The Winter school holidays are almost here, so it’s time to start planning! If you’re looking for some fun things for your kids to do these Winter School holidays around Sydney’s North Shore, you’ve come to the right place! Our Guide is bursting with fun options – from holiday programs, vacation care and workshops, including performing arts, public speaking, tennis, swimming, multi-sports and so much more!
- Adventure Camp – Northbridge, Greenwich, Balmoral & Manly
- Australian Reptile Park – family fun day trip (Somersby)
- Bop till you Drop – Performing Arts Workshops (Mosman & Gladesville)
- Cheeky Monkeys Play House (Warriewood)
- Featherdale Wildlife Park (Doonside)
- Gowrie Vacation Care (North Sydney)
- Inspire Tennis – tennis camps (Killara, Roseville & Terrey Hills)
- Jeral Puppets – kids puppet shows (Castle Cove)
- Kids Circle – arts & crafts, baking & cooking, dance, science & fun (Baulkham Hills, Chatswood, Hornsby, Lindfield)
- Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Gardens – outdoor nature holiday program (St Ives)
- Little Succers – build your own terrarium (Neutral Bay)
- Motiv8Sports – 2-day Olympics camps (Turramurra)
- Queenwood Tennis Centre (Oxford Falls)
- Speaking Schools Australasia – debating & public speaking workshops (St Leonard’s, Pennant Hills and online)
- St Ives Shopping Village – coding workshops (St Ives)
- Terpsichore Dance Company – Elf Junior The Musical (Turramurra)
- Training Grounds – kids martial arts (Crows Nest)
Vacation Care & Holiday Programs on the North Shore
Adventure Camp (Northbridge, Greenwich, Balmoral & Manly)
Join an Adventure Camp & leave no kids inside these School Holidays. Ditch the iPads & video games – forget about your phone. Instead, kids will build shelters, create maps, solve puzzles, explore & make new friends. Their three-day programs are for kids aged 7-12, and are non-stop outdoor fun and games, with locations at Northbridge, Greenwich, Balmoral & Manly.
Adventure Camp programs are built around challenging outdoor and problem solving activities. These will teach your kids to appreciate diversification in one another’s personalities and skill sets. They will learn leadership skills and discover how to understand risk, make safe decisions and (most of all) have fun outdoors. When learned in an outdoor setting, these core skills have been proven in kids to build confidence and responsibility. They also promote creativity and imagination.
- When & Where: 8am – 5.30pm
- Balmoral Beach: 21-23 & 28-30 June
- Greenwich Sailing Club: 28-30 June
- Northbridge Sailing Club: 5-7 July
- North Head, Manly: 5-7 July
- Suited for: 7-12 years
- Cost: $299.95 (three days, no overnight stays)
- Book: online
- Website: adventurecamp.com.au
Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden (St Ives)
Book your children into the school holiday program at Wildflower Garden for a variety of nature based activities. They offer a full day program for primary aged children with a focus on fun and adventure, as well as an expanded Nature Play program for children up to age 8.
These school holidays you can learn Aboriginal Survival Skills, explore Off The Beaten Track, create Nature Art, learn all about Animalia, try your hand at Bushcraft & Camping and become Junior Keepers.
Additional experiences for the whole family include Animal Encounters, Campfire Experiences and Nocturnal Safari.
- When: Monday 21 June – Monday 12 July 2021, 9am to 4pm
- Where: 420 Mona Vale Rd, St Ives
- Suited for: 6 – 12 years
- Cost: $70
- Website: krg.nsw.gov.au or follow on Facebook
North Shore Mums Offer: every new camper receives a FREE Rookie Jersey
Book your child in to the Motiv8sports Olympics Camp in Turramurra to experience two huge days… 10 amazing sports, 10 individual events, 4 Olympic Face Offs, incredible coaching, non-stop motivation, unbelievable prizes and possibly an Olympic medal! At Motiv8sports they focus on effort and energy, not sporting ability.
New campers receive their very own Rookie Jersey as part of their milestone rewards program for them to wear during camp. Don’t miss out – 70% of tickets have already sold. Book your place today!
- When & Where: Monday 5 & Tuesday 6 July, 8.30am – 3.30pm @ Turramurra High School.
- Suited for: Kindy – Year 6
- Cost: $25 – $125.
- Book: Online, 0402 281 842, [email protected]
- Website: motiv8sports.com.au
- Creative Kids Vouchers accepted.
Kids Circle (Baulkham Hills, Chatswood, Lindfield & Hornsby)
North Shore Mums offer: Early Bird discounts until Sunday 6 June + extra discount when booking two or more days for the same child.
Fun and interesting Cooking & Baking, Arts & Crafts, Science and Dance workshops. Kids Circle has something for all tastes and interests!
