If you’ve taken your children to Wannabees, you’ll already know that it’s an awesome spot to let the kids explore and have some imaginary fun in the multitude of themed play rooms… but they offer so much more! From weekly classes, Before & After School Care and a Drop & Shop service, there’s something for kids of all ages and stages!
Drop & Shop
When you’ve got little ones, finding the time to do something for yourself can seem all too hard. Whether you need to get a hair cut, want to catch up with a friend for lunch or want to do some shopping, it’s so much more relaxing when you don’t have to drag the kids around with you.
If you don’t have the luxury of on-call grandparents, an au pair or a nanny, there is a solution! It’s the Drop & Shop service at Wannabees. You can leave your child (or children!) at Wannabees, where they will be looked after by a qualified staff member, whilst you can have a couple of hours to yourself at Westfield Hornsby to do things like…
- Get some shopping done in peace and quiet (whether that’s the groceries or a few new items for your wardrobe!)
- Pamper yourself at one of the many nail salons, beauty salons or spas at Westfield Hornsby
- Catch up on some work or your ‘to do’ list on your laptop at a cafe (you get 3 hours free Wi-Fi)
- Catch up with a friend for lunch
- Medical appointment
So why not give yourself the luxury of a few child-free hours? You deserve it! You’re kids will have an absolute ball at Wannabees, be well taken care of… and if they do miss you, you’re only a few minutes away.
- Cost: 1 hour = $25 for one child, $15 for additional sibling | 2 hours = $30 for one child, $20 for additional siblings
- Available: Monday-Friday, 10am-2pm & 3.30-5.30pm | Saturday-Sunday: 10.30am-4.30pm
- Ages: Children 4+ years. Must be toilet trained
Before & After School Care (OOSH)
Need care for your child before or after school? You can now have them looked after at Wannabees Hornsby! Wannabees OOSH is a DET Approved Before and After School Service that gives your child all the benefits of a smaller group in a safe, fun and different environment from school.
There’s lots of reasons to choose Wannabees:
- Daily programs according to children’s interests like science, cooking and craft
- Small groups, so the individual needs of each child can be catered for
- Homework and reading support
- Convenient location with easy access to parking and transport
- Free school pick up & drop off from from Asquith, Waitara, Warrawee and Hornsby Heights Public Schools
- Approved for Child Care Subsidy
- Permanent or casual bookings welcome
If you don’t need the transportation, you can drop your child from 3.30 to 6.15pm Monday to Friday during school term. For casual bookings just book 24 hours in advance.
Cost: (CCB & CCR apply)
- Before school care $25
- After school care $38
- Combined BSC & ASC $60
- Casual bookings $40
Head Start Weekly Classes
Wannabees Headstart is a wonderful educational program to boost your child’s confidence and social skills, and runs during term time.
Mini Bees (1-3 years old) | Wednesday, 9.30am
The Mini Bees program has a variety of hands-on and engaging activities such as story time, music and dance, arts and crafts, letter, colour and number recognition, active play, my lovely toys and much more. There are four key developmental areas addressed by the Mini Bees program:
- Cognitive Development
- Social and Emotional Development
- Fine Motor Skills Development
- Gross Motor Skills Development
Pre-Kindy (4-5 years old) | Thursday, 9.30am
The Pre-Kindy program is designed to reinforce and enrich your child’s literacy, language and communication, numeracy, health and physical wellbeing, social and self help skills.
The activities are hands-on and creative; they will get your child’s imagination buzzing, giving them a head start in school, and helping them become confident and positive learners. There are the five key developmental areas addressed by the Pre Kindy program:
- Health and Physical Wellbeing
- Literacy & Numeracy
- Creativity, Language & Communication
- Social Skills
- Self-help Skills
Don’t delay! The Headstart program starts this week (Wednesday 24 and Thursday 25 July). It runs for 8 weeks, with each class 45 minutes. Plus, your kids can stay on and play after the class (small additional cost).
- Single: $20 per class. Additional $8 to stay and play after the class finishes
- Term 3 (8 classes): $142. Additional $40 to stay and play after the class finishes
- Address: Westfield Hornsby. Shop 2042, 236 Pacific Highway, Hornsby (opposite Fernwood)
- Phone: 8021 6902