The summer holidays are almost here, and these are the big ones! If you’re looking for options to get your kids out of the house, having fun and maybe even learning a few new things, then our Essential Guide to Summer Holidays is the best place to start your search. It’s packed full of a range of different events – from holiday camps and vacation care, through to tennis, sport, cheerleading and public speaking. There’s something for kids of all ages and interests!
- Academy of Speakers
- Aussie Gems
- Carlile Swimming
- CRU camps
- Humpty Sports
- Inspire Tennis & Sports Holiday Camps
- Kids Circle
- Kool Kidzz
- Lah Lah’s Stripy Christmas Show
- Love n Deuce Tennis Holiday Camps
- Resilience in Kids
- Sydney Speaking School
- The Newport & The Collaroy
Lah Lah’s Stripy Live Christmas Show
Come and celebrate Christmas with Lah-Lah! Here’s your chance to join Lah-Lah’s Big Live Band as they celebrate Christmas in Sydney LIVE in concert. And there’ll be a special musical visit from You-Know-Who. So pull up your stripy socks and pop on your Santa hats and get ready to dance!
If you’re looking for the best musical experience for your child, this is it. Up close, no stadiums, 100% live, every Lah-Lah show includes a free full cast meet and greet session after the show. Book now!
- When and Where:
- Sunday 1 December, 10am: Max Watts House Of Music Sydney, Moore Park
- Monday 16 December, 10.30am: Castle Hill RSL
- Wednesday 18 December, 10am: Hurstville Entertainment Centre
- Saturday 21 December, 10am: Ryde Civic Hall
- Cost: $27.50
- Book: tickets.lah-lah.com
Humpty Sports Holiday Camps (Castle Cove)
Looking for some holiday fun for your little ones? Enrol them into Humpty Camp! This multi-sport holiday program is designed specifically for children 2.5 to 6 years and is run by energetic and professional staff. It offers a wonderful opportunity for children to develop their sporting and social skills and to increase their self confidence in a safe, caring and fun-filled environment. Theme days, craft activities and lots more make for a great time.
- Camp 1: 23-24 December 2019
- Camp 2: 6-10 January 2020
- Camp 3: 13-17 January 2020
- Camp 4: 20-24 January 2020
- Time: 9am-1pm or 9am-3pm. Drop off from 8.30am
- Where: Willis Park, 325a Eastern Valley Way, Castle Cove
- Suitable for: 2.5 – 6 years
- Camp 1 – Half Day (9am-1pm): $65/day, $130/2-day camp. Full Day (9am-3pm): $85/day, $170/2-day camp.
- Camps 2, 3 & 4 – Half Day (9am-1pm): $65/day, $285/5-day camp. Full Day (9am-3pm): $85/day, $365/5-day camp.
- Book: lovendeuce.com.au, call 9417 7888 or email
Inspire Tennis & Sports Holiday Camps (Killara, Roseville, Terrey Hills)
Inspire Tennis’ School Holiday Programs are fun, exciting and provide a learning pathway for every child. The school holiday camps are held in a variety of convenient tennis club locations on the North Shore. There’s Multisports, ANZ Tennis Hot Shots Only, High Performance Tennis Training Clinics and more. The School Holiday Programs are a brilliant way to spend over 20 hours per week improving kids tennis skills, or there is flexibility with casual bookings, plus before & after care. School Holiday Programs are held every week of the holiday periods rain, hail or shine!
- When: 4 December 2019 – 29 January 2020. 9 camps throughout the School Holidays including private school camps. Casual bookings & before and after care available from 7am- 6pm.
- Where: Killara, Roseville, Terrey Hills
- Suitable for: 2.5 – 15 years
- Cost: From $40/day
- Book: Enrol now
- More info: Killara, Roseville / Chatswood and Terrey Hills
Love’n Deuce Tennis Camp (St Leonards and Castle Cove)
- Camp 1: 16-20 December 2019 (Talus Street ONLY) (5 day camp)
- Camp 2: 13-17 January 2020 (Willis Park & Talus Street ) (5 day camp)
- Camp 3: 20-24 January 2020 (Willis Park & Talus Street) (5 day camp)
- Where: Talus Street, St Leonards (Red, Orange, Green & Yellow Ball/Top Gun); Willis Park, 325a Eastern Valley Way, Castle Cove (Red, Orange & Green Ball)
- Time: 9.30am – 3.30pm. Drop off from 8.30am and after camp care from $10/hour available 3.30pm – 6pm
- Suitable for: 5-17 years
- Cost: $85/day, $350/5-day camp
- Book: lovendeuce.com.au or call 9901 3144 (St Leonards) or 9417 7888 (Castle Cove)
Carlile Swimming (Castle Cove, Lane Cove West)
The school holidays are a perfect opportunity to fast track the swimming skills of pre-school and school age children. Carlile Swimming has more than 60 years of world renowned expertise in teaching children to swim well. The school holiday Swimvac is designed to boost confidence and consolidate skills through intensive tuition. It can provide significant results, especially for new swimmers or those needing to master specific skills. It’s a great daily dose of fun and fitness! The school holiday Swimvac is very popular, so get in quick!
