We’re super excited… the brand new playground at Waitara Park is almost completed and is due to open at the end of March!
This playground gets the tick of approval from us in all areas! There’s not only a huge range of play equipment to all ages and abilities (which means that toddlers, pre-schoolers and primary school-aged siblings can all enjoy it!), it also features:
- A fence the whole way around (excellent news if you have a runner who likes to explore!)
- Shade sails
- Picnic shelters, seating & BBQs
- Nearby accessible toilets
- Nearby paths for scooting and riding bikes
- Nearby coffee
- Nearby parking (street or underground)
Plus, there’s also lots of room to run around on the oval too (providing there are no sporting matches happening, of course!). Thank you, Hornsby Council!
The Play Equipment
Although the playground isn’t open yet, we visited the park to take some photos through the fence.
There’s lots of fun equipment for children of all ages, such as:
- Amazon Tower with huge slide
- Inclusive Multi-Play Unit
- Inclusive swings
- Inclusive roundabout
- Inclusive spinner
- Musical flowers
- Cubby house
- Hip-hop spinner
- Toddler slide
- Inclusive Car play Piece
- Inclusive Carousel
- Junior & toddler Swings
If it starts to rain or you’re in need of a decent coffee or snack, the PCYC is just a few minutes walk around to the other side of Mark Taylor Oval. You can dine at the cafe, or take it away back to the playground. There’s also a lovely little indoor play area for toddlers and pre-schoolers too.
We’ll be back with more photos once the playground is in action!
- Address: 22 Waitara Avenue, Waitara
- Parking: Street parking, or there is an underground car park at the PCYC with 87 parking spaces
- Nearest Station: 400m walk from Waitara station or 1km walk from Hornsby