After a major upgrade, the playground at Wahroonga Park re-opened in September 2014. Ever since, this playground has been one of the most popular spots on the upper North Shore to meet with kids – with a brilliant playground suitable for toddlers to tweens, free street parking, a cafe across the road and beautiful gardens to explore.
The playground features a range of fun equipment for children of all ages. There are two main zones:
Toddler Play Area
The Toddler Play Area includes a rubber soft fall area under beneath a large shade sail and a timber seating wall for parents to sit in the shade. It includes:
- The Little Train – ideal climbing, role-play, hiding and balancing.
- Toddler swings.
- A junior slide.
- A ‘chickies’ springer.
- Climbing hut.
- A platform deck incorporating stepping bells for children to walk across.
Older Kids Area
The rest of the fenced area of the playground, is designed for more adventurous young children to early teens. It includes:
- Aerospeed – a fast paced flying fox.
- Rodeo Board – a spinning, bouncing, rocking and rotating piece of equipment that can be used alone or with a friend.
- The Speed Gyro – a rotating roundabout.
- The Shipwreck – is half-sunken pirate ship designed for sliding, balancing, hiding, resting, climbing and role play.
Outside the fenced playground is an area dedicated to swing sets. The swings here include a large bird nest type swing which groups of children can use together, a set of regular swings and an accessible swing for disabled children.
The playground has something for everyone, making Wahroonga Park one of the best spots on the upper north shore. There’s a large area of grass for picnics, beautifully manicured gardens, nearby toilets and a café across the road.
- Where: Corner Coonanbarra Road & Stuart Street, Wahroonga
- Parking: Free 2-3 hour street parks on the roads around the park
- Toilets: Yes
- Sunshade: Yes
- Enclosed: The main playground is fully enclosed, but the swings are not.
- Seats: Benches
- Nearby Refreshments: Across the road at Cafe Patina