The Solus E-newsletter is the most premium advertising option for North Shore Mums, and is only offered to businesses that align with the North Shore Mums demographic and will add value to their lives. If your brand is the right fit, it’s a brilliant way of getting noticed by local mums on Sydney’s North Shore!
The subscribers to the North Shore Mums database are in that unique demographic that is hard-to-reach as so many marketers want their attention. We have built a loyal audience since 2012, delivering highly targeted e-newsletters full of the content that they want to see. This means that all of the subscribers want to be there and keeps our open rate and click rate much higher than the Australian average across any sector.
Our demographic is highly desirable for many marketers, so it’s understandable that they are protective of their privacy and don’t want irrelevant messaging hitting their inbox.
For this reason, we are very selective about the brands that we allow to run a solus newsletter, and we will never run more than one per week.
We want our readers to want to open emails from North Shore Mums, for it to be relevant to them, and for there to be some value for them.
If you’re viewing this page, there’s a good chance you’ve already been provisionally accepted as a suitable brand to run a Solus Newsletter campaign.
The Solus E-newsletter Package includes:
- Solus email – E-newsletter sent to the North Shore Mum subscribers, purely for your business. There are no distractions, and the only place to click will direct them to either your website or our website for more information.
- Facebook page – Post on North Shore Mums Facebook page, boosted to 5000 reach (can be a video or photo)
- Facebook group – Pinned post in Announcements section of North Shore Mums Facebook group, for 24 hours.
Cost = $0.15 per subscriber. As at January 2022, we have 12,000 subscribers, so the total cost is currently $1800+gst
Solus newsletters are sent to our subscribers (who haven’t opted out of special emails) – around 12,000 North Shore Mums.
Open rates for Solus Emails are typically around 30-34%, which is significantly higher than the industry average of 20.9% for Media & Publishing sites. Businesses can expect anywhere from 100-300 clicks to their chosen online destination(s), but this depends hugely on many different factors, such as:
- Is the brand appealing, relevant and exciting for North Shore Mums?
- Is there a wide appeal to many people? For example, a business that is relevant to mums at all stages of the parenting journey will a higher open and click rate than one that specifically targets a certain age group (example parents of toddlers vs. women 30-50 years).
- Is there a compelling offer or call to action?
- Are there more than one reasons to click (for example, a festival with many different events)?
- Urgency, subject line, timing (do people have enough notice to book?).
Code Camp ran a Solus E-newsletter on 14 December 2021 to Win a $500 Code Camp voucher. View the Code Camp solus enewsletter
- Opens: 3737 (31.8%)
- Clicks: 121 (1.0%)
Sydney Opera House
Sydney Opera House booked a Solus E-newsletter on 29 November 2021 to promote their Summer kids shows. View the Sydney Opera House solus enewsletter.
- Opens: 3739 (31.3%)
- Clicks: 130 (1.1%)
The Verandah Beecroft
The Norths Collective ran a Solus E-newsletter on 25 October 2021 to promote membership of their new venue, The Verandah. View the Verandah solus enewsletter
- Opens: 3593 (30.2%)
- Clicks: 218 (1.8%)
Willoughby Council ran a Solus E-newsletter in September 2020 to promote the events at Emerge Festival. View the Emerge Festival solus enewsletter.
- Opens: 2383 (21%)
- Clicks: 299 (2.6%)
Solus E-newsletter Examples
All newsletters can be customised to your particular message and graphics. View a few recent examples of other Solus E-newsletters:
- Prepare Early Education Centre
- Emerge Festival
- Motiv8 Holiday Camps
- Future Stars ELC
- Cluey Learning
- Baby & Toddler Show
- Chatswood Chase
If you’d like to go ahead, please complete the online booking form below. We will draft the solus email, and send you a test email for any changes.
An invoice will be emailed to you separately for payment.