- When: 6-10 January, 13-17 January, 20-24 January
- Where: Castle Cove, Lane Cove West
- Suitable for: Preschool and school age children
- Cost: $94.30 (5 days)
- Book: Castle Cove 9417 2060
Lane Cove West 9188 1027
- Website: carlile.com.au/programs/school-holiday-swimming
Gymnastics & Fitness
Aussie Gems (Frenchs Forest)
If you’re looking for an alternative to the usual team sports and activities to get your child being active, having fun and socialising at the same time, then Aussie Gems cheerleading and fitness academy is the place for you! The school holiday program boasts the most diverse daily catalogue you’ll find on the Northern Beaches, with each day including gymnastics, ninja/parkour classes, nerf battles, basketball, a special take home craft activity.
With morning tea and lunch included there is no simpler way to get your child up, having fun and learning new skills they just won’t be exposed to anywhere else.
- 9-13 December, 16-20 December, 23 December; 7.30am to 3.30pm
- 6-10 January, 13-17 January, 20-24 January; 8.30am – 3.30pm (regular day); 8am – 5pm (extended days available only on Tues, Wed, Thurs)
- Where: Unit 10, 25 Frenchs Forest Road East, Frenchs Forest
- Suitable For: Ages 5 +
- December camps $75 ($10 sibling discount) includes morning tea and lunch
- January camps: Regular day $65 ($10 sibling discount) includes morning tea and lunch. Extended Day (Wed, Thur & Fri, 8am-5pm) $80. ($10 sibling discount) also includes afternoon tea.
- Bookings: Call (02) 9451 5706, email [email protected] or at www.aussiegems.com.au
Public Speaking and Debating
Sydney Speaking School (North Sydney, Parramatta, Moore Park)
North Shore Mums Offer: Early bird discount available until midnight 1 December 2019!
Public speaking may seem scary, but it doesn’t have to be. Sydney Speaking School offers a range of public speaking and debating holiday programs that provide students with the confidence they need to succeed in a fun, engaging, and supportive environment. With small classes, plenty of opportunities to practice and a team of experienced and enthusiastic coaches who are passionate about bringing out the best in every child, these programs are perfect for the beginner or experienced speaker!
- 9-15 January: The King’s School, Parramatta
- 13-17 January: The Shore School, North Sydney
- 20-24 January: Sydney Boys High School, Moore Park
- Time: 9am-3pm
- Suitable for: Years 1-9
- Cost: $180 for 2 days
- Book: speakingschools.com.au
Academy of Speakers (Normanhurst)
Is your child’s holiday JAM PACKED…. jam packed with fun? Introducing the new Academy of Speakers programs. They have programs covering YouTube creation, speaking, debating, performance and leadership. All programs are about empowering your child to become more resilient, self-confident and to build their self-esteem through the art of speaking.
Drop your child off at the new time of 8am and pick them up at 6pm knowing that they have fun while learning! All classes are taught by professional speakers. Classes are kept small, so book soon to receive the Early Bird Pricing and before spots close!
- Mic Drop Moments (Monday 20 January) – Does your child love public speaking and debating? Give your child the skills needed to ace any form of presentation!
- Passionate Performers (Tuesday 21 January) – Is your child full of energy? Give your child a platform to express themselves! This program covers the fundamentals of Theatre, Acting and Drama.
- YouTube Sensation (Wednesday 22 January) – Does your child spend hours on their phones playing games and watching videos on YouTube? Get your kids away from their screens to create content to become a YouTube sensation.
- Empowered Leaders (Thursday 23 & Friday 24 January) – Do you want your child to develop leadership skills early? Does your child want to have a leadership role in their school? Give your child the skills needed to become a leader of the Future!
- Times: 8am – 6pm
- Where: Normanhurst Boys High School. FREE Commuter parking. 5 minute walk to the nearest station with easy access to the CBD.
- Ages: 7-13 years.
- Who: Taught by professional TEDx Speakers.
