Stuck for a birthday or Christmas pressie for a one-year old? North Shore Mums have come together to share their favourite books for their babies. Generally, books with flaps, things you can touch and bright illustrations are the types of books that get the big tick of approval!
We’ve included links to The Book Depository, as they have an amazing range of well-priced books, free delivery to Australia, and it always arrives really quickly (except around Christmas, so make sure you order early!).
- That’s not my… Car/ Teddy/ Princess/ Robot, etc (Usborne)
- Where is the Green Sheep? (Mem Fox, Judy Horacek)
- Ten Little Fingers and Ten Little Toes (Mem Fox)
- Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See? (Bill Martin Junior, Eric Carle)
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar (Eric Carle)
- Where’s Spot? (Eric Hill)
- Dear Zoo (Rod Campbell)
- Peppa Pig: My Mummy
- First 100 Animals (Roger Priddy)
- Guess How Much I Love You (Sam McBratney)
- Kisses For Daddy (Frances Watts)
- The Big Red Bus (Judy Hindley)
- Time For Bed (Mem Fox)
- Crashing and Splashing (Alison Lester)
- Peter Rabbit Peekaboo (Beatrix Potter)
- Listen, Listen (Alison Jay)
- Huggy Kissy (Leslie Patricelli)
- Each Peach Pear Plum (Janet Ahlberg)
- We’ve All Got Bellybuttons! (David Martin)
- The Wheels on the Bus: A Very Noisy Picture Book (illustrated by Polona Lovsin)
What are you one-year-olds favourite books? Feel free to comment below with more suggestions!