Check out Santa’s Secret Garden at Macquarie Centre – a new twist on Santa photos. Inspired by the Australian experience, this year Macquarie Centre is bringing the outdoors inside with a one-of-a-kind and unique, living, breathing Christmas set.
Santa’s Secret Garden at Macquarie Centre, made from native and drought tolerant plants, will take visitors on a journey from the beach to the bush, encompassing a lush green set with tropical plants and coastal pathways for visitors to enjoy, showcasing over 250 plants – a combination of drought tolerant, low maintenance and natives, tall gum trees and a large glow worm cave.
Undoubtedly a Christmas experience like no other, this year in addition to Santa’s Secret Garden, customers will for the first time have the opportunity to get their photo taken with their favourite pet and sensory Santa sessions are back, catering to children with sensory processing challenges.
“Christmas is such a special time of year for families and we wanted to celebrate this vast and varied land of ours and create an immersive, uniquely Australian experience,” says Natalie Douglas, Centre Manager at Macquarie Centre. She adds, “this garden is also a reminder to all generations of the importance of biodiversity and the impact this can have on our community.”
Santa’s Secret Garden Photos
For those looking to take their annual Santa photos up a notch this year, Santa’s Secret Garden at Macquarie Centre will be located on Level 1 outside Target, from Saturday 30 November and will run through until Tuesday 24 December.
There are options for traditional Santa photos, ‘Pawtrait’ photography, and Sensitive Santa sessions.
- Santa’s Gift Pack: $49.95, valued at $112
- Rudolph Package: $42.95, valued at $79
- Blitzen Package: $33.95, valued at $47
- Christmas Cards (12 Pack with personalised message): $40.95, with other package options available.
- Vixen Package: $29.95
If you’re also looking for an extra hand with all of the Christmas wrapping this year, Macquarie Centre is offering gift wrapping in centre from Tuesday 10 December for a gold coin donation with completely biodegradable wrapping paper with seed gift tags for recipients to plant within their own gardens.
Plant Auction for Charity at Santa’s Secret Garden
To ensure that the 5.1 tonnes of plants used within this set will continue to benefit the community, Macquarie Centre will be auctioning off the plants with all proceeds donated to charity. Each child that has a picture with Santa will be given a bark chip to cast their vote for one of the following charities: Need for Feed Disaster Relief, Drought Angels and the Koala Hospital. These organisations have been chose because of their incredible and much-needed work after the recent and catastrophic bushfires. The auction opens on 30 November and will run to 31 December.
- What: Santa’s Secret Garden, Level 1 outside Target
- Where: Macquarie Centre
- When: Santa photos until Tuesday 24 December
- More info: Santa’s Secret Garden
Want more Christmas inspiration? Visit our dedicated Christmas section!
- Best streets for Christmas lights
- Where to buy a real Christmas tree in Sydney
- Christmas Carol Concert Guide
- Christmas Shows & Pantomimes to watch this festive season
- Santa photos! Where to find the big man in red around Sydney’s North Shore
- Christmas Traditions! Gingerbread House Decorating Events
- Christmas Gift Guide 2019
- North Shore restaurants open for Christmas Day lunch 2019
- Best Christmas Markets 2019