Looking for something fun to do this weekend? Watch some Disney classics on the big screen at the Disney BFF Film Festival, do some shopping (with all funds to RFSA), catch a footy match or hit the markets!
What’s on this weekend: Sydney
1. Fundraising for NSW RFSA, St Ives Shopping Village
Visit a two-day pop-up booth event at St Ives Village
Visit a two-day pop-up booth event that’s fundraising for NSW RFSA at St Ives Village on Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 February, with 100% of sales donated to RFSA.
Shop beautiful handmade Aboriginal print bucket hats, boomerang bibs, and tribal bags, along with handmade scrunchies and paintings that are specially crafted by local mums for this event. 100% of the proceeds (minus EFTPOS fees) will go to the RFSA.
There will also be a giant thank you card for you to pen your love and gratitude towards our firemen, who have selflessly protected us during these challenging times. A gold coin donation will be greatly appreciated.
The funds raised will contribute towards:
- Meals for firefighters before and after firefighting
- Basic care packs including toiletries and t-shirts
- Funds to support recovery and time with their families
Since fires began in August, RFSA has utilised $250,000 alone on care packs, t-shirts, and meals but the RFSA requires more and ongoing support. There are over 72,000 volunteer firefighters in NSW.
- When: Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 February
- Where: St Ives Village, Level 1 – opposite NAB
- More details: Fundraising for NSW RFSA
If you can’t make it, don’t forget you can find other ways to show support, such as Empty Esky and Spend with Them: Helping Bushfire Recovery
Head to Event Cinemas Hornsby to see your favourite Disney movies on the big screen from Saturday 22 February to Saturday 15 March. This weekend, it’s Aladdin!
- Aladdin – 22 & 23 February
- Toy Story – 29 February & 1 March
- The Little Mermaid – 7 & 8 March
- The Lion King – 14 & 15 March
Tickets are only $8* each so it’s the perfect day out with friends and family to relive all of these Disney classics. So grab your besties and buy your tickets today!