It’s easy to feel overwhelmed and anxious by the vast amount of information about the Coronavirus dominating our Facebook newsfeed, news websites, TV, radio and just about any conversation we might have with friends, family members or even strangers. Coronavirus is an increasing concern for our community and it can be difficult to know where to find the latest information and advice.
If you want the latest up-to-date facts on this virus, the below website and phone numbers are the best source of reliable, trustworthy information.
- Coronavirus Information Phone line: 1800 020 080 if you have symptoms or questions about your health and don’t know what to do
- health.gov.au for the Australian Government’s latest information about the national response to COVID-19
- smartraveller.gov.au for travel advice about which places are least safe to travel to
- treasury.gov.au/coronavirus for information about the Australian Government’s economic response
- health.nsw.gov.au for the NSW Government’s latest health advice and the situation in our state.
With the situation changing regularly, you should keep checking these places for the latest advice.
Julian Leeser MP, Federal Member for Berowra, emailed his constituents saying, ‘We may not be immune to the coronavirus, but I want to assure you that we are taking all possible steps to protect the health of our citizens and the economy’.