Mount St Benedict College is a Catholic, girls high school of Good Samaritan education, offering holistic education based on Benedictine values of Pax, Hospitality and Stewardship.
Inspired and informed by our Good Samaritan heritage, Mount St Benedict College educates young women in a Catholic community where all are encouraged to contribute with the gifts given to them to make a difference in the world.
In pursuing our Mission, Mount St Benedict College:
- encourages students and community members to recognise God’s presence in their lives and to develop their spiritual life in the Benedictine tradition of simplicity, community and balance
- embraces the Benedictine values of Pax, Hospitality and Stewardship
- fosters in each student a desire to pursue personal excellence and fulfilment through life-long learning, reflection and sharing of her gifts and talents in service of others
- challenges each student to listen, question and discern meaning in the search for truth, understanding and wisdom
- responds to and supports the needs and interests of each student through a broad, flexible and innovative curriculum
- provides an environment which allows girls to develop and affirm their strength as women of and for the world
- nurtures and promotes respectful relationships
- equips students to face life’s challenges with resourcefulness, confidence and compassion
- stirs a personal and community response to injustice through reflection and action
- instils in each student a responsibility to be active stewards of the environment and natural resources.