The Spring School Holidays are on the way. Yay! 2020 has been a year like no other year, so it’s wonderful to see so many great school holiday activities are back – and of course, COVID-safe. Your kids can get back out there and enjoy being with friends, while enjoying some of these great local activities and events around Sydney’s North Shore. From vacation care and holiday camps, to workshops and fun attractions, you can fill every day of the Spring School Holidays!
Take a look at all the options below, and click the link to quickly go to find out more information in our Spring Holiday Guide.
- Australian Reptile Park (Somersby)
- Bop till you Drop (Gladesville & Northbridge)
- Carlile Swimming (Lane Cove West & Killarney Heights)
- Fab Fun Hair Braiding Station + Teddy Bear Workshop (Stockland Balgowlah)
- Featherdale Wildlife Park (Doonside)
- Grand Slam Tennis (Cammeray & Naremburn)
- Inspire Tennis (Killara & Roseville)
- Kids Circle (Lindfield, Chatswood, North Sydney, Northbridge)
- Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Gardens (St.Ives)
- Motiv8Sports Olympics Multi-Sports Camps (Ryde, Asquith, Turramurra)
- Queenwood Tennis Centre (Oxford Falls)
- Simply Fun (Chatswood)
- Sydney Speaking Schools Australasia (Online & Burwood)
- The School at AIPA (Artarmon)
- Turramurra Learn To Swim
Day trip fun! Best Spring School Holiday Attractions
Australian Reptile Park (Somersby)
The Spring School Holidays, experience the great outdoors these school holidays at the Australian Reptile Park! It’s the perfect nature-based activity to get the kids out of the house, get in touch with nature and enjoy a little escape by spending time with family in our beautiful bushland setting. These school holidays, the Australian Reptile Park is the best fun day out.
As the best way to experience a back-to-nature, outdoor activity with the family, the Australian Reptile Park has ample space for social distancing and is one of the safest places for you and your family to visit. You can read all about their COVID-19 precautions in place to keep everyone safe. To aid in social distancing, they have introduced Interactive Keeper Stations! Instead of their daily animal shows, keepers will be stationed at different areas around the Australian Reptile Park every day to get you up close to their amazing animals and learn all about them.
They will also be conducting their daily animal walks where you’ll get to see their animals going for a walk around the Park and say hello! Animals include: Komodo dragons, Hugo the Galapagos tortoise and dingoes. Plus, Kids 2 Keeper programs are back! Guaranteed to entertain and educate kids who are itching to experience a taste of the day in the life of a zookeeper, this school holiday workshop offers exclusive behind the scenes access that enables kids to explore the wonders of wildlife. Find out more: Mini Kids 2 Keeper, Little Kids 2 Keeper and Big Kids 2 Keeper.
- When: Saturday 26 September 2020 – Sunday 11 October 2020
- Where: Somersby, Central Coast (30 minutes drive from Wahroonga)
- Cost: Family (2 Adults, 2 Children) – $105 | Adult – $39 | Child (3-15) – $21
- Suitable for: All ages!
- Website: reptilepark.com.au
Featherdale Sydney Wildlife Park: Zookeeper For a Day
Do you know a little animal lover who dreams of being a zookeeper one day? Bring them along to Featherdale Sydney Wildlife Park’s Zookeeper for a Day Programme these next school holidays to make their dreams come true! The Zookeeper for a Day is fully supervised by qualified education officers and keepers. Morning tea, lunch and water will be provided. Budding zookeepers will also receive: a Zookeeper for a Day shirt*, gift bag, free kids entry for their next visit to Featherdale and each child will receive a certificate of completion at the conclusion of the day.
- When: Monday 28 September, Friday 2 October, Tuesday 6 October, Thursday 8 October
- Time: Programme runs 9am -3pm, registration on day at 8:45am
- Where: 217-229 Kildare Rd, Doonside
- Cost: $195
- Suitable for: 8-13 years
- Book: Online, or phone (02) 9622 1644
- Website: featherdale.com.au
Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden (St Ives)
Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden in St Ives is offering a range of full day outdoor programs for 6-12 year olds led by their experienced Environment Education Rangers including Animalia, Nature Detectives and Bush Survival Skills.
They are also offering a range of short Nature Play activities for children aged 6 months – 7 years old (attended with a supervising parent or carer). Their Nature Play program involves a fun session of play based investigation and discovery in nature designed to develop curious minds and playful spirits.
Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden has implemented COVID-19 Special Operating Procedures for the safety of staff, participants and visitors to the Wildflower Garden. These procedures are based around social distancing, hygiene, venue cleaning and record-keeping. Please assist by observing instructions provided by Council staff or signage. A credit will be issued in the case of non-attendance due to illness and/or quarantining requirements, as per their cancellation policy.
