North Shore supermarkets are surging with the addition of new local food stores plus the overhaul of others.
QE Foodstores has opened a sprawling new grocery store in St Leonards, joining acre at Home HQ Artarmon and the new Harris Farm megabuild at Turramurra as the newest up and coming developments in the North Shore supermarkets surge.
They stock fruit, fresh vegetables, artisan bread, fresh meat, gourmet brands, fresh & frozen meals or specialised products such as organic and gluten free with over 6000 grocery lines.
The outlet is inside the $240 million St Leonards Square development on the Pacific Highway.
QE (‘Quality and Easy’) bill themselves as an independent Australian family-owned business focused on offering quality food and groceries and customers ability to shop locally.
“We want to deliver our customers a quality shopping experience and to stand out from the rest of the market. We really care and take great pride in delivering a premium product range and the freshest fruit and vege direct from Sydney markets at very competitive prices,” they write on their website.
North Shore supermarkets surge: What’s on the way?
New: Acre Artarmon
Acre Artarmon’s fresh herbs, flowers and fruit (grown onsite) will be used to produce delicious artisan bakery products; feature in café, restaurant, weddings & events menus; and used in homemade pizzas, garden-inspired cocktails and friendly beverages.
- Local and exotic fruit trees
- A kitchen garden
- Vertical plantings and hydroponic growing systems
- A large greenhouse-style function space
- Planted pergolas with strawberries and bougainvillea,
- Picnic-style areas
- Kids’ playground
- Chicken coop and composting
- What: acre Artarmon eco hub and eatery
- Where: 1 Frederick St Artarmon (adjacent to adjacent to HomeHQ Artarmon)
- When: Opening September 2020
New: Harris Farm ‘The Farm’ Turramurra
The Farm at Harris Farm led the North Shore supermarkets proposals, aiming to create relaxed atmosphere with the feel of a home paddock on a country property. It would include an area for local fresh food shopping that features :
- a hanging hydroponic herb and vegetable garden, a café, nursery and florist
- an orchard for families to relax and enjoy themselves under fruit trees
- a native garden to increase the amount of native plants on the property and provide privacy to our direct neighbours
- Three low-rise buildings on the site – the conservatory, the homestead and the barn
A basement for customer parking – including customers from other shops on Eastern Road, with all loading, recycling rooms and plant and equipment located below ground.
- What: The Farm Turramurra
- Where: Corner of Eastern Road and Tennyson Avenue
- When: Planning proposal on public exhibition by Ku-ring-gai Council until 3 April 2020
New: Coles at The Canopy
The multimillion-dollar ‘The Canopy’ retail development adds to the new North Shore supermarkets, with a Coles opening there.
The Canopy precinct includes the new full-line Coles supermarket, public community areas with outdoor meeting and play spaces and an additional 500 undercover car parks.
Locals will be impressed with the much larger store, which features a market-style produce hall, a new open bakery with freshly flipped flat bread, a gourmet deli with olive bar and expanded cheese selection, as well as Coles’ new ready-made ‘Coles Kitchen’ convenience foods, including more than 100 quick and easy meals across Italian, Asian, Indian and Australian cuisines.
New: Woolworths at Northbridge
Woolworths Northbridge is bringing a whole new range of amazing meals, ingredients and treats to the North Shore. The new store is taking your humble weekly grocery shop to the next level, unveiling a smorgasboard of delights in a new-look store with the emphasis on fresh food.
- What: Woolworths Northbridge unveils a fresh new look (including gourmet cheese!)
- Where: 79-113 Sailors Bay Rd, Northbridge NSW
- When: Open now