Join Rachel Chappell and Sarah Levett on The Parenting Couch, where they’ll be discussing the big issues facing mums across Australia – and talking to the parenting pros for their expert tips & advice. This brand new podcast will release new episodes every second Wednesday.
Meet The Parenting Couch podcast hosts
Rachel Chappell (Founder, North Shore Mums)
Rachel Chappell lives on the upper north shore with her husband and three daughters (aged 7, 10 & 12). She started North Shore Mums Facebook group in 2012, when she moved to the area with lots of questions, but not many local friends to ask. A year later, she decided to take the Facebook group to the next level by launching the North Shore Mums website. Before children, she worked as a Marketing Manager in women’s magazines.
“I’ve been thinking about launching a podcast for the last few years, but a lack of time and know-how has prevented me from taking that next step. I was delighted with Sarah approached me with the idea of collaborating to create a podcast together. She’s got many years experience in the radio industry and has been making podcasts for the last few years, so she’s a pro with the technical side of things. Together, our skills and experience really do complement each other.”
Sarah Levett (Comedian, Former Radio Host & Celebrant)
Sarah Levett is a single Mum to her 9-year-old daughter. Sarah has spent much of her life treading the boards in many of Australia’s comedy clubs as a stand-up comic. She’s hosted breakfast radio shows in Geelong and Newcastle, and also been on air for Nova 96.9 in Sydney. Recently, she’s added marriage celebrant & wedding MC to her list of career credits.
Episode #1: Meet Rachel Chappell
In the first episode of The Parenting Couch, Rachel Chappell from North Shore Mums shares her story about how North Shore Mums started… and how, over the past 10 years, she has turned it into the parenting platform it is today. Listen now.
Episode #2 Meet Sarah Levett
In the second episode of The Parenting Couch, Sarah Levett talks about her journey so far – including her fun times in radio, growing up on the comedy circuit and challenges as a single mum! Listen now.
We’ll be releasing new episodes of The Parenting Couch podcast every fortnight, on a Wednesday.
After you’ve got to know Rachel and Sarah, we’ve got lots of great guests lined up, including:
- Kaz Cooke: one of Australia’s most loved bestselling authors, talking about how we can help our kids through puberty & body changes.
- Karen Young from Hey Sigmund: sharing her strategies for dealing with child and adolescent anxiety.
- Dr Kristy Goodwin: one of Australia’s leading digital wellbeing and performance experts (and a mum who also deals with her kids’ technotantrums!).
- Pinky McKay: one of Australia’s most recognised and respected breastfeeding experts.
- Henny Stier: from OH Property Group, sharing her top tips for buying a family home.
- Philip Heath: from Barker College, talking about why Barker decided to become a fully co-ed school.
- Arabella Gibson: CEO of The Gidget Foundation, talking about postnatal depression and how new mums can cope.
Never miss an episode!
Subscribe & Follow The Parenting Couch podcast wherever you listen to your podcasts!
Want to be involved?
Want to be a guest on the podcast? Click here to apply.
Want to sponsor an episode? Click here to find out more.