It’s only November, but Christmas is well and truly in the air thanks to so many events… especially the arrival of Santa! If it’s too early for you to be baking gingerbread, try a beach festival for some sun-soaked fun by the beach. Have a good weekend!
1. Santa arrives at shopping centres around the North Shore
Santa and his friends will be arriving at the Chatswood Chase with a day full of performances, craft workshops, gingerbread decorating and more this Saturday.
The day will commence at 10am with a special parade featuring Santa and Mrs Claus, a very merry marching-band, an assortment of festive characters, and culminating in a special presentation of Clara’s Tale of the Nutcracker in Centre Court.
On every level of the Centre there will be wonderous things happening including crafts, gingerbread decorating, roaming entertainment including elves on stilts, singing angels and the fabulous Rockette-style Christmas Belles.
From 1pm in Centre Court, families are invited to meet Santa for Christmas photos in a beautifully designed festive setting. Photos can be booked online at chatswoodchasesydney.com.au to avoid the queue.
St Ives Shopping Village
Welcome Santa, Mrs Claus, Rudolph and their Christmas friends to The Village and join in the parade on Saturday 16 November at 9.30am. Be sure to snap a selfie with Rudolph or the Gingerbread Man who will be handing out candy canes to all. Plus, FREE Christmas face painting in the Market Room from 10am-1pm. Details.
Some more fun Christmas events to try:
- Santa photos! Where to find the big man in red around Sydney’s North Shore
- Get started on your Christmas shopping list with our Gift Guide
- Christmas Traditions! Gingerbread House Decorating Events
- North Shore restaurants open for Christmas Day lunch 2019
2. Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School Family Fun Fair, Pymble
Come and enjoy a fabulous Family Fun Fair at Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School in Pymble on Sunday 17 November, from 10.30am-3pm.
There will be rides for all ages as well as games, prizes, amazing food stalls, live music and entertainment.
There will be a kiddies corner for the little ones which will include a petting zoo, balloon sculpting, face painting and a bubble machine. And for the older kids, there’s a Nerf Gun activity for the kids to have a session with their class mates.
- When: Sunday 17 November, from 10.30am-3pm
- Where: Sacred Heart Catholic Primary School, Pymble
3. Wizard of Oz, Theatre in the Park, Killara
Come and see the concept for the New Community Performance Space for Marian Street Theatre a stage for a diverse range of artists and talented community performers on Sunday 17 November.
Enjoy a performance of the Wizard of Oz and a special performance by Marian Street Theatre for Young People. Children will enjoy a mask making workshop and refreshments will be available on the day.
- When: Sunday 17 November, from 10.30am-12.30pm
- Where: Selkirk Park, Killara
Friday 15 November
- The Chatswood Mall Market (Chatswood Mall) – Every Thursday and Friday, 9am-9pm
- The Beaches Market (Warriewood) – Every Friday, 8am-1pm
- Chinatown Night Market (Haymarket)- Friday nights, 4-11pm
Saturday 16 November
- Chatswood Organic Food & Farmers Market – Saturdays from 8am-1pm
- Cambridge Markets (Entertainment Quarter, Moore Park) – Every Wednesday & Saturday, 8am-2pm
- Carriageworks Farmers Market (Eveleigh) – Every Saturday, 8am-1pm
- Eastwood Night Markets – Saturday nights, 4pm-10pm
- Lifeline $2 Book Clearance Sale (Saturday 2 November, 2019 – Sunday 3 November)
- Hornsby Welcome Market (Saturday 2 November, 8:30 am to 4:00 pm)
- Berowra Community Markets, Berowra (Saturday 2 November 9:00 am to 2:00 pm )
- Eastwood Night Markets Saturday nights, 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm
- Twilight Community Market, North Ryde, Saturday 9 November between 4.00-8.00pm
Sunday 17 November
5. The Wahu Beach Rugby Fives Tournament, Newport Beach
The Wahu Beach Rugby Fives Tournament will be held this Sunday 17 November at beautiful Newport Beach. Commencing with games between Sydney Junior Rugby Union under 11 and under 13 teams and including rugby skill zones, Wahu Races, kids’ games, face painting and giveaways, it’ll be a day of rugby-fun.
The day will include awesome games and activities, Beach Rugby Fives on NSW Rugby’s Inflatable Field, meet Rugby Legends including Lote Tuqiri, Phil Waugh, Dean Mumm and more, Wahu Races, giveaways and prizes.
- When: Sunday 17 November
- Where: Newport Beach
- Cost: Free