With 6-8 weeks to keep the kids busy and entertained, the planning for the summer holidays starts now! If you’re looking for some fun things to do these Summer School Holidays with kids on Sydney’s North Shore, you’ve come to the right place! Our Holiday Guide is bursting with fun options – from holiday programs, vacation care and workshops, including performing arts, public speaking, tennis, swimming, multi-sports and so much more.
- Australian National Maritime Museum (Darling Harbour)
- Bop till you Drop – Performing Arts Workshops (Mosman & Gladesville)
- Christmas at The Mix (Chatswood)
- Family Festival (Chatswood)
- Inspire Tennis – tennis camps (Killara, Roseville & Terrey Hills)
- Kool Kidzz Vacation Care (St Ives)
- Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Gardens – outdoor nature holiday program (St Ives)
- Little Shop of Waffles (Manly)
- PIEX Education: Human body STEAM program (Dural & Lidcombe)
- Jeral Puppets (Castle Cove)
- Queenwood Tennis Centre (Oxford Falls)
- Raging Waters (Prospect)
- Speaking Schools– debating & public speaking workshops (Wahroonga, Moore Park, Burwood, Parramatta & Online)
- St Ives Shopping Village – robotics, coding, posca pen decorating & plaster funhouse (St Ives)
- Tanya’s Travelling Tadpole Tuition (North Shore, Northern Beaches, Eastern Suburbs)
- TinkerTank Summer Holiday Camps (Crows Nest & Manly)
- Zone Tennis Academy (Crows Nest)
Summer School Holiday Live Shows
Puppeteria Theatre presents Jeral Puppets (Castle Cove)
Join the Jeral Puppets for a program filled with familiar stories, songs, and rhymes to engage and entertain preschool and primary-aged children! With easy parking, air-conditioning and a playground next door, a trip to the puppet show is a fun, easy and comfortable activity for kids and their parents, grandparents and carers.
- Henry Hippo’s Holiday + The Owl & The Pussycat: (2-5yrs) 9 & 12 December
- Santa & The Unicorn + Pixie’s Australia Xmas: (2-6yrs) 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 December
- The Dinosaur Show + Cinderella: (3-9yrs) 29, 30, 31 December & 3, 18 + 24 January
- Pinocchio + Puss In Boots: (3-9yrs) 5, 7, 11, 13 & 21 January
- The Octopus’s Garden Party: (2-5yrs) 12, 14, 17, 20 & 23 January
- The Three Little Pigs: (2-5yrs) 4, 6, 10, 19, 25 & 27 January
- Time: Shows at 10.30am
- Where: 12H Denawen Ave, Castle Cove
- Suited for: 2-5 years and 3-9 years
- Cost: Adults: $15 | Children: $12. Book online.
Family Festival (Chatswood)
Looking for exciting activities to entertain the kids these school holidays? Have a memorable staycation at the Chatswood Family Festival on The Concourse, with shows and activities on throughout January. There’s the Summer Escapades, theatre shows, Mini Maestros: Children’s Concert with Playschool’s Rachael Coopes, a Chatswood CBD adventure walk and great food.
- When: January 2022
- Where: The Concourse, Chatswood
- Suited for: All ages
- Website: willoughby.nsw.gov.au
Raging Waters Sydney
Raging Waters Sydney is the place to make your summer memories. Offering over 30 rides, slides and attractions Sydney’s biggest waterpark has something for everyone! Challenge your family and friends on the H2Go Racers, experience the thrills on the 360 Rush, chill out by the beach or slide Whirlwind.
Get unlimited entry these school holidays with a Season Pass.
- When: Season runs from 18 December 2021 to 24 April 2022. Operating days and hours can be found on their website.
- Where: 427 Reservoir Road, Prospect 2148 NSW
- Suited for: Families
- Cost: Tickets from $59.99 online, Season Passes from $84.99 online (prices may vary during the season)
- Website: ragingwaterssydney.com.au
Australian National Maritime Museum (Darling Harbour)
Visit the Australian National Maritime Museum this summer for creative play, art-making and scientific experiments in Kids on Deck. Explore the harbour’s smallest inhabitants at the Ocean Lab, take an adventure trail across the museum and explore the exhibitions and vessels on offer.
