Calling all loyal subjects of the realm! St Ives Medieval Faire is catapulting into St Ives this month, complete with grand tournaments, brave knights, fearsome Vikings and lavish food! Read on for how to get the top royal treatment with a VIP pack including an authentic medieval feast…
The castle gates are open, and the drawbridge has been lowered…so, step into a captivating world of grand tournaments, brave knights, fearsome Vikings and lavish food at St Ives Showground at the fifth annual St Ives Medieval Faire!
For two exciting days on Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 September, the showground will be hay-strewn and hand-forged into an accurate recreation of daily life in Medieval Europe.
Watch stately knights in full armour in action-packed horseback jousts, duck and dive as live giant falcons swoop down on their prey, admire the precision of deadly archers as they hit their targets, behold the power of a magnificent giant wooden catapult, and taste the gourmet foods, ales and meads!
Don’t miss these 2018 Faire highlights:
- International Solid Lance Jousting Tournament – the only one in the Southern Hemisphere! Full Flight Birds of Prey demonstrations
- Glorious Battles! Vikings, Normans and Anglo-Saxons face the might of the Byzantines
- Crusaders clash for honour. Plate-armoured knights prove their skill at arms
- Long Table Gourmet Feasts
- Custom-Made Special Edition Ales & Mead
- The Living History Village featuring five key areas travelling through the Vikings, Byzantines, Crusades, the Hundred Years War, the Wars of the Roses and into the 17th C
- Longbow archery displays
- Costume competitions and parades (with prizes)
- Trebuchet Catapult & Canons
- Crafters & Artisans Markets & All-Day Workshops
- Live Music & Entertainment
Kids’ activities including play battles, puppetry, dress-ups, face-painting, animal farm, juggling, Medieval dance lessons, craft and stories.
For the Holy Grail of Medieval experiences:
A VIP Royal Court Experience option is on offer (simply add onto your ticket) featuring:
- A long table Feast with authentic medieval dishes of suckling pig, spatchcock, parsnip pies, soups, cherry tarts and more
- An all-day Grazing Table
- Private Bar
- Horse-Drawn Carriage Transfers from the front gate to the VIP Marquee
- Premium members’ seating for the Joust
This two-day celebration of medieval history is the nation’s premier medieval history event, held in high regard amongst medieval re-enactors for its historical authenticity. Over 350 re-enactors will travel from across our nation to offer you a time-travelling experience for (and of) the ages, with such incredible attention to detail you’ll feel like you’ve stepped into another time.
- Where: St Ives Showground, 450 Mona Vale Road, St Ives.
- When: Saturday September 22nd and Sunday September 23rd. Gates open 9am – 5pm.
- Transport: On-site parking and a shuttle bus from Gordon are available
- Tickets: $45 Adults and $18 Children, with Daily – Weekend Passes, Early Bird also available. Door sales are limited so book online and book early to avoid missing out. More ticket details here.