSalt Photography is a North Shore photographer (and mum!) who known for her amazing use of light. She believes that all mothers should take the ‘leap’ and be in photographs with their children. She is passionate about creating timeless portraits of families and her photography is modern, candid with utmost focus on our greatest vehicle- light. She specialises in family, maternity, newborn and weddings.
1st & 2nd Prize: Writers
$275 pamper at Omorfia Day Spa, Lindfield
Don’t worry, the friends who nominate the mums won’t go home empty-handed! The writers of the winning entries (of first and second prize) will each receive a 2-hour Heavenly Body Ritual at Omorfia Day Spa Lindfield, worth $275! You’ll be rewarded for your writing efforts with a rejuvenating full body exfoliation, a luxurious seasonal body cocoon, and a full body relaxation massage infused with hydrating and essential oils at the luxurious spa in Lindfield (located right by the station). Heaven on earth!
3rd Prize: Inspiring Mum & Writer
$100 voucher at Laser Clinics Australia, Neutral Bay
The nominated mum and writer of the third winning entry will each receive a $100 voucher to spend at Laser Clinics Australia, Neutral Bay. This clinic offers a wide range of beauty services, including laser hair removal (permanent hair reduction), cosmetic injections and skin treatments like microdermabrasion, pigmentation removal, stretch mark reduction and more!
So go ahead and nominate an awesome local North Shore Mum! You just need to write a short article about what makes this particular mum so amazing, along with a couple of photos of her.
Hurry, entries close Wednesday 4 May 2016! However, we’d love to get some entries ASAP so we can publish our favourite articles on the NSM website. So get writing NOW! The winners will be selected by a online vote on the NSM website and announced on Mother’s Day (Sunday 8 May).
To enter, complete the online form below, or email the following to [email protected]
- A short article about what makes this particular mum so amazing (approx. 500-800 words).
- Up to three high-res images of the mum you are nominating (landscape orientation is preferred).
- The mum’s full name, age & gender of children and suburb.
Mowbray Park Farmstay Gallery
Terms & Conditions: North Shore Mums Mother’s Day Promotion 2016
- Entry is open to residents of NSW, Australia. Employees of North Shore Mums and their families are ineligible to enter.
- The promotion commences at 7am AEST on 20 April 2016 and concludes at 11.59pm AEST on 4 May 2016 (the “Competition Period”). Entrants must write an article between 500-800 words about a local mum (who lives on Sydney’s North Shore) who is inspiring, including at least one image of the mother. All information must be submitted via the online form on northshoremums.com.au website or by email to [email protected]
- The promotion is a Game of Skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winners. Member voting will open on Friday 6 May at 12pm AEST and close on Sunday 8 May at 7.00pm AEST. The best entries, as voted by members of the North Shore Mums Facebook group, will receive the prizes in order of votes.
- Prizes details: First Prize (Nominated Mum): 2-nights weekend accommodation for two adults and two children, three daily meals plus activities at Mowbray Park Farmstay, Picton, valued at $1000. Transport not included, winners will need to organise their own transfers. First Prize (Writer): 2-hour Heavenly Body Ritual at Omorfia Day Spa Lindfield, valued at $275. Second Prize (Nominated Mum): Mama & Me photo shoot with RockSalt Photography and 20 high-res digital files, valued at $500. Second Prize (Writer): 2-hour Heavenly Body Ritual at Omorfia Day Spa Lindfield, valued at $275. Third Prize (Nominated Mum): $100 voucher at Laser Clinics Australia, Neutral Bay. Third Prize (Writer): $100 voucher at Laser Clinics Australia, Neutral Bay. Total prize value is $2250.
- The finalists will be announced on the North Shore Mums website on Friday 6 May, and an online voting system will open at 7.00am AEST. Voting will be conducted on the NSM website, and open until 7.00pm AEST on 8 May 2016.
- The winners will be announced on the NSM Facebook Page and Group on Mother’s Day, Sunday 8 May, 2016 and notified via email and/or phone.
- Prizes are not transferable and not redeemable for cash. The Promoter’s decision is final and binding – no correspondence will be entered into. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications. If for some reason, the winner does not accept the prize at the time stipulated by the Provider, the prize will be forfeited.
- Entries may be published on northshoremums.com.au and will become the property of North Shore Mums.
- New subscriber personal information will be collected by or on behalf of the Promoter to enable it to administer the Promotion. Persons may contact the Promoter by post at PO Box 439 Lane Cove 1595 or by emailing [email protected] to request access to, or corrections of, any of their collected personal information that is held by the Promoter.
- The Promoter is: Chappell Publishing Pty Ltd trading as North Shore Mums – ABN: 86611623851