As Santa prepares for his annual trip the North Shore comes alive, celebrating with all sorts of local festivities and enjoying delicious goodies. No doubt the kids are going mad with excitement and you are going mad with Christmas queues enjoying this special time of year too.
What we have here is a fun little edible gift “Reindeer Poop”. Use up some of their fabulous festive energy and put it into making these delightful (and pretty wholesome) balls. You can enjoy them yourself or pop in a jar as an affordable and fun gift for family and friends.
- 100g pitted dates
- 100g raisins or sultanas
- 35g dried cranberries
- 35g dried apricots
- 2 tbsp boiling water
- ½ cup almond meal
- 1tbs + 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp rolled oats
- 2 tsp fresh orange juice
- ½ cup desiccated coconut, plus ½ cup extra for coating
- Place all the dried fruit in the bowl of a food processor. Blend until finely chopped.
- Pour boiling water over chopped fruit and leave for a minute (ensure children are nowhere near the boiling water).
- Add the remaining ingredients (except for the extra coconut) and blend mixture until it forms a paste.
- Place the extra coconut on a plate. Remove the blade from the processor bowl and begin making small balls of mixture. Roll the balls in the coconut to cover.
- Prep time:
- Cook time:
- Total time:
- Serves: 35 balls
Omit the oats if you requite gluten or wheat free.
Tip: Use additive free dried fruits.
Storage: Reindeer Poop can be stored in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, for up to one week.
GET THE FREE ONE HANDED COOKS CHRISTMAS RECIPE E-BOOK!
Want more than just one recipe? Download the One Handed Cooks FREE Christmas Recipe E-book for lots of other ideas! Click here to download it now.
Plus, there is a gorgeous little cut out template (see in the pic above) available to finish it off the Reindeer Poop in the One Handed Cooks FREE Christmas Recipe eBook too!