Set on 154 hectares of urban Sydney Sandstone bushland at St Ives and adjacent to Ku-ring-gai Chase National Park, Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden boasts some of Sydney’s best Wildflower trails, Duffys Forest and Coastal Upland Swamp as well as 18 threatened species of Australian Flora and Fauna and 2 endangered ecological communities providing learning experiences in the natural environment.
- When: Monday 28 September to Friday 2 October
- Where: 420 Mona Vale Road, St. Ives
- Cost: $70 per child
- Suitable for: 6 months – 12 years
- Website: kmc.nsw.gov.au
Shopping Centre Events
Hair Braiding Station + Teddy Bear Workshop (Stockland Balgowlah)
Looking for a fun school holiday activity or workshop? Fab Fun will be at Stockland Balgowlah with a Hair Braiding Station and a Teddy Bear Workshop. In the first week of the school holidays, visit the Hair Braiding station for a touch of glam. Whether it’s a double dutch braid, french braid or coloured hair extensions you are after, you’ll leave looking fabulous. During the second week, look no further than their Teddy Bear Workshops. With step-by-step instructions, children will make and take home their very own fur-ever bear. Walk-ins and bookings welcome.
Fab Fun is a Covid-19 registered safe business specialising in children’s entertainment, corporate events and sensory activities.
- Where: Stockland Balgowlah
- When: Week 1 (28 Sep – 4 Oct): Hair Braiding | Week 2 (5-11 Oct): Teddy Bear Workshop
- Ages: 3-13 years
- Cost: Activities range from $20-$45
- Book: 0413 512 448
- Website: fabfun.com.au
Motiv8Sports Olympics Multi-Sports Camps (Ryde, Asquith & Turramurra)
Motiv8 create the biggest multi-sports event of the year! Experience two huge days with 10 amazing sports, 10 individual events, 4 Olympic face offs, incredible coaching, non-stop motivation, unbelievable prizes and possibly an Olympic medal.
Held only once each year, the Motiv8sports Olympics is the heart and soul of their multi-sports calendar year. Campers will be treated to an incredible array of our trademark team sports in an environment full of energy, motivation and unbelievable guidance from our professional team of coaches.
They don’t give out participation medals at any of their events, however if you have what it takes to complete all 10 team sports, 10 Olympic Individual events and two mega sessions, then they will be hanging that gigantic finishers medal around your neck. At Motiv8sports they create an atmosphere full of colour, culture, and energy as six countries battle it out to win the gold medal. Like all Motiv8sports events, there’ll be music, prizes, crazy competitions, and non-stop entertainment.
At all Motiv8sports Camps they design sports for all abilities and focus on the energy and effort rather than a child’s sporting ability. Children who attend Motiv8sports Camps learn about sport, teamwork & sportsmanship in an environment fueled by great leadership and constant motivation.
- Where: Ryde, Asquith & Turramurra
- Suited for: K – Year 6
- Cost: $100. Creative Kids voucher accepted – $100 off
- Book: Online
- Website: motiv8sports.com.au
Vacation Care on the North Shore
Kids Circle: Visual Arts, Dance, International & Local Indigenous Cuisine (Lindfield, Chatswood, North Sydney, Northbridge)
Kids Circle has organised super fun and well-rounded workshops for all tastes and interests for the Spring School Holidays! Ask your kids friends to come with them, they will love what they have on offer. There’s two workshops a day. Pick and choose, you can book from one workshop (half-day) to a full week if you wish. Don’t forget to redeem your $100 Creative kids voucher. Kids will be able to take all their creations home on the day!
- International and Local Cuisine sessions with a Le Cordon Bleu Certified Chef! Pasta Making, Superheroes’ Cookies decorating, Bakers delight and Edible Terrarium workshops.
- Arts and Crafts: flowers creation and vase décor, Fantasy Garden and Pots decoration, DYI and decorate your own kite and fly it out!
- Painting workshops: Funky Llama, Frida Kahlo inspired painting, Tutti Frutti fruits, 3D Flamingo and an Nature inspired Collage.
- When: Week 1: Tuesday 29 September – Thursday 1 October | Week 2: Tuesday 6 – Thursday 8 October
- Times: 9am – 4pm. (workshops 9am-12pm & 1-4pm, bring your lunch: 12-1pm).
- Where: Lindfield: Few meters from Lindfield Public School (Girl Guides Hall, Two Turners Reserve, Gladstone Parade, Lindfield).