- Junior Chefs: Hands on and fun baking and cooking sessions where kids are able to make yummy meals and sweet treats to take home on the day. Cupcake Fiesta: baking and decoration, Sweet Treats: marble cake + checkerboard cookies, Chocolate Bliss: no bake chocolate balls and chocolate brownies, Bakers Delight: cheesy bread rolls and fruit tart, Italian Extravaganza: Tortelloni’s and Italian Chocolate cookies and bread making.
- Art lovers: A great variety of arts and crafts workshops with clay, mixed media on canvas and more! Winter inspired watercolour and clay snowman, fun abstract painting on canvas, Mandalas, beautiful Romero Brito inspired painting, colourful winter scarf textile, snowflake’s artwork and more!
- Fun science workshops: crazy slime workshop + paleontology and fossils adventure.
- Dance Disco Party where kids will be having fun dancing away their favourite and most popular songs.
- When: 9am-4pm. Extended hours available at Chatswood & Hornsby. Check website for details for each venue.
- Where: Baulkham Hills, Chatswood, Lindfield & Hornsby
- Suited for: Kindy – Year 5
- Cost: Early bird rates until 6 June.
- Book: Online. For any queries, email [email protected], or contact 0468 354 372/0405 195 225
- Website: kidscircle.com.au
- Creative Kids vouchers accepted
Cheeky Monkeys Play House (Warriewood)
Cheeky Monkeys Play House Vacation Care runs Monday to Friday during the school holidays. They offer a wide range of fun and exciting activities, including both incursions and excursions! Some activities include going to the cinema, cooking days, science experiments, gaming arcades, bowling, mini golf, water parks and so much more! Government rebates available to eligible families. Breakfast, Morning Tea, Lunch & Afternoon Tea are all included.
- When: Monday to Friday during school holidays
- Time: 6.45am – 6pm
- Where: 1101/4 Daydream Street, Warriewood
- Suited for: Primary-aged children
- Cost: $85-$99 (Government rebates available to eligible families)
- Website: cheekymonkeysplayhouse.com.au
Gowrie North Sydney Vacation Care
The daily program at Gowrie NSW North Sydney Community is an action-packed schedule of hands-on creativity, exploration, investigation, and fun! From art & drama to science and sports, music, environmental projects and more.
Vacation care encourages face to face group activities, like sports and team games. Interacting with other children means that they will develop skills in: communication, conflict resolution, empathy skills, confidence and resilience. They have two locations in North Sydney for the upcoming school holidays. Book your place now!
- When: North Sydney Community: Monday 28 June – Friday 9 July, 8am-6pm | North Sydney Grandstand: Monday 28 June – Friday 9 July, 8am-6pm
- Where: Rear Civic Park. Miller St, North Sydney | North Sydney Oval. Fig Tree Lane, North Sydney
- Suited for: 4-12 years
- Cost: from $65 per day
- Book: Online, 0418 999 129, [email protected]
- Website: gowriensw.com.au
Training Grounds (Crows Nest)
North Shore Mums Offer: enjoy 10% off when you mention North Shore Mums (once per child)
Join in the two-day Martial Arts School Holiday program with Training Grounds. Aimed at kids aged 4 years to 13 years, the program is designed to offer kids an activity that is fun, safe & exciting, while teaching them new skills.
Martial Arts is great for fitness, confidence and improving children’s sense of respect, focus and discipline. It’s also the perfect opportunity for them to make friends. Their coaches will offer the kids a range of fun & safe activities throughout the program, including icebreakers, multiple martial arts disciplines and self-defence, with plenty of games too!
- When: Tuesday 29 June & Wednesday 30 June, 8.30am-3pm
- Where: Training Grounds, Crows Nest
- Suited for: 4-13 years
- Cost: The program is designed around kids attending both days, but one day option also available. Single day program: $75 per child, two day program: $135 per child
- Book: online, or call 0450 271 556
- Website: linktr.ee/traininggrounds
Winter School Holiday Tennis Camps
Inspire Tennis Private Lessons & Court Hire (Killara, Roseville & Terrey Hills)
North Shore Mums offer: Book in for a week and get 10% off! Siblings receive a 5% discount.
Inspire Tennis’ School Holiday Programs are fun, exciting and provide a learning pathway for every child. Their Winter School Holiday Camps are held in Killara, Roseville & Terrey Hills. It’s a brilliant way for kids to spend over 20 hours each week, improving their tennis skills. There is also flexibility with casual bookings, plus before & after care. The programs are held every week of the holidays… rain, hail or shine!
- When: Monday 21 June – Monday 12 July. Full day 9.30am-3pm | Half day 9.30am-12.20pm | Before care from 7.30am and after care till 6pm at a small cost (booking essential).