Patch Theatre’s Sea of Light is also making an appearance this summer bringing together magic and light where kids can traverse the sand with a UV torch, steer ships that leave glowing paths of light and dive below the surface to uncover glowing inflatables in hidden reef worlds.
- When: 26 December – 30 January: 10am, 11.15am, 12.30pm, 1.45pm, 3pm & 4.15pm
- Where: Darling Harbour
- Suited for: 4-12 years
- Cost: Adults: $25 | Children: $15. Book online.
Little Shop of Waffles, Manly
Planning a trip to Manly these holidays? Then be sure to pop into Little Shop of Waffles, Sydney’s first Bubble Waffle Café! Come burst your bubble with their selection of sweet and savoury waffles. Try Bubble Waffles, Croffles or Pom Pom Waffles, in a huge range of tempting flavours (Biscoffle, Strawberry Fields, Berrylicious, Pavlova & Chockas, to name but a few). Vegan and gluten-free options available too! They also serve refreshing gelato, coffee, milkshakes, juice and more.
Little Shop of Waffles launched on The Corso, Manly on New Year’s Day 2021 and was founded in Queenscliff by four girlfriends. After collectively spending 30 years traveling the globe, they returned to Australia with a desire to create delicious waffles that reflect some of the best parts of Australia: fresh flavours, innovative food design and a treat to be shared with loved ones by the beach.
After just a year of operation, they’re thrilled to be the winner of the 2021 Northern Beaches Local Business Awards best takeaway!
Vacation Care & Holiday Programs on the North Shore
Kool Kidzz Vacation Care (St Ives)
Located in the heart of St Ives, Kool Kidzz Vacation Care offer a wide range of educational, fun and hands-on, engaging activities such as drama, art, science, sport, dancing and more! Your kids are bound to have an amazing time learning, discovering and meeting new people! Their passionate and dedicated staff are all professional educators themselves. They pride themselves in the high-quality care and education they provide for your children.
So what are you waiting for? Head over to their website for more details.
- When: 13- 17 December + 4-21 January, 8.30am-5pm
- Where: Masada College, St Ives
- Suited for: 5-12 years
- Cost: from $78
- Book: online, 02 9539 6836, email@example.com
- Website: koolkidzz.com.au
Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden (St Ives)
Step into nature with Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden’s fantastic program of activities for children during the Summer School Holidays! All of their activities are based outdoors and comply with COVID-19 safety guidelines. Full day programs for primary-aged children include Nature Detectives, Animal Encounters, Water Play, Summer in the Great Outdoors and Bush Survival Skills. They also offer shorter Nature Play programs for younger children (0-5yrs) including Christmas in the Bush and Christmas Decoration Making.
- When: 9am to 4pm daily throughout December & January
- Where: 420 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
- Suited for: 6 – 13 years
- Cost: $70
- Website: krg.nsw.gov.au or follow on Facebook
Tanya’s Travelling Tadpole Tuition
Tanya’s Tadpoles offers holiday intensive swimming classes each week of the 2022 summer school holidays. These programs comprise one or more weeks of lessons each day in your pool. These programs provide greater continuity in the learning process and the repetition over consecutive days enables kids to retain information and improve skills to help their swimming. It is a fun activity for the holidays when kids are spending so much time in the pool or at the beach.
- When: 3-7 January (5 days) | 10-14 January (5 days) | 17-21 January (5 days) | 24-28 January (4 days)
- Locations: North Shore, Northern Beaches, Eastern Suburbs
- Age: 0-15
- Enrol: Online, 0402 002 902 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: tanyastadpoles.com.au
- Active Kids & First Lap vouchers accepted
Coding & Robotics Workshops
TinkerTank Summer Holiday Camps (Crows Nest & Manly)
Keep kids learning and engaged over the break, and most importantly, let them have fun while they level up for 2022! Your child will learn lightning fast with the right mentors. TinkerTank has Software engineers, and mechanical engineers from Macquarie, along with 3D design wizards from UTS and the University of Sydney. These TinkerTank Certified Tech-Rockstars are all WWCC and ready to help your child build confidence, have fun, and advance fast.