North Sydney, Chatswood and Northbridge (Check website for exact addresses).
- Ages: Kindy – Year 4 (depending on the activity, children may be grouped by age)
- Cost: Early bird price (until 15 March): Half-day workshops from $59 (9am-12pm or 1-4pm), full day workshops from: $110 (9am-4pm)
- Book: online
- Website: kidscircle.com.au/holiday-program
Simply Fun: STEM, Ninja, Chess, Dance, Drama and more! (Chatswood)
These Spring School Holidays, keep your children entertained all holiday long with Simply Fun’s exciting educational camp! Every day is jam-packed with awesome classes and exciting activities, so your kids get to try something new, improve their skills, and have an amazing time with their friends all at once. Simply Fun has something to suit every child’s interests; dance, drama, STEM, ninja, art and more. Choose from half days, single days or full weeks. Morning tea and afternoon tea is provided, but you must pack a nut-free lunch and water bottle. Timetable available on their website.
- When: Monday 28 September to Friday 2 October | Tuesday 6 October to Friday 9 October
- Where: Level 1, 445 Victoria Avenue, Chatswood
- Suited for: 4.5-11 years
- Cost: 10% Early bird special ($52.20 for a half-day and $88.20 for a full day) until 14 September.
- Book: Online, phone 8593-3177 or email [email protected]
- Website: simplyfun.com.au
Spring School Holiday Performing Arts Workshops
Bop till you Drop Performing Arts Workshop (Gladesville & Northbridge)
Bop till you Drop is a registered COVID-19 Safe business. They have a COVID-19 Safe plan from Service NSW, as well as their own plan which can be viewed here. Due to popular demand they have decided to run these Performing Arts Programs. Their professional teachers have all completed their COVID-19 training and their certificates will be displayed at the venue. They feel confident they can focus on the teaching children new skills in dancing, singing and acting, as well as craft, magic and science in a safe and hygienic atmosphere. There are six classes per day and each class runs for 45 minutes. The program is aimed at building self-esteem in your child. They will also be working towards an online performance, so you can witness their new found skills.
- When & Where:
- Tuesday 29 & Wednesday 7 October – Gladesville
- Tuesday 6 & Wednesday 7 October – Northbridge
- Time: 9am to 3.30pm (extended 8am – 5pm optional extra)
- Where: Boronia Church Hall, 93 Pittwater Rd, Gladesville | Sea Scout Hall, 347 Sailors Bay Rd, Northbridge
- Suited for: 5-12 years
- Cost: $75 per day. Creative Kids voucher accepted – $100 off.
- Enrol: Online, call 1300 13 03 13 or email [email protected]
- Website: boptillyoudrop.com.au
The School at AIPA (Artarmon)
Let your kids perform their heart out these holidays! Live shows may have been cancelled this year, but they can still perform. Give your child a positive performing arts experience in 2020. Go into a studio environment and record vocals like a professional performer. Then shoot a medley from a fantastic musical! All programmes undertaken in a Covid Safe environment. Places strictly limited due to social distancing.
Yes! You will receive the footage shot and songs your child has recorded.
- Week One, Monday 28 September – Friday 2 October: High School – Waitress, 10am-5pm (extended hours available)
- Week Two, Tuesday 6 October – Friday 9 October: Years 5- Years 8 Matilda, K-Year 6 – Annie, 9am-4pm (extended hours available)
- Where: Artarmon
- Suited for: Kindy – Year 12
- Cost: From $360. Creative Kids voucher accepted – $100 off
- Enrol: online, 0412 736 974 or email [email protected]
- Website: theschoolataipa.com.au
Sydney Speaking Schools Australasia (Online & Burwood)
Looking for an engaging and educational program? Speaking Schools Australasia will be running fun, live, online programs to help students build their confidence in debating and public speaking over the Spring School Holidays. The Year 1- Year 9 Debating and Public Speaking Holiday workshops will all be four days each and run from 9:30am -1 pm via Zoom with a student to coach ratio of 8:1. They will also be running physical programs in the second week in Burwood with three-day and two-day programs in both debating and public speaking.
- When & Time:
- Monday 28 September – Thursday 1 October (online)
- Tuesday 6 October – Friday 9 October (online)
- Wednesday 7 – Friday 9 October (Burwood)
- Time: 9:30am – 1:00pm (online), 8.45am -3.15pm (Burwood)
- Where: Southern Cross College, 17 Comer St, Burwood
- Suited for: Year 1 – Year 9
- Cost: Starting from $180 (online) and from $220 (Burwood)
- How to book: online, or email [email protected]
- Website: speakingschools.com.au
Spring School Holiday Tennis Camps
Queenwood Tennis Centre (Oxford Falls)
NSM Offer: for all bookings of two days or more, enjoy one free adult clinic session valued at $30.
