Have you ever thought to yourself, ‘I wish I could have a personal chef at home’? Well, you can. Anna Simamora is a professional chef who has launched a new business named The Floury Baker Online Provision Store. Servicing the North Shore, Anna offers a meal home delivery service, where you can get fresh meals delivered to your door.
This isn’t the first time I have reviewed a food ‘delivery’ service. I have had gourmet ingredients delivered where I’ve had to construct a specified dish myself, and I have had fresh and frozen meals delivered daily. The delivery from The Floury Baker Online Provision Store was somewhere in between as the meals are frozen and need to be reheated.
The first time I tried it I was in the process of selling my house and buying another, and it was an extremely busy time. I had to keep my place immaculately clean for inspections, with no help from my
dictator baby and tornado toddler. This was not an easy task. My time was poor and I was losing a lot of hair. The Floury Baker was truly a lifesaver. My food was hand delivered, on time, by Anna herself. It all came frozen and was kept cool in transit via a little freezer bag.
The goodness within my freezer bag included a lovely range of meals (I had had a hard time choosing when I put my order in). There was a Fragrant Thai green curry of chicken, baby corn and pea eggplant, Chicken cacciatore with chorizo and basil, and Beef cheeks slowly braised in red wine with tomato jam, kale and carrots. But in the end my favourites were a pie and a soup. There was a Chicken and sweet potato pie with garden peas I couldn’t get enough of. It was a drier pie filling of chicken and vegetables, and it was perfect for the whole family. I served it with some homemade baked potato chips and a salad on the side.
As notorious soup lover, I was excited to try the Peasant bean soup. My husband, not so much, as he doesn’t believe soup is a meal. We kept this for last and were not disappointed. It. Was. Amazing. And probably our favourite of all the dishes. It’s a must- try with fresh crusty bread (we had some ciabatta). My husband is now happy with soup for dinner, as long as it’s this one!
What I loved about The Floury Baker
- The food is delivered frozen. You simply pop it in your freezer to use whenever you need it.
- Most of the food is packaged in these fabulous cryovac bags that are simply placed in a pot of simmering water to reheat the food. The meal is ready in about 25 minutes (depending on the dish). You can accompany the meals with Anna’s selection of fabulous sides, or simply make your own – suggestions of what goes with each meal are shown beside each one on the website.
- The prices are realistic and upfront. Having food this good in your freezer is such a treat.
- Ingredients are clearly listed. You can see exactly what you are eating and can be rest assured everything is locally sourced. This means the dishes are great for those with allergies and intolerances, too.
- Portion sizes are generous, 600gm for two, which really can feed three when you add sides.
Whether you are looking for an ongoing meal delivery service, a one-off get-me-through-a-busy-period gift for a new mum or friend in need, or just want some amazing food in the freezer for busy nights, then this service is for you. Why not give it a try and see for yourself?