Kids can enjoy coding, robotics, 3D printing and plenty more holiday fun!
- When: 29 November – 17 December (weekdays) + all weekdays in January, 9am-5pm
- Where: Crows Nest & Manly
- Suited for: 6-16 years
- Cost: $64.99-$129.99
- Book: online, 1300 670 104
- Website: tinkertank.rocks
PIEX Education Human Body STEAM Holiday program (Dural & Lidcombe)
North Shore Mums Offer: Use code ‘NSM_20’ for $20 discount! Offer ends 30 December 2021.
Through their Human Body holiday program, children immerse themselves in an enriching environment to learn about coding and robotics and apply their knowledge in the topic of Human Body. Children will learn to make their very own stethoscope and uncover the organs that make up our body’s vital systems.
By the end of the PIEX program, the junior biologists will be able to place together a full skeleton and have made a functioning scientific model of the lungs. Children will also have an in-depth understanding of how coding and robotics are used as tools in modern medicine.
- When & where: Dural Public School: 11-13 January 2022, 9am-5pm | Sydney Olympic Park: 17-19 January 2022, 9am-5pm
- Suited for: 6-12 years
- Cost: $350
- Book: Online, 0422 883 015, email@example.com
- Website: piexeducation.com/holiday-program
Summer School Holiday Tennis Camps
Zone Tennis Academy Summer Holiday Camp (Crows Nest)
North Shore Mums Offer: Email with code NSM to receive 10% discount off enrolment to a junior holiday camp OR a free adult trial to one of their social tennis or ladies clinics
- When: Monday 20 – Wednesday 22 December | Monday 3 – Friday 7 January | Monday 10 – Friday 14 January | Monday 17 – Friday 21 January: (9am-12pm half day & 9am-3pm full day)
- Where: 11 Wheatleigh Street, Crows Nest
- Suited for: 5+ years (Children are grouped in suitable age and standard groups)
- Book: online, 0410 057 456 & firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: zonetennisacademy.com.au
Inspire Tennis Private Lessons & Court Hire (Killara, Roseville & Terrey Hills)
North Shore Mums Offer: Book in for a week and get 10% off! Siblings get a 5% discount.
Inspire Tennis’ School Holiday Programs are fun, exciting and provide a learning pathway for every child. The Summer school holiday camps are held in a variety of convenient tennis club locations on the North Shore, in Killara, Roseville and Terrey Hills. It’s a brilliant way for kids to spend over 20 hours each week, improving their tennis skills. There is also flexibility with casual bookings, plus before & aftercare. The programs are held every week of the holiday period rain, hail or shine!
- When: Monday 6 December – Friday 24 December | Monday 4 January – Thursday 27 January
Full day 9.30am-3pm | Half day 9.30am-12.30pm | Before care from 7.30am and after care till 6pm at a small cost (booking essential).
- Where: Killara Lawn Tennis Club & Cooroora Tennis Club (Roseville) & Terrey Hills Tennis Club
- Suited for: 3.5-15 years
- Cost: $40-$65 per day
- Book: Online (preferred), 9498 1902 Killara & Terrey Hills, 9417 6667 Roseville
- Website: inspiretennis.com.au
Queenwood Tennis Centre (Oxford Falls)
North Shore Mums Offer: Free Adult Clinic session for Mums when booking 2 days or more. Mention North Shore Mums!
Queenwood Tennis Camps are suitable for Beginner & Intermediate level children and are a great way for kids to get active, meet new friends and build on their tennis and life skills. A variety of fun and interactive games and activities. Choose from whole day, half day or full week registrations. Advanced Hitting Squads also available for the more advanced or Senior Students.
- When: Mon 6- Fri 10 Dec | Week 2: Mon 13 Dec – Fri 17 Dec | Week 3: Mon 10 Dec – Fri 14 Dec | Week 4: Mon 17 Dec – Fri 21 Dec
- Where: Queenwood Tennis Centre, Oxford Falls
- Suited for: 5-17 years
- Book: Online
- Website: queenwood.nsw.edu.au
Performing Arts Workshops
Bop till you Drop Performing Arts Workshop (Mosman & Gladesville)
North Shore Mums Offer: $20 off with code NSMN20. Offer applies to 2 day bookings only. Not valid with any other offer, except creative kids voucher.
