Here it is! Morona Avenue Reserve was slated for an upgrade last year, and the spruced-up, new-look space has just opened! The upgrade looked to improve the play value, landscape amenity and access of the site. Check out the before-and-afters and see the new look below…
Last year, Ku-ring-gai Council announced plans to breathe some new life into the Morona Avenue Reserve playground. Now works are complete, and families are able to enjoy the new, improved play space, including:
- Improved access – graded accessible paths to and around the new play equipment.
- Inclusive equipment – play facilities which can be used by children with a range of abilities.
- Landscaping – additional planting for shade and amenity.
- Disabled parking – provision of a new designated parking space compliant with the current standards.
The playground takes into consideration the access for people of all ages and ability, with wide paths, large ramped climbing towers and low connecting walkways.
The natural shades of green and brown reflect the environment and give the space a natural, bushland feel.
The new equipment includes:
- Double gazebo climbing tower
- Triple swing bay (nest swing, classic swing, toddler swing)
- Talking tubs and musical chimes
- Free play teepee tree frame made from naturally occurring existing tree
- Rubber softfall
Here are what the plans looked like before the upgrade, and check out the area before it had its makeover!
- Fully fenced playground with ramped gazebos, a swing frame
- Accessible toilets
- Seating areas
- Water fountains
- Where: Morona Avenue Reserve, 24 Leuna Avenue, Wahroonga
- More info
For more Out & About ideas…