Get the kids playing tennis these Spring School Holidays! Queenwood Tennis Camps are suitable for beginner/intermediate level children and are a great way for kids to get active, meet new friends, and build on their tennis and life skills. There is something for everyone with our variety of fun and interactive games and activities. Choose from whole day, half day or full week registrations.
Discounts are available for siblings, and there is return transport available from Queenwood Junior School in Mosman. Early drop-off and late pick-up available (at extra charge).
- When: Week 1: 28 September – 02 October | Week 2: 06 October – 9 October
- Where: Oxford Falls
- Suited for: 5-17 years, Hitting Squads also available (for the more senior/advanced players)
- Cost:$85 per day (discount available for 5 days or more)/ $110 per day for Hitting Squads (9am-12.30pm)
- Book: email [email protected] or online
- Website: queenwood.nsw.edu.au
Inspire Tennis & Sports Camps (Killara & Roseville)
NSM offer: Full week 10% discount and siblings 5% discount
- When: Friday 25 September – Friday 9 October | Full Day 9:30am-3pm, Half Day 9:30am – 12:30pm | Before care from 7:30am and After care till 6pm available at extra cost. Daily or full week options available.
- Where: Killara Lawn Tennis Club and Kooroora Tennis Club (Roseville)
- Suited for: 4-15 years
- Cost: $40-$60 per day
- Book: Online, phone 94981902 (Killara), 9417 6667 (Roseville), or email [email protected]
- Website: inspiretennis.com.au
Grand Slam Tennis, Cammeray & Naremburn
Hot Shots Tennis and Multisports camps packed with tennis activities and outdoor play in a fun and safe learning environment.
A great way for kids to concentrate on and improve their tennis and fundamental movement skills. Suitable for all ages and standards.
- When: Week 1: Monday 28 September – Friday 2 October | Week 2: Tuesday 6 October – Friday 9 October
- Where: Cammeray & Naremburn
- Suited for: 4-12 years
- Cost: 8-9am Before Camp Drop Off $15 | Camps Start at 9am 9am-12pm | Half Day Camp $55 9am-3pm | Full Day Camp $85 3-5pm | After Camp Care $30
- Book: Online, or email [email protected]
- Website: grandslamtennis.com.au
School Holiday Swimming Intensives
Turramurra Learn To Swim
Want to see your child make real progress with their swimming these Spring School Holidays, in just four or five days? Then book them in for an intensive four or five-day swimming course with Turramurra Learn To Swim on Sydney’s upper North Shore. The 30-minute lessons are structured according to ability and age to ensure children have the best learning environment while also having fun! With only one class at a time, distractions are reduced. A comfortable air-conditioned area is provided for parents and the pool is indoors and heated to 33C.
- When: 28 September – 2 October (5-days), 6 – 9 October (4-days) 2020
- Where: 48 Tennyson Ave, Turramurra
- Suitable for: 3-15 years
- Cost: $90 (4 days), $112.50 (5 days)
- Book: Call (02) 9489 4771 or email [email protected]
- Website: turramurralearntoswim.com.au
Carlile Swimming Intensive Holiday Program (Lane Cove West & Killarney Heights)
Does your child need that extra boost with their swimming skills and confidence? Then the Carlile Swimming School Holiday Swim Program is perfect for you. The daily repetition of classes helps children master skills and strokes, and can produce incredible improvements in just one week. This program suits every age and ability, and is particularly useful for children who are new to swimming or needing some improvement to reach the next level.
Carlile Swimming is running its popular Swimvac program at their Lane Cove West and Killarney Heights pools. Spots fill quickly, so book your child’s spot today!
- When: 28 September – 9 October
- Where: Carlile Swimming Lane Cove West & Carlile Swimming Killarney Heights
- Suitable for: 3-11 years
- Cost: $94.30 (5-day week, first week, Lane Cove West & Killarney Heights) | $75.45 (4-day week, second week, Killarney Heights only)
- Book: (02) 9188 1027 (Lane Cove West), or (02) 9451 3677 (Killarney Heights)
- Website: carlile.com.au
Want more School Holiday activities and events?
- Discover other companies who run school holiday events in our Directory
- Explore our Out & About section for parks, playgrounds, dining, beaches, attractions & more!
- 10 Outdoor Spaces on the North Shore to explore with kids
- Best bike paths for kids on the North Shore
- 20 awesome North Shore parks you must try!