- Where: Killara Lawn Tennis Club & Roseville Kooroora Tennis Club & Terrey Hills Tennis Club
- Suited for: 3.5-15 years
- Cost: $40-$65 per day
- Book: Online, 9498 1902 Killara & Terrey Hills, 9417 6667 Roseville
- Website: inspiretennis.com.au
Queenwood Tennis Centre (Oxford Falls)
North Shore Mums Offer: Free Adult Clinic session for Mums when booking 2 days or more, when you mention North Shore Mums!
Queenwood Tennis Camps are suitable for Beginner/Intermediate level children and are a great way for kids to get active, meet new friends, and build on their tennis and life skills. A variety of fun and interactive games and activities. Choose from whole day, half day or full week registrations. Advanced Hitting Squads also available for the more advanced or Senior Students.
- When: Week 1: Monday 21 June – Friday 25 June | Week 2: Monday 28 June – Friday 2 July | Week 3: Monday 5 July – Friday 9 July
- Where: Queenwood Tennis Centre, Oxford Falls
- Suited for: 5-17 years
- Book: Online
- Website: queenwood.nsw.edu.au
Performing Arts Workshops
Bop till you Drop Performing Arts Workshop (Mosman & Gladesville)
North Shore Mums Offer: $20 off with code NSMN20. Offer applies to 2 day bookings only. Not valid with any other offer, except creative kids voucher.
Bop till you Drop has been running these programs for the past 18 years and are proud to have won best School Holiday Provider in 2019 – What’s On 4 Kids Awards. Their professional teachers will run a structured performing arts program with six 45-minute classes per day. Singing, dancing, drama, magic, science and craft! Their goal is to build self-esteem in your child. The children will also perform in a concert for you to witness all their new skills. This presentation will increase their confidence and public speaking skills. They want them to have fun, but also walk away with a huge sense of accomplishment.
- When: Tuesday 29 & Wednesday 30 June (Mosman) | Tuesday 6 & Wednesday 7 July (Gladesville), 9am to 3.30pm (extended hours 8.00 – 5.00 optional extra)
- Where: Mosman & Gladesville
- Suited for: 5-12 years
- Cost: $79 per day ($158 for 2 days), siblings $30 off with 2-day bookings
- Book: online, 1300 130 313, [email protected]
- Website: boptillyoudrop.com.au
- Creative Kids vouchers accepted
Winter School Holiday Public Speaking & Debating Programs
Speaking Schools Australasia (St Leonards, Pennant Hills, and Online)
Seeking an engaging, educational and fun program with the option of choosing either an online or face-to-face experience these school holidays? Speaking Schools Australasia will be running live online and several face-to-face programs to help students build their confidence in Debating and Public speaking through the chill of the winter break.
Come and join either their four-day online workshops or head over to one of their North Shore venues for an unforgettable experience!
- When & Where:
- Monday 28 June – Thursday 1 July @ Northside Conference Centre, St Leonards & online
- Wednesday 7 – Friday 9 July @ Mount St Benedict College, Pennant Hills. Staggered start & finish times
- Tuesday 29 June – Friday 2 July @ Online, 9.30-1pm
- Suited for: Year 1 – Year 9
- Cost: Online from $180, in-person from $220
- Book: Online, 0404 107 372, or [email protected]
Winter School Holiday Workshops
Little Succers (Neutral Bay)
You and your kids will be taught how to make your very own mini fish bowl terrarium, with your choice of succulent and unlimited creative layers. They offer $25 off all terrariums for kids and parents too! The room is set up like a candy store, with loads of choices of succulents and vases and decorations.
Tickets are only $20, and redeemable on whatever terrarium you make on the day. Additional costs on the day range from $40-$100 depending on what style of terrarium you make.
- When: Tuesday 6, Thursday 8, Friday 9 July, 10am-4pm (90 minute session)
- Where: Shop 5 and 6, 81-91 Military Road, Neutral Bay
- Suited for: 5-18 years
- Cost: From $20
- Book: online, 0415 063 822, [email protected]
- Website: littlesuccers.com.au
Elf Jr. The Musical, presented by Terpsichore Dance Company
North Shore Mums Offer: Children under 6 attend free!
Terpsichore Dance Company presents Elf Jr The Musical! Buddy, a young orphan, mistakenly crawls into Santa’s bag of gifts and is transported to the North Pole. The would-be elf is raised, unaware that he is actually a human, until his enormous size and poor toy-making abilities cause him to face the truth. With Santa’s permission, Buddy embarks on a journey to New York City to find his birth father and discover his true identity. Buddy is determined to win over his new family and help New York remember the true meaning of Christmas.
