Twinkle Kids Cafe is the latest children’s cafe to scope out a spot on the North Shore! An application for a $550,000 development at St Leonards is being weighed up by North Sydney Council.
Twinkle Kids Cafe has proposed a 250-seat space at St Leonards, where kids can snack, climb and play all day!
The indoor playcentre and diner has a successful business at Burwood, and now its bringing its combination of role play (there’s dress ups and a mini-grocer and doctor surgery) and physical play ( a slide, climbing structure and ball pit) to the neighbourhood!
The pandemic in 2020 saw many play centres struggle, with the closure of Wannabees and Inflatable World Mt Kuring-gai. But more recently, the scene seems to be a resurgence in kids centres, with Kiddo Kove opening at Hornsby Westfield and parents raving about Kids World Playland at Macquarie Centre.
The application describes the work as a fit-out and use of Level 1 as indoor recreation facility and cafe with capacity of 250 persons with associated signage. The hours of operation would be Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm, plus Saturday, Sunday, Public Holidays 9am – 8pm.
Twinkle Kids Cafe: What to Expect
The current Twinkle offers all the below:
- Equipment: Ball pit, double slides, climbing frames
- Freeplay: Cubby house, ride-on cars, miniature piano, extensive toy collections
- Roleplay: Costumes (astronaut, doctor, ballerina) and wigs, plus play ares eg grocery store, vet, doctor
- Cafe: Coffees, light snacks (eg banana bread, hot chips, toasties), meals and treats (cupcakes, ice-cream)
- Store: Parents can purchase kids stuff such as cast-die cars, Hello Kitty plate sets and gadgets