- Cost: Early bird rates until 15 December. Early bird: One-Day Workshops from $99 (8am-6pm), Two-Day Workshops from: $200 (8am-6pm). Book the Five Day Camp for $450! Save $200 and give your kids a whole week of fun! Redeem your NSW Creative Kids Voucher and get a program for FREE!
- Contact: [email protected]
- Book: academyofspeakers.com
Resilience Holiday Camps (Neutral Bay, Cammeray, East Roseville, Collaroy Plateau, Annandale, Lilyfield)
- 6 Jan – Resilience Boot-camp – Age 5-8 – Neutral Bay
- 7 Jan – Superpower Camp – Age 5-8 – Neutral Bay
- 14 Jan – Resilience Boot-camp – Age 9-12 – East Roseville
- 14 Jan – Resilience Boot-camp – Age 5-8 – Cammeray
- 15 Jan – Friendship Camp – Age 5-8 – East Roseville
- 15 Jan – Resilience Boot-camp – Age 5-8 – Collaroy Plateau
- 15 Jan – Resilience Boot-camp – Age 9-12 – Lilyfield
- 16 Jan – Calm Camp – Age 5-8 – Neutral Bay
- 20 Jan – Resilience Boot-camp – Age 5-8 – Neutral Bay
- 20 Jan – Resilience Boot-camp – Age 5-8 – Lilyfield
- 21 Jan – Superpower Camp – Age 5-8 – Neutral Bay
- 22 Jan – Calm Camp – Age 5-8 – Neutral Bay
- 23 Jan – Superpower Camp – Age 5-8 – Annandale
- Time: 9am-4pm
- Where: Neutral Bay, Cammeray, East Roseville, Collaroy Plateau, Annandale, Lilyfield
- Suitable for: 5-12 years
- Cost: $110 per child per camp
- Website: resilienceinkids.com.au/bookholidayworkshops
Kool Kidzz Holiday Program (St Ives)
Kool Kidzz is a quality Vacation Care service that will make your child’s school holidays a blast! It’s creative and diverse and offers a fun educational experience for each child in an enriching environment.
A Department of Education approved service providing childcare subsidies, with locations in the eastern and northern suburbs. Healthy food is provided and yummy snacks made for cooking classes!
The program is open to all and offers a stimulating range of exciting and educational activities from the arts, music, dance, cooking, sport, drama, environmental education, incursions and excursions.
- When: 6-25 January 2020
- Where: Masada College, St Ives
- Suitable for: 5-13 years old
- Cost: $72 per day (further fee reduction with childcare subsidies)
- Website: koolkidzz.com.au/st-ives
CRU Camps – Amazing School Holiday Experiences (Northern Sydney and surrounds)
North Shore Mums Offer: Early bird specials available on selected camps, see website for details.
Give your child a fantastic holiday experience on a CRU® Camp this summer! There’s 29 awesome camp adventures to choose from, for children in Years K-12. From sailing to horse riding, surfing to BMX riding, sports to Year 12 study.
Day Camps (Yrs K-6): Campers enjoy fun-filled days on camp and return home at the end of each day to sleep in the comfort of their own beds. At 5 different locations around Sydney.
Activity Camps (Yrs 3-12): 22x Action-packed residential camps with loads of exciting outdoor and indoor activities including: sailing, canoeing, abseiling, high ropes, beach, tubing, water skiing, putt-putt golf, surfing, water slides, laser tag, gaming, campfires, archery, robotics, coding, bush walks, BMX riding, paint war, rafting, cave exploration, leadership training.
Study Camps (Yr 12): 2x Study Camps to help you kickstart 2020 and your Year 12 prep.
With 90 years of experience, CRU Camps welcome around 4,000 campers a year on over 80 camps in NSW. On a CRU Camp, your child will grow in self-confidence, make new friends and participate in loads of exciting outdoor activities in a safe, fun and caring environment. They will also be provided with the opportunity to explore the Christian faith. The exceptional camp leaders care for campers 24 hours a day, are trained in child protection procedures, reference checked and screened in accordance with government legislation, and are brilliant role models.
- When: Monday 9 December 2019 – Saturday 25 January 2020
- Where: Pennant Hills, Terrey Hills, Galston and surrounds
- Suitable for:K-12
- Cost: Day Camps start from $45/day, Residential Camps start from $99/night
- Website: crucamps.com.au
Kids Circle: Baking, Arts, Science, Sports, Dance (Chatswood). Special edition in Spanish (Gordon)
North Shore Mums Offer: Early bird rates until 15 December
Kids Circle has something for all tastes and interests! Offering a range of different and fun workshops every day to help unleash kids’ creativity whilst making friends during the school holidays! 2 workshops a day! Pick and choose, you can book from 1 workshop (half-day) to a full week if you wish! Save $100, Creative Kids voucher is redeemable at Kids Circle!
