You only have a split second to impress! Why?
In an instant you are assessed for your professional competence, integrity and personality. Your profile picture on any social media platform whether it be Linkedin, Facebook, your website, publication, newsletter or business card is critical to getting that next career change or opportunity.
I am sure you all know someone who has a great camera and could take your profile picture, but do they know how to capture the true essence of who you are? Will that photograph get the job you would like? How serious are you about nailing that job?
I have a list of what to do, in order to get that great shot that will serve you for years to come:
- Find the right photographer. Someone who you feel comfortable with (but not too comfortable!).
- The location of the shoot needs to complement your career choice. For example, a boardroom for a CEO, a café for a small business owner or just in your workplace if that suits. Please no shots on the beach, at the gym or running marathons, it’s just not going appropriate (unless you are a life saver or personal trainer!).
- Wear what you normally would in your work environment so that you feel comfortable, look comfortable and will be true to what you do. For men, make sure you are freshly shaven and for women, appropriate make-up and jewellery.
- You need to have a pleasant, confident and approachable look that is friendly and expresses vivaciousness and life.
- I’m sure we all love photographs of ourselves 10 years ago but using these as our profile shot is not going to work as it shows a misleading representation of who you really are! Embrace who you look like because in 10 years time you will love the profile photograph you have today! We women are very mean to ourselves, we are our worst critics, we need to embrace and empower our femininity!
- Having a profile shot with your loved one works on a personal level but clearly is not going to help you get that job!
- Having a professional take your personal profile shot guarantees that your image will be supplied to you in the right resolution, right colour space and correct crop.
- Most importantly enjoy the moment, its not going to be torture! It is one hour out of your busy schedule to get a photograph that will last for many years to come.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER FOR NORTH SHORE MUMS
If you’d like to update your corporate image, Magdalena Photography is offering North Shore Mums a 15% discount on their services. Click here to view their latest corporate portfolio examples. Call Magdalena on 0438 844 009 or fill out the online form below.
[contact-form to=’[email protected]%26#x002c; [email protected]’ subject=’Corporate Headshot Enquiry from North Shore Mums’][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Phone’ type=’text’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]