Looking for a COVID-19 Testing Clinic around the North Shore? As restrictions start to lift across NSW, it’s vital we don’t become complacent about the dangers of Coronavirus. If you feel like you’re coming down with something… even if it’s just a sniffle, it’s best to be proactive and get tested for COVID-19. And stay home, until you get the results!
Getting tested for Covid-19 is easy. There are now COVID-19 Clinics as well as free COVID-19 GP Respiratory Clinics up and running around Sydney’s North Shore.
Testing is recommended if you have a fever, cough, sore throat or shortness of breath and meet the current testing criteria.
As Hornsby Hospital share on their Facebook page, “Even if you have mild symptoms like fever, cough, sore or scratchy throat, change in taste or smell, stuffy nose or shortness of breath – please go and get tested. The COVID-19 test is quick and easy and you will receive your test results within 72 hours. While you’re waiting to receive your results, please stay home and isolate.”
Covid-19 Testing Clinics around Sydney’s North Shore
|Location||Address||How to book|
|Royal North Shore Hospital||Reserve Road, St Leonards||No appointment or referral required. Turn up.|
|Roseville Respiratory Clinic||132 Pacific Highway, Roseville||0434 189 047|
|Killara Drive Through Clinic||28 Stanhope Rd, Killara|
St Ives Community Centre
|Memorial Avenue, St Ives||No appointment or referral required. Turn up.|
|Hillview Community Health Centre||1334 Pacific Hwy, Turramurra|
|Hornsby Ku-ring-gai Hospital||Building 1, Palmerston Road, Hornsby||No appointment or referral required. Turn up.|
|Douglass Hanly Moir Pathology||5 Forest Way, Frenchs Forest||Appointment & referral required|
|MedLab Pathology||8 Hilmer St, Frenchs Forest||Referral required. Turn up.|
|Ryde Respiratory Clinic||11 Khartoum Road, Macquarie Park||Referral not required. Book online|
|Ryde Hospital||Denistone Road, Eastwood||No appointment or referral required. Turn up.|
|Northern Beaches Hospital||105 Frenchs Forest Road (West), Frenchs Forest||No appointment or referral required. Turn up.|
|Dee Why Respiratory Clinic||G/5 Mooramba Road, Dee Why||Book online|
|Mona Vale Hospital||Coronation St, Mona Vale||No appointment or referral required. Turn up.|
Note: Clinics and opening hours are changing frequently. Information correct on 23 July 2020.
What North Shore Mums have to say about their COVID-19 tests
Feeling sick, and need to choose a COVID-19 Testing Clinic around the North Shore? Our mums share their experiences.
- ‘Royal North Shore Hospital has a great testing centre and quick results.’ – Carolyn
- ‘Roseville Respiratory Clinic – quick and easy and results in less than 24 hours. It’s behind the medical centre on the Pacific Highway next to Pizza Olla. You need to call for an appointment but it’s quick and easy.’ – Sarah
- ‘I went to Roseville Respiratory Clinic and it’s only a throat swab there – not uncomfortable at all and done in 5 minutes. Results are also now coming through the next day.’ – Michelle
- ‘We went to Hornsby Hospital to get tested. We had to wait for about an hour in the emergency department, but once we got through it only took 5 minutes for the whole family.’ – Rosie
- ‘The drive through at Macquarie Park is highly recommended and results received following morning via text’ – Angela
- ‘Ryde Hospital testing was easy.. drive in and they had signs where to park and you call a number and they will instruct you. No appointment, took 10 mins and they provided instructions on how to register your phone number to receive results.’ – Zoe
- ‘I took my son to Laverty head office in Macquarie Park last week it was drive through and so easy!’ – Nicci
- ‘I had Covid test last week – drive thru at Northern Beaches Hospital. Took ten mins. No bookings needed. Was simple and got results back within a day and a half. All I had was a sniffle and slightly sore throat.’ – Amber
- ‘It was very quick and easy for me to get my son tested at the Northern Beaches Hospital – he had a cough, which was his asthma. Drove around the the back of the hospital where they have the testing set up, waiting for a couple of people in front, gave his details, sat in a charge and they swabbed him (I bribed him with marshmallows to let them do it easily). Got the results within 12 hours through the text message system.’ – Amie
The COVID-19 Test: What happens
The Covid-19 test takes less than 30 seconds. The doctor will do one throat swab and two deep nasal swabs. Although slightly uncomfortable, it’s quick and painless.
- ‘It didn’t hurt just made my eyes water’ – Michelle
- ‘We were tested at a drive-thru clinic 2 days ago. Swabbed back of my throat and up one nostril only. Exactly the same for my 8 year old. Only about 3 secs each swab for me and maybe 2 secs for him. One nostril only.’ – Charlotte
- ‘I found it uncomfortable not painful… and it literally lasts less than a min’ – Danielle
- ‘My four year old had it and it wasn’t anything like I’ve heard about like adults have had. He didn’t even jump. Although he did say after ‘that doctor shouldn’t have put a stick in my nose’ – Kathleen
Getting your COVID-19 results
Results can take up to 72 hours (3 days) to come through. All patients tested for COVID-19 are required to home isolate until test results are provided by medical staff.
Getting tested at hospital
If you are tested at a NSW Health public hospital fever clinic, COVID-19 clinic or emergency departments, your results can be sent directly to you as an text message (SMS). Your local hospital health team will provide you with details on how to register. Results will typically be available 24 to 72 hours after testing.
If you test positive, you will be called by a healthcare professional.
Getting tested at at GP or Respiratory Clinic
If your test is arranged through a GP practice, including COVID-19 GP respiratory clinics run by the Australian Government, please check with them how you will be informed of your result.