Part-time nurse wanted (hours negotiable – could suit applicant with school aged children)
The Dermatology and Skin Cancer Centre provides a wide range of services and treatments for medical and cosmetic dermatological conditions. We are passionate about providing holistic care to a wide range of patients with varied skin, hair and nail concerns. Our dedicated team go above and beyond to tailor treatments to our patient’s needs and achieve the best outcomes for our patients.
What does the role involve?
You will be working closely with our Dermatologists including assisting with small procedures; administrating medications such as biologic injections and subcutaneous neurotoxin injections for axillary hyperhidrosis; delivering phototherapy treatment; delivery of laser and other light treatments for medical conditions and for cosmetic procedures; administration of anti-wrinkle injections (under directed supervision from Dermatologist); patient education.
Our St Leonards rooms provide an easily accessible location, close to public transport and parking, working closely with our dermatologists and our practice nurse manager. We provide a safe and supportive environment for our staff and our patients.
What is on offer?
- A competitive hourly rate
- Comprehensive training and ongoing support
- Uniform provided
- A varied workday with structured appointments and flexibility of hours
Who are we looking for?
- Nurse who holds unrestricted, current APHRA registration
- Experience in providing quality patient care
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to maintain effective working relationships
- Strong team skills
- Good computer literacy and ability to follow procedures
- A positive patient centric approach to nursing care
- The willingness to respond positively to feedback
- The ability to work autonomously and as part of our team
- A reliable, responsible, and conscientious approach to your work
- Dermatology experience
- Laser safety certificate (applicant will be required to complete this within 3 months of commencement)
- Previous laser and injectable experience