With the Spring School Holidays almost upon us, you might be keen for your children to enjoy some face-to-face activities with other kids. We have good news! Gowrie North Sydney Vacation Care is running these holidays, and it has a jam-packed schedule of daily events for kids to enjoy! Spots are booking fast, so be sure to secure your days quickly…
If you’re looking for a bit of breathing space these school holidays so you can work from home in peace, or get on with your other daily jobs, we have exciting news! Gowrie’s North Sydney Community and North Sydney Grandstand Vacation Care offers daily programs with an action-packed schedule of hands-on creativity, exploration, investigation, and fun! From art & drama to science and sports, music, environmental projects and more.
After all the hard yards we have all put into home learning for the past 10 weeks, it’s safe to say we all deserve a bit of a break this holiday period.
5 reasons to sign your child up for some holiday fun
1. Safe, happy & empowering environment
Gowrie’s program is built on positive interactions, enriching experiences, and provides a safe, happy and empowering environment. It is guided by ‘My Time, Our Place’, the National Curriculum Framework for School Age Care in Australia and revised each school holiday period – built on children’s interests, their input and developmental age. The program includes a mix of incursions and in-house activities. The daily activities on offer may change due to NSW Health Advice and Restrictions.
Real social. Not screen social!
Vacation care encourages face to face group activities, like sports and team games. Interacting with other children means that they will develop skills in:
- Conflict resolution
- Empathy skills
- Confidence and resilience.
2. Qualified ‘fun’ educators
Gowrie Vacation Care programs are delivered by a team of professional educators and support staff, dedicated to providing a high-quality fun and engaging program in a nurturing, stimulating and supportive environment.
Their qualified Vacation Care educators:
- Encourage children’s curiosity, exploration and problem solving
- Value and respect children’s ideas and questions
- Support children to build positive relationships with others
- Respect the individuality of all children
3. Covid Safe
Gowrie NSW Vacation Care remains open as they are considered an essential service.
They are delighted to be able to provide care for children of both essential workers, and non-essential workers, every day of the week. This will bring some much-needed relief for families who have been home schooling, and for families who need to work.
4. Fun-filled timetable
Want to know what your kids can get up to each day? Gowrie has a fun-filled program planned:
- Welcome to Spring: Come join in creating your own mini pot plants. Also, explore the spring vegetables and fruits through art and craft stamping experience.
- Shadow Art: Use objects and toys around the centre to create cool shadow art! Also, explore stickers by numbers and group challenges outdoors.
- Basket Weaving: Using Twine, raffia or yarn create baskets and friendship bracelets and learn how to use a simple traditional weaving pattern with grass.
- STEM Challenges: Build your own straw bridge as you explore fun ways to strengthen children’s science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) skills.
- Art Attack: Explore your creative side with a day of crazy arts and crafts. Explore crazy hairstyles and colourific face paints. Explore some fun team building outdoor games in the warmer weather too.
- Teddy Bear Picnic: Create your own teddy for a teddy bears picnic. Enjoy some delicious apple nachos.
- Harry Potter madness: Dear Young Witch/Wizards, you are hereby invited to attend a day of Magic and Mystery! With potions and food science on the menu.
- Canvas Art: They will foster children’s art expression and creative exploration. They are also putting on a Community Talent Show – show them what you’ve got.
- Jewellery & Clay Pendants: Create your own haram bead designs and patterns. While exploring the pattern making skills enjoy some crafty experiences using the art element of shape and design.
- Sand Art: A colourful sand experience, explore sand art designs and decoration jars. You will also make some delicious take-home treats.
- Mini Master Chef: Calling all mini master chefs! Come along and join for a day of pizza making and mini cupcakes with delicious toppings.
- Make Me A Rock Star: Children will gain confidence, building their self-esteem through story-telling and performance skills then putting on a Grandstand Talent Show.
- Mini Olympics: Ready set go! Make your way through the obstacle maze and join us for a soccer tournament and soccer drills.
- LEGO Building: Build a passion for Engineering. Children have a natural curiosity that lends itself to science, technology, maths and engineering.
View the full timetable
5. Casual Bookings
Just looking for a day here or there during the holidays? No problem! Bookings can be casual (daily), or full time.
Everyone is welcome! Children aged 4-12 from all schools are welcome to attend. The educators are there to support your children and help them to explore, learn and play through what is a very challenging time.
You can also enjoy your days at home with these tips on making the most of holidays during lockdown.
Numbers are limited, so be sure to book your desired days ASAP. Fill out the form below, or call 0418 999 129 to enrol your child today.
The Gowrie action-packed, fun and engaging daily program, also includes a healthy afternoon tea. It’s for children aged 4- 12 years old.
- Week 1: Monday 20 September – Friday 24 September, 8am-6pm
- Week 2: Monday 27 September – Friday 1 October, 8am-6pm
Essential Details: Gowrie
- Address: 220 Miller Street North Sydney, NSW 2060 | North Sydney Oval. Fig Tree Lane, North Sydney
- Phone: 0418 999 129
- Website: North Sydney Community | North Sydney Grandstand