Are you after some alternatives to wine, beer & spirits? Whether you’re on a health kick, getting through pregnancy, or simply making a lifestyle change for the better – there’s are so many reasons to choose a non-alcoholic drink, and Sans Drinks has a huge selection. We hear from some North Shore Mums who tried out some non-alcoholic drinks from the Sans Drinks range.
Sans Drinks is Australia’s first non-alcoholic online drinks superstore, offering same-day delivery to Sydney. In fact, you can have your order in your hands and ready to drink in just three hours.
You can also pop in and visit their flagship store located at 28 Lawrence Street in Freshwater, to check out their range firsthand. It’s the first non-alcoholic bottle shop in Australia! They offer free tasting in-store every day.
They aren’t just limited to wine either, you’ll also find beer, cider and spirits, including gins, rums, whiskey and more.
It’s the perfect way to still enjoy a ‘drink’ with friends and family, so you don’t feel left out. Plus, there’s no hangover the next day! Check out the reviews from the North Shore Mums team below, and make the most of their variety of non-alcoholic wines, beers and spirits.
Rachel, North Shore Mums Founder & mum to three primary school aged girls
Since hitting 40 a couple of years ago, I’ve really tried to focus on my health and wellbeing. I did Dry July for the first time three years ago, was a bit of a ‘reset’ for my relationship with alcohol. After doing it last year, I felt so good that I extended my ‘dry spell’ for three whole months… and since then, I’ve really reduced how often I drink, and how many glasses on those special occasions. I’m drinking more low alcohol and non-alcoholic wines. I definitely don’t miss the hangovers!
I was truly thrilled when I heard about Sans Drinks, as it has fundamentally changed the options of alcohol-removed drinks on the market. It’s not just the sugary-sweet grape juice versions you used to find in the supermarket. They have a huge range of non-alcoholic wines (champagne, rosé, sauvignon-blanc, reds), non-alcoholic beer & cider and even non-alcoholic spirits.
- Wild Life Botanicals Sparkling Blush – I love a good glass of bubbles, so was very keen to try the Wild Life Botanicals Sparkling Blush. And it did not disappoint! Until now, I haven’t really loved any of the non-alcoholic sparkling drinks that I’ve tried, but this one is delicious and actually feels like you’re drinking a good sparkling! The bubbles are delicate, and it has a bit of a strawberry aroma. Perfect for a special occasion!
- NEWBLOOD Chardonnay – I’m not usually much of a chardonnay drinker (sauv blanc is usually my variety of choice!), so I was pleasantly surprised by the Newblood Chardonnay. It’s not nearly as sweet at other non-alcoholic whites that I’ve tried (and doesn’t taste at all like grape juice!). It’s got a crisp palate, and beautiful hint of honeysuckle & citrus, with a smooth flavour. I will definitely buy this one again!
- Heaps Normal Quiet XPA + Mornington Free Pale Ale – Whilst I did three months without alcohol last year, my husband has given up alcohol entirely! So, over the last 12 months, he’s become a bit of a connoisseur of non-alcoholic beers, trying many on the market. The Heaps Normal Quiet XPA is one of his favourite non-alcoholic beers, but he hadn’t tried the Mornington Free Pale Ale. He says, “Tastes like the real deal! Could happily sink a few of these around the BBQ”.
Olivia, Designer & 39 weeks pregnant with her third baby
One of the toughest parts about pregnancy is not being able to enjoy the occasional glass of wine… that was until I heard about Sans Drinks. Finally, a store that sells a range of non-alcoholic wines, beers and spirits. Now, I know non-alcoholic wine has been available for a while but I’ve always felt frustrated by the lack of choice. This is not the case with Sans Drink – their range is HUGE and available in store or online. It took me a while to go through all the options, but eventually chose some Rosé, white wine, a bottle of sparkling and a wheat beer for my hubby.
- Plus & Minus Rose – the rosé went straight in the fridge when it arrived and was well enjoyed with some dumplings – mild & refreshing, it was a perfect Saturday evening drop to enjoy at 39 weeks pregnant and I was happy to not have to stop at one glass.
- NEWBLOOD Chardonnay – our favourite so far was the New Blood Chardonnay, slightly tart, not too sweet and very refreshing.
- Erdinger Alcohol Free Wheat Beer – My hubby loved the Erdinger, an alcohol-free wheat beer. If you like a good German wheat beer, you’ll enjoy the Erdinger. And, bonus, it’s packed with good stuff like vitamins b12 and folic acid, as well as polyphenols… and it’s lower in calories too (only 83 calories per bottle).
We’re keeping the sparkling chilled, and ready to pop once I pop – to celebrate guilt free in the first few days of that newborn haze!
Lisa, Landscape Architect & mum to two primary school aged boys
I have been waiting for a company like Sans Drinks for years, offering alternatives to alcoholic wine that don’t taste like sugary grape juice. I absolutely adore a glass of wine but it doesn’t love me. I don’t sleep well that night, I get an upset tummy and I get a hangover from one or two glasses.
I am doing Dry July this year to challenge myself to improve my sleep and overall health, and look forward to happier weekend mornings. I was keen to try out the Sans Drinks range so that I can still enjoy a glass of wine during this Dry July challenge, and beyond.
There are LOADS to choose from on their website, so you will not be short on choice. Here’s a few that I’ve tried and loved:
- Wild Life Botanicals Sparkling Blush – this was yummy and light, mildly sweet, very drinkable and great as a before or after dinner treat. Think served with a plate of berries and camembert on a perfect summer afternoon!
- Plus & Minus Blanc de Blancs NV – I also had the pleasure of trying the Plus & Minus Blanc de Blancs. It is phenomenal! I was convinced I was drinking real champagne. I cannot recommend this one enough and I am keen to try more of their range.
If you’re looking to celebrate with friends but don’t want the hangover feels, I would definitely recommend Sans Drinks as your first-stop shop for alternatives to alcohol.
Ready to join the party and test out the delicious range of non-alcoholic drinks at Sans Drinks? Get started today and check out their incredible range below.
Meet Irene Falcone, Founder & Creator of Sans Drinks
Irene is a local mum and an incredible business woman! You might know her from her first natural health and beauty store, Nourished Life, which she launched in 2012 and sold it five years later for $20 million. With her passion for positive change and to help others make healthier choices, she took the plunge and launched Sans Drinks in October 2020, to bring the world’s best range of non-alcoholic drinks to Australians. Almost a year later, that passion is still as strong as ever, with new drinks and partners being added to her non-alcoholic range all the time.
In May 2021, she brought her online store into the ‘real’ world by launching the first non-alcoholic bottle shop in Australia, at Freshwater on Sydney’s Northern beaches. Pop along, sample some of the amazing non-alcoholic drinks she stocks, and you’ll be guaranteed to understand what all the buzz is about!
Essential Details: Sans Drinks
- Bottle Shop Address: 28 Lawrence Street, Freshwater
- Phone: 0407 270 395
- Website | Facebook | Instagram
Want more ideas about how to make life easier?
- Quick cooking ideas for busy families
- Tips for working from home with kids
- North Shore parks open for play! Where to picnic and ride
- 102 Fun & Creative Outdoor Play Ideas for kids
- 115 fun activities to do at home with kids
Disclaimer: Our reviewers were provided with the drinks in return for their honest reviews. All thoughts and opinions expressed are their own and not influenced by the company or its affiliates in any way.