Bop till you Drop has been running these programs for the past 18 years and are proud to have won best School Holiday Provider in 2019 – What’s On 4 Kids Awards. Their professional teachers will run a structured performing arts program with six 45-minute classes per day. Singing, dancing, drama, cooking, magic, science and craft! Their goal is to build self-esteem in your child. The children will also perform in a concert for you to witness all their new skills. This presentation will increase their confidence and public speaking skills. They want them to have fun, but also walk away with a huge sense of accomplishment.
- When: Tuesday 18 & Wednesday 19 January (Gladesville) | Thursday 20 & Friday 21 January (Mosman), 9am to 3.30pm (extended hours 8.00 – 5.00 optional extra)
- Where: Mosman & Gladesville
- Suited for: 5-12 years
- Cost: $79 per day ($158 for 2 days), siblings $30 off with 2-day bookings
- Offer: $20 off with code NSM20 (*conditions apply)
- Book: Mosman Booking Form | Gladesville Booking Form
- Contact: 1300 130 313, email@example.com
- Website: boptillyoudrop.com.au
- Creative Kids vouchers accepted
* $20 offer applies to 2-day bookings only. Not valid with any other offer, except creative kids voucher.
Summer School Holiday Public Speaking & Debating Programs
Speaking Schools Australasia (Wahroonga, Moore Park, Burwood, Parramatta & Online)
North Shore Mums Offer: Early Bird Discount, save $10 when you book before 28 November 2021.
In-person classes are back in January! After a six-month hiatus, SSA’s unique public speaking and debating programs are back at multiple venues across Sydney (as well as online), including their new venue at Knox Grammar School on the Upper North Shore. All of their classes are kept small to ensure that everyone gets plenty of opportunities to practice, and are run by an experienced, energetic and engaging coach who can bring out the best of every child.
If you’re seeking a program that is not only educational but also helps your child find their voice in a fun environment, then the SSA Holiday Workshops are the perfect option for you!
- When & where: Wahroonga, Moore Park, Burwood, Parramatta and Online
- Suited for: Kindy – Year 9
- Cost: Online from $180, in-person from $220
- Book: Online, 0404 107 372, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: speakingschools.com.au
Celebrate Christmas at The Mix
Head to The Mix at Chatswood Place for free weekend entertainment:
- Bubble-ist: Saturday 11 December, 10am-2pm
- Balloonist: Saturday 18 December, 10am-2pm
Plus, see their Christmas elf to collect a FREE Christmas Pop-it for the kids! Available from 10am to 2pm or while stocks last. Located on Plaza Level.
In the evenings, catch up and enjoy Christmas carols from 6pm to 9pm, Saturday 11 & Saturday 18 December, located on Restaurant Level.
- When & Where: Chatswood Place, 260 Victoria Ave, Chatswood
- Suited for: 4 to 10 years
- Cost: Free
St Ives Shopping Village
Looking for different ways to keep the kids entertained these Summer School Holidays? There’s plenty going on at St Ives Shopping Village during January.
- Robotics Workshops: Tues 11 – Thurs 13 January, 10am-12pm and 12.30pm-2.30pm. Kids 6+ ignite their curiosity in these STEM workshops to create a robotic model. $15 + booking fee (includes a free cupcake). Bookings are required.
- Computer Coding: Tues 18- Thurs 20 January, 10am-12pm and 12.30-2.30pm. Create your own computer game. $15 + booking fee (includes a free cupcake). Bookings are required.
- Posca Pen Decorating: Mon 24 & Tues 25 January, 10am-12pm. Kids and adults of all ages decorate a rock (or something from home) in these free sessions. No bookings required, first come first serve basis.
- Plaster Fun House: Mon 3 – Mon 30 January. Level 2, prices starting from $11.50.
So get your shopping done in peace and enjoy a quiet coffee while they’re entertained and learning something new! Bookings required for Robotics Workshop only.
Keeping the kids entertained over the school holidays is never an easy task. Good luck in your search for fabulous summer school holiday activities on Sydney’s North Shore – we hope this guide has helped!