Want your kids to try a new class or activity in Term 3? The Active Bodies Edition of our Essential Guide to Kids’ Classes is packed with fabulous sports, including martial arts, gymnastics and cricket. Discover them across Sydney’s North Shore with classes for kids of all ages – from babies, toddlers & preschoolers, to primary and high school-aged kids!
Take a look at the Quicklinks below to check out the options when it comes to kids’ sport classes on the North Shore. Mention North Shore Mums when you enquire for special deals!
- Cricket NSW (St Ives, Roseville, North Sydney & more!)
- Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden (St Ives)
- Gymbaroo (Mosman)
- BX1 (Neutral Bay)
- Personal Strength (Gordon)
- Philotimo Jujitsu (Gladesville, Hunters Hill, Lakemba)
- SJJA Crows Nest (Crows Nest)
- White Wolf Dojo (Castle Cove)
Cricket NSW (St Ives, Roseville, North Sydney & more!)
Woolworths Cricket Blast offer fun cricket programs for kids aged from 5 to 12 years of age suited for all skill levels! It is all about fast-paced fun, friends and being part of a squad. Each session offers up 60 minutes of fun where kids can participate in skill development activities and modified games, while making new friends and learning new skills, including catching, throwing and teamwork.
Parents can get involved too! The Junior Blasters program is designed for parents to spend some quality time with their child learning some simple cricket skills. Your involvement in the program has a huge impact on your child’s enjoyment, skill progression and achievement.
- Location: St Ives, Roseville, North Sydney & more!
- Suitable for: 5-12 years
- Enrol: online
- Website: play.cricket.com.au, or contact Sarah: 0426 485 549 and firstname.lastname@example.org
- Active Kids Vouchers Accepted
Baby Gymbaroo & Gymbaroo runs is a sensory and play-based learning program for babies (from 6 weeks) to children of four years of age. They have been running in Mosman for over ten years and love working with local parents, babies and kids from the local and surrounding suburbs.
Classes are run out of St Lukes Church Hall in Heydon St, Mosman (right behind Bridgepoint Shopping Centre) on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays during term time. The term consists of nine 45-60 minute lessons once a week. Parents love the support and education we provide for their babies and children. They welcome Mothers and Dads groups. Classes involve both parents and children. If you’re looking for ways to you’re your bub sleep and develop or for somewhere where children can climb and strengthen their bodies as well as stimulate their brains, they are the place for you.
- Location: Mosman
- Suitable for: 0-4 years
- Enrol: online or 0416 813 421 or email email@example.com
- Website: gymbaroo.com.au
Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden (St Ives)
North Shore Mums Offer: Use code ‘NSM10’ to receive $10 off Junior Rangers casual pass
Junior Rangers Club is Ku-ring-gai Wildflower Garden’s weekly after school activity for primary-aged kids who love nature. Join their experienced Rangers for active, hands-on sessions where you’ll learn all about the Wildflower Garden’s plants and animals, and pick up all sorts of essential skills for being a Ranger. Junior Rangers normally runs on selected weekday afternoons during the term from 4pm – 5.30pm.
Also available is Nature Play for Toddlers and Preschoolers on weekdays, monthly Nature School for Homeschoolers and Wild Birthday parties.
- Location: St Ives
- Suitable for: 6 – 12 years
- Book: Online, (02) 9424 0353, or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Website: krg.nsw.gov.au or follow on Facebook
- Active Kids & Creative Kids vouchers accepted
Philotimo Freestyle Jujitsu (Gladesville, Hunters Hill, Lakemba)
North Shore Mums Offer: book and try a free trial class and receive 20% off Term 3 fees if you join.
Philotimo Jujitsu teaches a modern form of Japanese jujitsu to women and girls. Only women can truly understand what women need when it comes to learning effective self defence. Their award-winning programs have been running for 30 years in schools, youth centres and community groups across Sydney. Their head instructor has been nominated for Australian of the Year 5 times for her programs with teenage girls.
