Whether you’re looking to organise a child-free catch up with the girls or want celebrate a big occasion, high tea makes for a decadent and memorable experience. To help you decide where to indulge, we’ve rounded up our top places for high tea on Sydney’s North Shore. Enjoy a relaxing afternoon surrounded by good food, good drinks and good company – and in some cases, an amazing view for you to soak it all up with.
There are so many great excuses to book high tea on the North Shore – a baby shower, a milestone birthday, a Hen’s day or just an excuse to have a lovely afternoon out with your girlfriends!
High tea on the North Shore:
- My Little Cupcake, Neutral Bay
- Gunners Barracks, Mosman
- Burnt Orange, Mosman
- The Urban Teahouse, Naremburn
- Sugar’n Spice, Chatswood Chase
- Eden Gardens, Macquarie Park
- Hornsby RSL, Hornsby
- The Verandah, Beecroft
- The Centre Cafe, Dural
- The Vintage Pantry Secret Garden, Galston
My Little Cupcake, Neutral Bay
This family-centred business began in 2004, focussing on traditional, classic styles and flavours with a family recipe that has remained unchanged and infallible throughout their 16 years in business. Working solely in buttercream, they believe every cake should taste just as good as it looks!
Choose from four different options:
- High Tea ($40) – comes with a selection of treats, quiche, sandwiches, tea/coffee
- Little Tea ($35) – comes with fairy bread, ham & cheese sandwiches, sausage roll and pink lemonade
- Afternoon Tea ($22) – comes with cupcake, tea sandwich, scone and tea/coffee
- Devonshire Tea ($13) – comes with Scone and tea/coffee
- Sweet Tea ($14) – comes with cupcake, scone and tea/coffee
- Address: 62 Ben Boyd Rd, Neutral Bay
- Phone: (02) 9909 3908
- Available: Monday – Friday: 11am-4pm | Saturday & Sunday: 10am-3pm
- High Tea: $40
- Little Tea: $35
- Afternoon Tea: $22
- Devonshire Tea: $13
- Sweet Tea: $14
- Website: mylittlecupcake.com.au/high-tea
Gunners Barracks, Mosman
With the sparkling Sydney Harbour as its backdrop, Gunners Barracks is undoubtedly one of the most picturesque locations to enjoy a high tea on Sydney’s North Shore. You can soak up the incredible views with a delicious assortment of cakes, scones, sandwiches and savoury pastries served on tiered silver stands.
Treat yourself to Asia Pacific’s largest selection of Ronnefeldt teas, and mix it up with some of the other refreshing beverages on offer. You can choose from a Sparkling High Tea, served with a glass of Australian Sparkling, a Cocktail High Tea, served with your choice of cocktail, or take things up a notch with their Champagne High Tea, served with a piccolo of French champagne.
Gunners Barracks also offers a Children’s High Tea option, making it the perfect day out on weekends and holidays.
- Address: End of Suakin Drive, Georges Heights, Mosman
- Phone: (02) 8962 5900
- Available: From 10am weekdays and weekends. Call to book, as they often have private functions on the weekend.
- Traditional High Tea $65
- Sparkling High Tea $75
- Cocktail High Tea $80
- Champagne High Tea $85
- Children’s High Tea $45
- Website: gunnersbarracks.com.au
Burnt Orange, Mosman
Another amazing Mosman location on Sydney’s North Shore, Burnt Orange has a elegant yet casual vibe, whilst offering some amazing views of Sydney Harbour as you enjoy a delicious high tea. Sit back, relax and unwind on their wrap-around verandah that makes sure those views don’t get missed. Originally built in the 1920s, this stunning high tea spot is also rich in history and culture.
Their high tea is served on Avoca crockery and includes some familiar staples, such as finger sandwiches and freshly baked scones, along with their signature tart with blood orange curd and some other tantalising treats. Wash it down with a tea or coffee, or a glass of bubbles if you fancy!
Let’s not forget their delightful kid’s menu, with sprinkles galore, gingerbread topped sandwiches, and other delicious treats. Perfect option for a special day out, or even a kid’s birthday party.
- Address: 1109 Middle Head Road, Mosman
- Phone: (02) 9969 1120
- Available: Weekdays from 12pm and weekends at 3.30pm. A 50% deposit is required to secure the booking.
- Traditional High Tea $55
- Sparkling High Tea $65
- Children’s High Tea $40
- Website: burntorange.com.au
The Urban Teahouse, Naremburn
If you’re a fan of afternoon tea, then head on over to The Urban Teahouse, where afternoon tea is brought down to earth in an urban village setting. Their scones are baked fresh each and every day and they have purposely kept their menu nice and simple with an attention to detail.
They are the tea specialists, so head along ready to drink! There are so many to choose from including White Deligh, Ginger Snap, Leamon Aid, Choc Orange Fudge and Dragonwell.
- Address: 292 Willoughby Road Naremburn
- Phone: 0406 480 964
- Available: Tuesday to Friday: 8am-5pm | Saturday & Sunday: 8am-4pm
- High Tea Grazing Board for 2: $40
- Afternoon Tea: $10 from 1pm
- Devonshire Tea: $10.50
- Website: theurbanteahouse.com.au
Sugar’n Spice, Chatswood
There’s no time like tea time! At Sugar ‘n Spice at Chatswood Chase, Alice and their friends would like to invite you to enjoy the best dining experience ever! Their whimsical interior (based on a modern take of a scene in ‘Alice in Wonderland’) is sure to transport you into a fantasy world where “food is made fun”. This is a magical spot for high tea on the North Shore… especially if you have little ones!
