During the festive period, kids are certainly eager to eat their body weight in ‘naughty’ foods. So here is a great way to use healthy fruit to keep with the Christmas spirit while eating well. We love it – it’s from a new book called Kindy Kitchen by Jessica Rosman, which has pages upon pages of other fun things to do with food, too.
The Grape Candy Canes recipe
Feeds 2 hungry elves
Around 18 red grapes
Around 18 green grapes
1 handful of redcurrant berries to decorate (optional)
1 chopping board
1 small serrated knife
1 bamboo skewer
2 bendy straws
How to make
1. Place the grapes on the chopping board. Then ask Mum or Dad to help you slice up your delicious grapes, using a small knife.
2. Using a bamboo skewer, make a hole in each slice.
3. Now slide alternating colours of each slice onto the straws until you have made your delicious grape candy canes.
- You will get extra points from Santa this Christmas if he sees you eating Grape Candy Canes.
- Red and green are special Christmas colours and they are also special colours for the body, as they have nutrients that will make you feel extra jolly this Christmas.
- Santa needs energy, too, so it would be lovely to leave him some Grape Candy Canes.
For more ways to spark kids’ imagination with food, and to purchase the book, visit the Kindy Kitchen website.
More Christmas food…