Their programs begin with the practicalities of self defence, over time nurturing students to become empowered, capable and strong:
- Minotaurs (boys and girls 3 – 6) programs develop “bump + fall resilience”, fine/gross motor skills, balance, focus, manners.
- Primary girls (7 – 11) programs grow physically strong girls with a focus on skills to deal with bullies, using our words, learning to be kind and helpful.
- Teen girl (12 – 17) programs teach friendship skills, negotiating peer pressure + coping with social media, while introducing mature self defence concepts.
- Young adults (18 – 24) classes focus on practical self defence skills for the workplace with a strong social aspect to classes.
- Women’s classes (25+ years) focus on rebuilding physical skills /confidence after leaving sport / having kids, practical self defence as well as fitness + flexibility.
- Mums train FREE with enrolled children.
They absolutely believe getting your black belt changes the way you feel about yourself – book a free trial class and see if Jujitsu is for you.
- Location: Gladesville, Hunters Hill, Lakemba
- Suitable for: all ages
- Enrol: 0444 577 608 or via their website
- Website: philotimojujitsu.com
White Wolf Dojo (Castle Cove)
North Shore Mums Offer: free trial class and a free T-shirt to all North Shore Mums students signing up.
White Wolf Dojo provides a safe but challenging environment for children and adults to use their body, mind and spirit in a healthy and robust way.
Classes are non-competitive. Our biggest competitor is ourselves and martial arts training is about mastering yourself. Students learn physical skills like agility, strength, flexibility, speed and endurance. However, these are nothing compared to the life skills learned by committing to regular training, setting personal goals, trying your best and never giving up on achieving your own personal best.
- Location: Castle Cove
- Suitable for: 4+ years
- Enrol: email: email@example.com
- Website: whitewolfdojo.com.au
- Active Kids Vouchers accepted
BX1 (Neutral Bay)
North Shore Mums Offer: free trial week
The award-winning kids martial arts program at BX1 meets each age group’s developmental, physical, social and emotional needs. Young students are taught fundamental skills such as listening, structure, discipline, balance and coordination via fun karate drills and games.
Starting kids on the road for their black belt is aimed to improve their confidence, goal setting, leadership, reduce hyperactivity, build new friendships while staying active and improving their physical strength. Learning a martial art helps develop effective self-defence and raised awareness of anti-bullying strategies.
- Location: Neutral Bay
- Suitable for: 3+ years
- Enrol: online or (02) 8283 9243
- Website: martialartsacademy.com.au
Personal Strength (Gordon)
North Shore Mums Offer: Free trial class + bring a friend and save 20% off Term 3 fees
Here’s to strong women. May we know them. May we be them. May we raise them. Personal Strength offers self defence classes for teen girls only!
Training topics include:
- Avoiding different types of attacks and dangerous situations
- Target Hardening’ – strategies to lower the odds of being attacked
- Identifying relationship red flags
- Talking your way out of conflict safely
- Maintaining physical boundaries
- Natural striking and effective targets (if all else fails)
Classes develop positive self-esteem, self-confidence and self-discipline, so teen girls can have greater freedom with greater safety.
- Location: Gordon
- Suitable for: 12-17 years
- Enrol: online
- Website: personalstrength.com.au
- Active Kids Vouchers accepted
SJJA Crows Nest
North Shore Mums Offer: Free trial + free uniform – save up to $199!
Learn the most effective martial art in the world, with classes that are geared toward character development and personal growth. Martial Arts instils confidence, discipline, and respect, develops social skills and gives kids an opportunity to make good friends. Join the nurturing environment at SJJA Crows Nest where your child can feel safe while learning self-defence. It’s a great way for any child to get active while having lots of fun. Kids learn how to persevere on the mats so that they can persevere in life.
- Location: Crows Nest
- Suitable for: 3-16 years
- Book a free trial: online or 0401 388 963
- Website: sjjacrowsnest.com.au
- Active Kids Voucher accepted
There are plenty of kids’ sport classes on the North Shore for you to choose from. Want more options? Take a look at our Creative Arts Classes Guide too!