Adult High Tea: 2 freshly baked scones of choice with homemade jam and clotted cream. Two handmade cakes per person. One handmade filled chocolate sculpture per person. Two flavours of ribbon sandwiches per person. Three flavours of canape per person. 1 large pot of tea from our T2 selection OR 2 small pots with flavour of choice.
Kids High Tea: Ribbon sandwich, banana and Nutella roll-up topped with M&M’s, fresh strawberries with Belgian chocolate for dipping, a pig cupcake, churro bites with Nutella dipping sauce and a choice of kid’s milkshake, iced tea or juice.
- Address: Ground Floor, G-056, Chatswood Chase
- Phone: (02) 9419 2217
- Price: Adults $99 for two | Kids $23
- Website: sugarnspice.com.au
Eden Gardens, Macquarie Park
Set beside the beautiful, lush display gardens of Eden, The Gardens Restaurant & Terrace Bar is made up of a conservatory-like indoor Restaurant with table service and an alfresco Terrace Bar for casual dining. They have recently launched a high tea menu that is available from 9am-3pm daily.
At $59pp, it’s inclusive of 1 glass of mimosa and includes a selection of sweet and savoury treats, sandwiches, tartlets, scones with cream and jam, French Press coffee or T2 teas selection. See the menu here.
- Address: 307 Lane Cove Road (cnr Fontenoy Road), Macquarie Park
- Phone: (02) 9491 9900
- Available: 9am-3pm daily
- Price: $59pp
- Website: edengardens.com.au
Hornsby RSL Club
On the upper north shore, Hornsby RSL does an amazing high tea! Level One Lounge (which has a funky bar-like vibe), serves high tea on Sunday afternoons and offers assorted sandwiches, petit fours, mini quiches and freshly baked scones with preserves and cream. If you’re looking for the best value high tea, this is where you will find it.
Choose from five different options:
- Standard ($41)– this comes with tea only
- Bubbly ($48) – comes with a glass of Seppelt Fleur De Lys
- Cocktail ($54)– includes an exclusive or class cocktail
- French ($63) – with a glass of Veuve Clicquot Yellow Label Brut
- Kids ($28) – choose from a special kids menu
- Address: Level One Lounge, 4 High Street, Hornsby
- Phone: (02) 9477 7777
- Available: First Sunday of the month from 1pm
- Price: Standard $34, Bubbly $41, Cocktail $44, French $52
- Website: hornsbyrsl.com.au
The Verandah, Beecroft
You can book a high tea at The Verandah to celebrate your next big event, with a minimum number of 10 people needed. Enjoy classic sandwiches with a twist, homemade scones with cream, jam and Pepe Saya butter, cocktail-size handmade savoury bakes and a selection of sweet treats.
Choose from four different options:
- $45 for their standard high tea
- $55 with a Josef Chromy Mimosa
- $60 with 90 Minute Bowls Session
- $75 with a Josef Chromy Mimosa & a 90 Minute Bowls Session
- Address: 128 Copeland Rd, Beecroft
- Phone: (02) 9484 1167
- Available: Book in advance with a minimum of 10 guests
- Price: From $45
- Website: theverandahbeecroft.com.au
The Centre Cafe, Dural
Looking for something special to brighten your day? Their delectable High Teas are now available in person OR takeaway Monday to Friday. In-person you will be served in the house on gorgeous china stands by their friendly staff. There is even a kid’s high tea available and a fenced playground next to the dining area, perfect for mummy and me dates or to keep the kids busy while you relax and enjoy.
High tea needs to be booked the day before, available from 9:30am on weekdays.
Their take-away high tea for two people comes set up on our gorgeous four-tier takeaway stands, ready to serve. It includes Chocolate & Strawberries, 4 high-end tarts from Zest Patisserie, 2 house made scones, 2 individual strawberry jams, fresh creams prepared in house, 4 gourmet sandwiches (2x chicken & herb, 2x cream cheese & walnut), your choice of barrista made tea or coffee.
- Address: 1 Pellitt Lane, Dural
- Phone: (02) 8989 0030
- Available: From 9.30am weekdays
- Price: $60 for two people
- Website: thecentredural.org.au/cafe
The Vintage Pantry, Galston
Come and celebrate your next special event at The Vintage Pantry: Secret Garden with their exclusive High Tea! Together with their vintage fit-out, high tea decor, fresh flowers and outdoor garden, experience our delicious menu and beautiful ambience.
Enjoy their beautiful three-tier stand, featuring their mouth-watering selection of sweet delicacies, all baked onsite and made with love by their very own pastry chef. Their high tea also includes delicious scones, savoury items and of course finger sandwiches.
- Address: 353 Galston Rd, Galston
- Phone: (02) 9653 1500
- Available: 8am-4pm, 7 days
- Price: $55 per person (minimum of two) | Kids under 12 $35 per person
- Website: thecentredural.org.au/cafe