- When: Saturday 26 June. Shows at 3pm & 6pm
- Where: Zenith Theatre, Mcintosh St &, Railway Street, Chatswood
- Suited for: 4+ years
- Cost: $32
- Book: Online
Jeral Puppets (Castle Cove)
Join the Jeral Puppets for a program filled with familiar stories, songs, and rhymes to engage and entertain preschool and primary-aged children! With easy parking, air-conditioning and a playground next door, a trip to the puppet show is a fun, easy and comfortable activity for kids and their parents, grandparents and carers.
- Town Mouse & Country Mouse + Micecapades: 4, 6, 10, 16, 20 June
- Cinderella & Pinocchio: 14 June
- Goldilocks & the Three Bears: 23, 25, 27, 29 June + 7 & 9 July
- Santa’s Xmas In July Show: 1, 2, 4, 5 July
- Peter Pan + Murgatroid’s Space Adventure: 28, 30 June + 6, 8, 11 July
‘Baby Animals’ at Australian Reptile Park (Somersby)
It’s baby animals galore at the Australian Reptile Park these Winter School Holidays! Catch the daily Baby Animal Show to see all the babies they have at the Park! Featured animals include Lucky the dingo puppy, baby alligators and more. Plus, be on the lookout for roving keepers with baby animals to meet and keep your eyes peeled to see if you can spot any mums with babies! Watch out for koalas, kangaroos & wallabies.
You can also book an exclusive Animal Encounter to meet Lucky the Dingo Puppy or even join a Zookeeper Experience with our popular Kids 2 Keeper tours!
- When: Saturday 26 June – Sunday 11 July 2021, 9am-5pm
- Where: Somersby, Central Coast (30 minutes drive from Wahroonga)
- Suited for: All ages!
- Cost: Family (2 Adults, 2 Children) – $115 | Adult – $43 | Child (3-15) – $25 – includes entry to the park & access to school holiday activities
- Book: online, (02) 4340 1022, [email protected]
- Website: reptilepark.com.au
Featherdale Sydney Wildlife Park: Zookeeper for a Day
Featherdale Sydney Wildlife Park’s ‘Zookeeper for a Day’ program is perfect for the little animal lover in your life. These school holidays, Featherdale is proud to announce the launch of three tailored Zookeeper For A Day programs, including the launch of two brand new sessions! The new Inclusive Zookeeper for a Day program is now available with a dedicated session perfect for kids aged 8-13 with special needs and their carers, plus the new Team TEEN Zookeeper for a Day – perfect for students aged 12-16 who are keen to learn more about a day in the life of a Zookeeper.
- Junior Zookeeper for a Day (ages 8-13): Monday 28 June
- Team TEEN Zookeeper for a Day (ages 12-16): Wednesday 30 June
- Inclusive Zookeeper for a Day (ages 8-13): Tuesday 6 July
- Time: Program runs 9am -3pm, registration on day at 8:45am
- Where: 217-229 Kildare Rd, Doonside
- Cost: $195
- Suitable for: 8-16 years
- Book: Online, or phone (02) 9622 1644
- Website: featherdale.com.au
Shopping Centre Activities
St Ives Shopping Village (St Ives)
Looking for different ways to keep the kids entertained these Winter School Holidays? There’s plenty going on at St Ives Shopping Village:
- Robotics Workshops: Mon 28 June – Thursday 1 July. Two sessions 10-12 and 12.30 – 2.30; Kids ignite their curiosity and build 2 models in these 2 hour STEM Workshops. Bookings open on Friday 4 June. ($10 fee+ Booking Fee) Includes a free cup cake.
- Vov Dylan Music: Performing some kids favourites, Saturday 3 July, 9.30 and 11.30.
- Kids Cooking (FOOST). Mon 5 July – Thursday 8 July: 20 minute cooking workshops. Every half hour 10am – 1pm (FREE, no booking required). Different menu each date including: Layered traffic light crumble; Mexican Wraps; Apple cookies; Beetroot dip with salad sticks. Check website for further details.
- Plaster Fun House: 28 June – 11 July, Level 2, prices starting from $12.50.
So get your shopping done in peace and enjoy a quiet coffee while they’re entertained and learning something new! Bookings required for Robotics Workshop Only (from 4 June).
- When: Monday 28 June – Sunday 11 July
- Where: All located on Level 2, Shop 136 (opposite Copper Pan Café), St Ives Shopping Village, 166 Mona Vale Road, St Ives
- Suited for: 6-12 years
- Cost: Varies for each program
- Book: online, (02) 8422 4000, [email protected]
- Website: stivesvillage.com.au
Keeping the kids entertained over the school holidays is never an easy task. Good luck in your search for fabulous winter school holiday activities on Sydney’s North Shore – we hope this guide has helped!