At Chatswood, workshops include Stem & Science, Master Chef sessions with a fantastic Le Cordon Bleu Certified Chef, Dance, Arts and Crafts and other Crazy Fun (like the invention convention, Spy training, Juggling and Magic Workshop. Timetable available on the website now!
In Gordon, you can also learn Spanish the fun way with a fun 3 day Spanish Immersion Holiday Program. Children will love meeting friends and learning Spanish through arts, crafts, music, dance, cooking and fun games! Book from 1, 2 or 3 days. Suitable for kids 5-10 years old, and for all levels, beginners welcome!
- Chatswood Week 1: 13-17 January 2020
- Chatswood Week 2: 20-24 January 2020
- Spanish Connect, Gordon Library: 14 – 16 January 2020
- Times: 8am – 6pm. (workshops 9am-12pm & 1-4pm, bring your lunch: 12-1pm. Free extended hours: 8-9am and 4-6pm).
- Kids Circle School Holiday Program (Chatswood): 28 Chatswood Avenue, Chatswood (with free and private parking).
- Kids Circle and Spanish Connect: Gordon Library: 799 Pacific Hwy, Gordon (2 min-walk from train station, parking available just in front, at the train station and at Shopping Centre.)
- Cost: Early bird price (until 15 December): Half-day workshops from $59 (9am-12pm or 1-4pm), full day workshops from: $110 (8am-6pm). Free extended hours: 8:00-9:00am and 4:00-6:00pm. Spanish Immersions: 1 full- day: $130 each / 2 full-days: $120 each / 3 full-days: $110 each. (Suitable for 5-10 years)
- Ages: 5-9 years old (depending on the activity, children may be grouped by age)
- Contact: Grace 0405 195 225 or email
- Book: kidscircle.com.au/holiday-program
The Newport & The Collaroy
The Newport’s waterfront location and stunning Pittwater views have made it a northern beaches go-to for decades. With an alfresco marketplace feel, you can choose your own adventure within their variety of food outlet and experiential areas; each with their own style and personality. There’s a lot to offer for the kids over these Summer holidays, so you can relax while they have fun!
Santa’s also coming to visit The Newport every Saturday in December (7, 14, 21 Dec), 11am to 1pm! Make sure you swing by for a family pic with Santa and write a letter to the North Pole.
- When: December 2019 – February 2020
- Mondays, 6:30pm: Cinema by the Sea. Sit back and enjoy a popcorn or gelato and enjoy a line-up of Hollywood classics and family favourites.
- Tuesdays, 9:30am: Mother’s group with Learn to the Beat. Keep the kids entertained with educational music and activities, while you enjoy a coffee and catch up with old (or new) friends.
- Wednesdays, 6:30pm: Surf-In Cinema. Riding the wave with the local surfing community. Every Wednesday The Newport will partner with Surf Aid and Red Bull to have screenings of new premiers and classic surf films, as well as welcoming some ‘drop in’ local and international surfing legends.
- Thursdays, 9:30am: Yoga on the Deck. Let’s keep rolling all summer long. Enjoy a morning of health and wellbeing with a free yoga class on the deck, run by Modern Movement.
- Fridays, 5pm: It’s Friyay ! Kick start the weekend with DJs and a cheeky dance floor by the water.
- Saturdays. Live entertainment on the stage all day, while you enjoy drinks and a meal on the waterfront.
- Sundays. Kids Entertainment every weekend, with Reptile Man and Little Creative Co party time to keep the kiddies entertained!
- Where: The Newport, 2 Kalinya St, Newport
- Cost: Free
- Bookings: Not required, first in best dressed
- Website: merivale.com/thenewport
With a beachside backdrop, The Collaroy is the perfect spot to entertain the kids these Summer holidays. Why not grab a coffee, a glass of wine, or a bite to eat with your friends, whilst the children are entertained in the play room.
Santa’s also coming to visit The Collaroy every Sunday in December (8, 15, 22 Dec), 11am to 1pm! Make sure you swing by for a family pic with Santa and write a letter to the North Pole.
- When: December 2019 – February 2020
- Where: The Collaroy, 1064 Pittwater Rd, Collaroy Beach
- Cost: Free
- Bookings: Not required
- Website: merivale.com/thecollaroy